Need more root room, 30 gal system

• Thread starter woodsmaneh
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
datDANK

datDANK

good work mate!!!! strive to keep improving the system and dial it in .. never stop improving

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

Boy what a screwed up 2 weeks, first room was getting into the 95+ range, so added a 6" cooling line to the chillers, well got colder than I thought, checked the room 12 hr later and both res were at 50 degrees. holy shit bat man. Found the issue and fixed it, back draft damper, big $$$$. Took 6 hours to get temps back to 62. One plant looks like it thought it was time to go...

O did I mention the filler hose fell out of the RO tank and drained on the floor!!!!! my mistake took the clamp of for something else.

O ya it gets better, look in 4 days ago and I got Fucking Spider Mites the 2 spotted types. I used Avid on them and than nuked them again tonight and will do it again in 5 to 7 days. Get them all, little bastards, think I got them from bring in wood to burn, note to self change clothes or garden first. So other than that it's all good. Will get some pics in a few days.

Did I mention the computer died and had to get a new one.....

DowNwithDirT

DowNwithDirT

christmas time is here again.....

when everything hits the shitter in my book.

Already spent way to much just trying to get things running how they were instead of real upgrades.

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

I am using Avid on them started Tuesday and sprayed again today. Due to the life cycle you need to spray at least 3 times to get them all. I do it every 5 to 7 days and than check under the microscope. Little bastards...

will keep you posted.

By the way Avid can be used up to a week before harvest and is safe for human consumption. It is toxic and can make you sick if it gets on you or you breath it in. Turn all fans off when using. I wear a Tyvek suit, respirator, hat, goggles and gloves when I use it. You can down load the WHIMS info on line here

http://www.syngentaprofessionalproducts.com/prodrender/index.aspx?prodid=733

Protect yourself when using any thing like this. And keep out of reach from anyone.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
dirt + hydro = potential pythium problem. I know its the 4th time, but you may want to consider switching starter media to something sterile. IMHO.

ttystikk

ttystikk

dirt + hydro = potential pythium problem. I know its the 4th time, but you may want to consider switching starter media to something sterile. IMHO.

I respectfully disagree, but not for the reasons you might think;

Pythium spores are everywhere, there's no getting away from them outside of clean room conditions. Therefore, growing in conditions that inhibit it is key, and Woodman does that by keeping his water temps in the low 60s.

Therefore, even if there is more pythium in the soil he's using as a starter media than in the environment, it's the environment in his media- the water temperature- that counts.

Top Bottom