Need Recipe For Good Compost Tea

• Thread starter halfmoon
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Tnelz

Tnelz

Hello fellow farmers i am looking for a good compost tea recipe.i have earthworm casting hummis bird and bat guanos bone meal. What els do i need and anyone have a recipe for 30 gallons of water
No need to complicate thing. Water, molasses or other microbial food , worm casting and or compost brew 24 hours or more and ur done. U can add whatever u want kelp is good fulvic acid is good but I'd go with the most basic recipie. Keep it simple and u will be rewarded . Best advice I can ever give.

Growin Grass

Growin Grass

There are about 8 trillion tea recipes on the interweb If you want to search the thcfarmer site for them I'd do it from googles search engine, I always have much better luck that way

geologic

geologic

Old Pharmer
Supporter
Cap's Forum right here will help--

Blaze

Blaze

Look up info and recipes from Dr Elaine Ingram and Tim Wilson (AKA Microbeman) they won't steer you wrong. Good tea is simple - all you need is molasses or a similar food source, quality compost, kelp, and maybe some fish hydrolysate. Shouldn't really be more than 3-5 ingredients really. With aerated compost teas, simplicity is where it is at, and less is usually more.

FYI anyone telling you to add guano, bonemeal, or anything like that to tea does not know what the heck they are talking about or understand the basics of what compost tea is or how to make it correctly. You can make nutrient leachates (which should not be confused with tea) in a manner that is similar to making tea, but that is a totally different process with a totally different end result. Tea requires very low nutrient levels for the microbes to grow and thrive, so adding guano or anything else with a higher NPK value is very counter-productive.

50YardLine

50YardLine

Ignore the nonsense on the web. Like Blaze said, Dr Elaine or Microbeman. microbeorganics.com

I use just molasses and quality compost. No need for anything else in a compost tea.

Latest posts

Top Bottom