Need humidifier for tent that doesnt have a light!

• Thread starter Jestertz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
beluga

beluga

Thanks for teaching me about the dangers of RH swings, I didn't know that was a root cause. I've never had mold issues before.
Yeah, simply put - fungi are opportunists. If your temperature and humidity swing around, they'll find the right conditions to germinate and reproduce. And they don't need much time to do so.
Outdoors, for instance, you'll notice mildews proliferate when the autumn climate starts peppering into the late summer climate.

I never had issues with fungi until my current situation. I knew the basement was pretty heavily populated with them, but it wasn't until growing that I saw just how easily they take hold.
It's almost impossible to avoid some fluctuation from lights on to lights off, so making sure you don't have stale areas (places where your circulation is ineffective) then takes precedent.

Concerning the device light issue - I have to doubt the amount of light emitted from most devices is enough to throw off your plants circadian rhythms.
But yeah, I would do what you can to have environmental controls outside the tent. And, as suggested, have an Inkbird or similar device to regulate those controls.

J

Jestertz

The ink bird is a controller ? I have 2 ac inifnity systems with controllers. I also did tape the front and faint glow shines through the body of the humidifier. I had read an orange light on a power strip could herm a plant so very iffy about using any light inside the tent

TheBadChoice

TheBadChoice

The ink bird is a controller ? I have 2 ac inifnity systems with controllers. I also did tape the front and faint glow shines through the body of the humidifier. I had read an orange light on a power strip could herm a plant so very iffy about using any light inside the tent
Oh lol nvm then. I’ve always used a Inkbird for my humidifier and de for the controls and if your that super worried about light, find one with green since green does nothing as far as I’ve noticed and I run the equipment in the tent with everything else lol

J

Jestertz

Oh lol nvm then. I’ve always used a Inkbird for my humidifier and de for the controls and if your that super worried about light, find one with green since green does nothing as far as I’ve noticed and I run the equipment in the tent with everything else lol
It is a green glow. Hmmmm

ninjadip

ninjadip

I have a small one. Didn't seem to work to well outside tent. I'm in a basement and running a large dehumidifier in room next door. Being fed into this room. Looking for small supplemental one for inside tent t. I tried to tape but light shines through vents also from within
Looking at your pics, is your c02 bag and fan always outside of your tent? And I don't see one fan inside tent. Just curious

J

Jestertz

Looking at your pics, is your c02 bag and fan always outside of your tent? And I don't see one fan inside tent. Just

Co2 bags are like show lol don't seem to work anyway ( co2 meter didn't budge ] yes the door is cracked and fan oscilating at door. Plus one ac infinity fan in upper right corner. Also inline on top blowing out the door. It's a double room. Have to go through bathroom to enter so I close door where tent is in and than I have dehumdified air blown in from next door to this room the tents in. Which the. Vents out through the bathroom via tent exhausting.

I added photos. Big tent room is the lung. Easy to control temp and humidity. It's added over here. Which lowers little tent rooms humidity. Than lil room is vented out through a buffer room.

ninjadip

ninjadip

Co2 bags are like show lol don't seem to work anyway ( co2 meter didn't budge ] yes the door is cracked and fan oscilating at door. Plus one ac infinity fan in upper right corner. Also inline on top blowing out the door. It's a double room. Have to go through bathroom to enter so I close door where tent is in and than I have dehumdified air blown in from next door to this room the tents in. Which the. Vents out through the bathroom via tent exhausting.

I added photos. Big tent room is the lung. Easy to control temp and humidity. It's added over here. Which lowers little tent rooms humidity. Than lil room is vented out through a buffer room.
I tried that same brand c02 bag last grow, my c02 meter went from around 390 to 700. That peak c02 lasted one month not one year like they claim.
I agree it's not worth it, but while it doesn't work much, it will never never work being outside of an open tent, in an open tent, or in an exhausted tent.

J

Jestertz

I tried that same brand c02 bag last grow, my c02 meter went from around 390 to 700. That peak c02 lasted one month not one year like they claim.
I agree it's not worth it, but while it doesn't work much, it will never never work being outside of an open tent, in an open tent, or in an exhausted tent.
I had both bags in tent with door closed no fans. Both doors leading into room closed and never moved at all. That's why I said for looks lol

But I. Didn't watch a video where they stated if you have inlet to exhaust place them where air enters so it passes by plants as its removed from tent. Leats now I can feel like thier useful

ninjadip

ninjadip

I had both bags in tent with door closed no fans. Both doors leading into room closed and never moved at all. That's why I said for looks lol

But I. Didn't watch a video where they stated if you have inlet to exhaust place them where air enters so it passes by plants as its removed from tent. Leats now I can feel like thier useful
Hmm.. were the bags full of mycelium inside at the time? Mine took 2-3 months to become active, but I bought the one you activate at home, which is the 365 model. I didn't like the idea of being activated before I got it, maybe it made a difference.
I only had one bag and was still exhausting and I got the c02 spike during it's most active month. Which was when it was solid white and hard as a brick from the mycelium growing into every nook and cranny of the bag.

J

Jestertz

Hmm.. were the bags full of mycelium inside at the time? Mine took 2-3 months to become active, but I bought the one you activate at home, which is the 365 model. I didn't like the idea of being activated before I got it, maybe it made a difference.
I only had one bag and was still exhausting and I got the c02 spike during it's most active month. Which was when it was solid white and hard as a brick from the mycelium growing into every nook and cranny of the bag.
No I had to activate. They didn't do anything for 2 weeks. Than I broke it up a little. And bam. All white n spongey next day. Says to activate by Dec 2022 on sticker

ninjadip

ninjadip

No I had to activate. They didn't do anything for 2 weeks. Than I broke it up a little. And bam. All white n spongey next day. Says to activate by Dec 2022 on sticker
Yeah that sounds right. Regardless the bags are better for adding humidity than c02 😆

On my next move and setup I'd like to do powerful enough lights to take advantage of adding c02 from a tank.

J

Jestertz

Yeah that sounds right. Regardless the bags are better for adding humidity than c02 😆

On my next move and setup I'd like to do powerful enough lights to take advantage of adding c02 from a tank.
They add humdity to the room ?

Top Bottom