• Tagged users None
motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
your welcome bro - hope you have a good outcome

lollipopman

lollipopman

Are you vegging in the same system? 5 week veg those mommas should be huge.. I'd say take one out to see if u got root rot.. Could be wrong but if your hydroton isn't cleaned good enough it will fuck them roots up then it's game over...

vonwolfen

vonwolfen

Are you vegging in the same system? 5 week veg those mommas should be huge.. I'd say take one out to see if u got root rot.. Could be wrong but if your hydroton isn't cleaned good enough it will fuck them roots up then it's game over...

No, I am not vegging in the same system..I used a rainforest 318..The roots had aphids on them when I got them, but I didn't notice until 4-5 days after. I sprayed them the day I got them, but not the roots. I got rid of the aphids quickly, but some of the plants never seemed to take off.
I know I had lots of problems in veg. The aphids where just one of them. To much light, too little light, over watering, my cats love the leaves, and ate some etc..

I may pull out one of the plants not doing well tomorrow when the light go on, and check. I will also take a photo of the roots and upload it.

tortuga1503

tortuga1503

Scrap em and start over. New basic nute schedule. Von you could pick up some teens from someone and be flowering in 2 or 3 weeks instead of chasing these problems with plants that have been put through the ringer. I would buy some soil, mix a lil of the hydroton in it or perlite and feed just the base foods and less is more forsure especially when we are learning the strains the system, the grow. You have alot of nice gear there and can do very well,but there are alot of learning curves here and soil will help buffer some of the problems and help you learn lots. Thats jmo

tortuga1503

tortuga1503

Von do any of the clubs in the sfv area carry cali connection cuts exclusively? I really like what i`ve grown from them. Looking for the raskel og, Im running purple og,Larry Og right now and just picked up a corleone baby yesterday

vonwolfen

vonwolfen

Well Smokypipes came over to check out my vast problems..Looks like I will be scraping the entire grow(for the 3rd time)...Time to save up again, and get new clones. Switching to dirt. Guess I will need to get more help....I am of course still more then willing to take any help or comments..Thanks Again

Toruga..I am not sure about Cali Connect cuts. I know a few places that might have CC seeds. Its going to take me some time to come up(another loan) with the cash to get new clones. I will start researching places that might carry CC cuts. Good luck with your grow.Take care.Thanks

vonwolfen

vonwolfen

That was the problem. Root Rot..Smokypipes drove out from SBV(which is a long ass drive, and was extremely cool of him to do), and pulled one of my plants and what little roots it had all fell off..

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
sorry to hear that bro, better to start over now - mad props to smokypipes for helping a brother out!

coco is a good way to go as well

tortuga1503

tortuga1503

Von I looked at the gear you are listing and I didnt see a air pump? Did I miss it or are you not using one? I am doing e&f in hydroton like you. I have a 100 gal rez and I use 2 85 watt air pumps and 4 big ass airstones,root rot cant survive in all that oxygen. Also check your pot to make sure they are draining all the way. I just went through this. I started using new bigger pots 3 gal. I transplanted from 1 gal to the 3. Everything was fine I mean great until those roots hit the bottom of those pots and they just wilted. As soon as I figured it out and drilled some more holes in those pots,BAM they just took off. You dont need as much air as I use. I think 1 watt to everygallon in the rez

lambrettats1

lambrettats1

hope all is well

how you getting on mate? did you simplify your set up? also a big thumbs up to motherlode that was real brotherly of you. TS1:character0201:

vonwolfen

vonwolfen

Lambretta...Things are going well. I am going to try growing just a few plants. Using smart pots with coco, and going to hand water. I figure with just a few I wont get overwhelmed, and have a better chance of learning, and maybe, God Willing, getting a successful grow..How are things going for you? Happy Holidays...Take care

hiboy

hiboy

Just wondering if you figured out what the root rot was from
Hope you crank it next round. I put some moms in dirt and they just go off by themselves. only see em once a week... Love u mom

Top Bottom