Need humidifier for tent that doesnt have a light!

• Thread starter Jestertz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

Jestertz

Hello. Anyone have recommendations for small dark dehumidifiers for tent? I wanna run one at night but one I have lights up whole body when I cover light with tape. Anyone know of one that can be used for night cycle ?

J

Jestertz

Just run it outside the tent in the room with the door closed it will work better aswell.
I have a small one. Didn't seem to work to well outside tent. I'm in a basement and running a large dehumidifier in room next door. Being fed into this room. Looking for small supplemental one for inside tent t. I tried to tape but light shines through vents also from within

20221013 214253
20221013 214256
20221013 230410
R

rangabud

Not a fan of humidifier in the tent as it's asking for problem.
Why do you feel you need one, how low is the humidity in the tent without it?
If you really want the humidity higher, can you turn down the dehumidifier that's pumping dry air into the room?

Blastfact

Blastfact

I use a 1 gal. Honeywell and a 1.3 gal from Walgreens. Simple straight forward units. I control them with Inkbird ITC-608T on each tent. There is a cheaper Inkbird. I run them in a 3 x 3 and 2 x 4. My tents are in my office mancave. I have my reloading bench, consumables, computers, and one of a kind tools in my room. I have good HVAC. So I control the temp and humidity in the tent. I use AC Infinity 6" programable exhaust fan and carbon filters to control temp in the tent. I then put a humidifier in the tent and setup the Inkbird controller to independently control the humidity in each tent. The Walgreen’s unit has a led that can be turned off. The Honeywell has a led that stays on. I hit it with a sharpie and forget about. People get all sketched out about a little led in there tent and light leaks for no reason. Go to YouTube and search for Dr. Bruce Bugbee How Dark is Dark Enough. Watch the whole video, watch it several times. Then relax about light leaks. Enjoy!

Tents that run internal humidifiers and controls.
Room2

3 x 3 with 1.3 gal.
Week 3

3 x 3 with 1 gal.
Plants

R

rangabud

Oh it's a dehumidifier in your tent?
I'm my experience the small ones don't do fuck all. I played around with lottle ones and they just couldn't do the job.

My advise is spend the money on a bigger one probaly one that has about a 400w power draw and 1 gal or more container and put it outside the tent, it's the only way I could get it to work properly. My tent now sits at 5-10% higher than what I have it set too outside the tent.

I had 2 cheap $80 ones tried in the tent and didn't do anything cos my exhaust was just taking it all out
Tried out the tent and they just couldn't bring the humidity in the room down enough to make a difference.
Got the big one and I have no issues at setting the humidity to whatever I want now.

Last edited:
J

Jestertz

Whe. I placed the small one in during lights on it dropped it from 50 to 47. Not a huge drop but just to help keep my anxiety down while sleeping. Lol

J

Jestertz

Oh it's a dehumidifier in your tent?
I'm my experience the small ones don't do fuck all. I played around with lottle ones and they just couldn't do the job.

My advise is spend the money on a bigger one probaly one that has about a 400w power draw and 1 gal or more container and put it outside the tent, it's the only way I could get it to work properly. My tent now sits at 5-10% higher than what I have it set too outside the tent.

I had 2 cheap $80 ones tried in the tent and didn't do anything cos my exhaust was just taking it all out
Tried out the tent and they just couldn't bring the humidity in the room down enough to make a difference.
Got the big one and I have no issues at setting the humidity to whatever I want now.
Current overnight numbers in lights off.

Screenshot 20221014 070421 AC Infinity
R

rangabud

That's not much at all.
If your only at 50% I wouldn't worry too much if you have a circulating fan in the tent, I run my tent at 50 - 60% during the humid months, and haven't ran into any rot before. Without the dehumidifier it would sit at 70 - 80% during the winter hence why I had to get a good dehumidifier.

J

Jestertz

That's not much at all.
If your only at 50% I wouldn't worry too much if you have a circulating fan in the tent, I run my tent at 50 - 60% during the humid months, and haven't ran into any rot before. Without the dehumidifier it would sit at 70 - 80% during the winter hence why I had to get a good dehumidifier.
Ok. Cool. I just had an infected clone contaminate both tents with pwm. I got it early and used crop control by trifecta. So now I'm super worried to get any other mold or mildew problems

20221012 192230
20221012 192303
ninjadip

ninjadip

Yeah, your humidity is good enough not to get pm. I would think.. one other thing to consider is if the leaves are on top of each other so they couldn't breathe. I know that if mine are stacked and can't breathe I'll have a wet puddle on the leaf, which I'm sure could ask for problems if not checked.

beluga

beluga

I've gotten PM in ~40% RH. It isn't necessarily the %, but the fluctuating from high to low humidities that makes molds and mildews thrive.
Adequately circulating air, stabilizing temp/humidity swings, and preventing microclimates (such as ninja said with the stacked leaves) is going to be the best prevention there.

ninjadip

ninjadip

I've gotten PM in ~40% RH. It isn't necessarily the %, but the fluctuating from high to low humidities that makes molds and mildews thrive.
Adequately circulating air, stabilizing temp/humidity swings, and preventing microclimates (such as ninja said with the stacked leaves) is going to be the best prevention there.
Thanks for teaching me about the dangers of RH swings, I didn't know that was a root cause. I've never had mold issues before.
Yeah, good advice on air circulation, that's crucial I think. And with enough gentle breeze any crowded leaves won't be able to make micro climates.
If leaves are over crowded, defoliation is a worthwhile option to prevent any microclimates.

ninjadip

ninjadip

Oh and back to the OP's OG question, a light on any tent appliance can be blacked out with some duct tape or electrical tape or something.

For me I put my humidifier inside tent while in early growth. It's just an evaporative type.

I put my dehumidifier outside the tent. It puts out heat that I don't want in the tent, plus it's obtrusive and easier to maintain outside of tent.

Fyi Additional fans in the tent can also help lower RH.

T_Dub

T_Dub

You can put one outside your tent…..some have tubing.
EEFB7F20 C550 4648 9117 B7906E30F585
This is an ultrasonic version….needs distilled water or RO water.

SchwiftyGrower

SchwiftyGrower

Supporter
This is the humidifier I use, and there’s a button to turn off the LCD screen. It’s a 6L and my only issue with it is I can’t set it to go off when humidity level is reached. It’s either on 24/7 or hour intervals up to I believe 8 hours.

I have it set to the lowest setting and running 24/7 and have no issues keeping a RH of 64-66%

6L Humidifiers for Bedroom Large... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B62K88P5?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Top Bottom