Need Opinions - Only second grow/harvest

• Thread starter Diverge
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Fromunda506

Fromunda506

That fan was just temporary while I was chopping and trimming. Finally done with just that, 10 hours later. I put a bigger fan blowing under them, but not at them. Do you think this is okay or should I turn it 180 degrees?

It blows towards the dresser, then towards the bed post. Parallel to the floor.
View attachment 1317444

This is the Honeywell fan I am using. It's on the lowest speed. https://www.amazon.com/Honeywell-Turbo-Force-Oscillating-HT-906/dp/B00B4BJR58

Everything will be in total dark. I have 4 sensorpush sensors in there. I have to wait for them to stabilize but I should be able to hit the numbers you said to target. If the RH is too low, I can put a humidifier in then to get it there and it will probably hold with the door closed.

Tomorrow I'll do a more fine trim and clean up my tent and hydro system. I'm too tired now. The lids to my buckets dont want to easily lift out. I guess the root mass is caught on my pipes.
That would probably be more direct then I would give them for airflow, but you’ll have to play around in your space to get the best arrangement worked out. I prefer a fan pointed away from them. You can turn up the fan a bit if you want just to keep the air in the room circulating. I want enough air movement to avoid it getting stagnant in my drying space, but that’s really all. I like them to take their sweet time drying nice and slow. Once they hit the jar, they hold humidity well without taking them out and/or opening them multiple times a day for the first week. The cure doesn’t really get started in earnest until they get some uninterrupted jar time with the moisture properly equalized. I also don’t wait until stems snap, at least in my space. By then, they are a bit too dry for my liking. I usually like to finish-trim and jar them a day or two before that point.

D

Diverge

That would probably be more direct then I would give them for airflow, but you’ll have to play around in your space to get the best arrangement worked out. I prefer a fan pointed away from them. You can turn up the fan a bit if you want just to keep the air in the room circulating. I want enough air movement to avoid it getting stagnant in my drying space, but that’s really all. I like them to take their sweet time drying nice and slow. Once they hit the jar, they hold humidity well without taking them out and/or opening them multiple times a day for the first week. The cure doesn’t really get started in earnest until they get some uninterrupted jar time with the moisture properly equalized. I also don’t wait until stems snap, at least in my space. By then, they are a bit too dry for my liking. I usually like to finish-trim and jar them a day or two before that point.
Okay, thanks for the tips. I'll aim the fan away toward a different wall so it moves air around the room. My first harvest I dried too fast being over cautious and worried. I want this one to be slow as possible for the best results and flavor.

Looks like I'm sleeping on the couch for ~10 days or more. At least I don't have to listen to the tent fan in my kitchen anymore.

The things I do for my plants. I've turned on the heat one time this winter when it was below 10F. The tent light had been keeping my place at 68-69 degress. And when I watch TV it went to 70. I can't wait to build a grow room... Just have to figure out what to do with all my computer parts and gadgets.

D

Diverge

This stem has been pumping drops of water/nutrients for a couple hours now. The other plant stem is not doing this. The hydro system has been drained, except for maybe the bottom 1/2".

I wonder how long it will last?
PXL 20230107 054011130

Gotta love the tight node spacing from the blue leaning veg spectrum I used. To keep them compact until flower and stretch. Flower starting every morning leaning blue, shifted to red over a 15 minute period, then red/far red 80/20 plus 50/50 blue/amber for the day, then shifted from 50/50 red/far red to 100 far red in the last 15 mins before lights out. I might have gotten some of the ratios wrong, so tired and I turned off my light controller so can't check.

Not bad for autos. One was 3.5 feet tall, didn't top them so the big one had so many branches.

Last edited:
D

Diverge

Hopefully with a grow room I'll have a much tighter control of everything and my leaves won't die prematurely. So far they have on both my grows. But yet I get better than expected yields with big buds. Could this stress be making them bigger?

Screenshot 20230107 002511

D

Diverge

The temperature is now 64F and humidity is 58%. I'm gonna stay below 60% for now... Don't want the bigger buds going bad.

I set up an AC Infinity wifi controller with the sensor in the middle of the rack of buds. It's driving their T3 humidifier which I have aimed near the back of my fan that is blowing on the opposite wall, which is a mirroed closet door (no worry of humidity on sheetrock). The fan is in static mode, non-oscillating, and is on an angle so it moves air around the room.

Once I got the humidity to my limit I set the min for the humidifier to 0 and max to 1 so they don't any humidity spikes hopefully. I want to be a little conservative I think. Until I feel more comfortable with how they are over some time.

D

Diverge

I finished up the 14 day dry at 60F 60%RH, followed by a day in paper bags to check for humidity spikes and even out humidity in the buds. Everything pretty much stayed around 60%RH, and has been maintaining that after going into 1/4lb grove bags, 80g per.

Basically got ~570g. But didn't fine trim all the buds just yet. Have some minor cleaning up to do as I use the bags.

PXL 20230121 182741155

DoobieBro462

DoobieBro462

This stem has been pumping drops of water/nutrients for a couple hours now. The other plant stem is not doing this. The hydro system has been drained, except for maybe the bottom 1/2".

I wonder how long it will last?
View attachment 1317468

Gotta love the tight node spacing from the blue leaning veg spectrum I used. To keep them compact until flower and stretch. Flower starting every morning leaning blue, shifted to red over a 15 minute period, then red/far red 80/20 plus 50/50 blue/amber for the day, then shifted from 50/50 red/far red to 100 far red in the last 15 mins before lights out. I might have gotten some of the ratios wrong, so tired and I turned off my light controller so can't check.

Not bad for autos. One was 3.5 feet tall, didn't top them so the big one had so many branches.
I had a fastbuds bleed after I chopped for 3 or 4 days lol

Top Bottom