NEED HELP!!!

• Thread starter Rory
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

Rory

Ok, so i live in So Cal, San Bernardino, and its like 110 degrees, i dont know if its the temps, but i have 20 Alien OG plants, all in 7 Gallon grow bags, the plants are 2 1/2 to 3ft tall, not that big, and there beginning to yellow, not because there hungry, and some plants the leaves are burning due to heat, what can i give them for the heat? Superthrive? B-1? And also, how big of a plant can i have in a 7Gallon pot before its root bound? This SUCKS!!!

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

Well, how long have they been outside? How long have they been in those pots? You may already be root bound; from the description of your plant that would be my first assumption. The only thing I can suggest to deal with the heat is to find a shady spot for them to live or some shade cloth over them. There is no specific additive to make plants deal with heat better.

Blaze

Blaze

It is almost certain they are root bound in a pot that small. Superthrive and B-1 are snake oil, don't bother. Aerated compost tea can help with stress, as does calcium and seaweed. For future reference using some sort of mycorrhiza in your soil mix will greatly increase the plants ability to deal with heat and stress. Meanwhile, water two or three times a day, and try using a few drops of dish soap in your water as well. When plants get root bound the water can have a hard time penetrating the soil, you need a wetting agent to lower the surface tension. The shade cloth isn't a bad idea either.

SpicyTN

SpicyTN

its like 110 degrees... and they're beginning to yellow

Chill, dude.

The yellowing is from lack of Iron. Switch to a 20-20-20 that includes Iron, which is what what gives plants that deep greening.

It'll take about 7 days to get completely green again.

Trim dead or rust spotted leaves. Create partial shade if possible.

As for the heat, just hang loose. It will pass soon.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

How much do you water and how often??? Also, what nutrients and how much per gallon do you use??? You said there is no lack of nutes so if they are turning yellow its probably because there not getting enough water, when plants get root bound they can suck the water from the soil within 12-24 hours. That will raise your salt levels in the soil and could cause lock outs if your not giving them plain water with around 10-20% runoff in between feedings.

When I see signs of deficiencies I never add more nutes because it could easily make the problem worse. If you have an EC meter and Ph pen do a mini flush with plain water and check the runoff to make sure your EC ain't higher then what you've been putting in and your Ph is around 6.5. Like Blaze said, water multiple times a day and you might want to consider a transplant if you don't feel like watering everyday for the next 7-9 weeks.

Top Bottom