Need recommendations for LED and tent

• Thread starter SchwiftyGrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SchwiftyGrower

SchwiftyGrower

Supporter
@SchwiftyGrower i have a discount code for Phlizon lights..

They’re good and also cheap with good PPFD.

DM If u want it…..
I’ll be buying it on Amazon, will the code work on there or is it directly through phlizon?

BigBlonde

BigBlonde

My thinking is that the tent & lights need to be a good fit with the reason for growing, the size of the room and cost. I began with a 4x4 tent and am now thinking of changing to a 2x4 tent for two main reasons: We don't need as much weed as can grow in a 4x4 and we would like more space in our growing room. I'm thinking hard about an AC Infinity tent. Our current setup has added about $25 to our monthly electric bill. With that and the equipment costs, it may take several years to make indoor growing less costly for us than buying from a dispensary.

The Viparspectra XS2000 lights we're using seem to be very good. I added 80mm cooling fans to their heat sinks to dissipate the heat better. I decided two lights would provide better light dispersion. I also have a single XS1000 light for seedlings, but don't have a tent for it yet.

Lockebox

Lockebox

My thinking is that the tent & lights need to be a good fit with the reason for growing, the size of the room and cost. I began with a 4x4 tent and am now thinking of changing to a 2x4 tent for two main reasons: We don't need as much weed as can grow in a 4x4 and we would like more space in our growing room. I'm thinking hard about an AC Infinity tent. Our current setup has added about $25 to our monthly electric bill. With that and the equipment costs, it may take several years to make indoor growing less costly for us than buying from a dispensary.

The Viparspectra XS2000 lights we're using seem to be very good. I added 80mm cooling fans to their heat sinks to dissipate the heat better. I decided two lights would provide better light dispersion. I also have a single XS1000 light for seedlings, but don't have a tent for it yet.
That's funny you say that. I'm on the other end of the spectrum growing in a 2x4 wishing I had a 4x4 or bigger.🤣
I smoke way more than a single 2x4 will provide back to back seed to harvest and am also overly fascinated with watching the plants grow lol. NEED MORE 😁

BigBlonde

BigBlonde

That's funny you say that. I'm on the other end of the spectrum growing in a 2x4 wishing I had a 4x4 or bigger.🤣
I smoke way more than a single 2x4 will provide back to back seed to harvest and am also overly fascinated with watching the plants grow lol. NEED MORE 😁
I didn't mention the joy of growing cannabis. That's definitely important, but I can get that from a few plants just as well as from many. I'm amazed at how much weed can be harvested from even a single plant. It's certainly best to match production with consumption, though. We haven't decided for sure whether we're going to downsize. We're just thinking about it.

Ponky

Ponky

I’ll be buying it on Amazon, will the code work on there or is it directly through phlizon?

These are good lights.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I didn't mention the joy of growing cannabis. That's definitely important, but I can get that from a few plants just as well as from many. I'm amazed at how much weed can be harvested from even a single plant. It's certainly best to match production with consumption, though. We haven't decided for sure whether we're going to downsize. We're just thinking about it.
If you grow more than you can smoke use the rest for cooking, make gummy's, turn some into infused oil, I have a quart of infused oil left after my last grow still. My wife uses 5ml per night for sleep medication. not everything turns out as nice sweet smoke, often ( around me anyways) I get a dud not that its bad, I may have dried it too quick or its lighter and fluffier than I like to roll and smoke.....Oil...brownies...chocolates even use the coconut oil as a cream for coffee in the morning.

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

Haven't had a chance to put my Phlizon to the test yet but from initial impressions and my eye test it looks like they will do the job. Probably using Samsung LM281B but they make up for it by using a looooooot more diodes

@SchwiftyGrower you'll be happy with the purchase. There is a promo code on the site here if you buy direct from Phlizon. I bought their 1000w bar light and it came out to like $580 CAD 😂

pilto

pilto

Beware my friend. This is a very slippery slope you can find yourself on and let me tell you...I went right off the edge.

It started with an offhand comment by the wife, "honey, have you thought about getting one of those tent thingies to grow your weed?" and at the time, I was spending way too much money on the black market so I said, hey, WHAT A GREAT FUCKING IDEA!

So I buy my first budget 2x4. Get ripped off by some Amazon bullshit lights that BARELY grow any weed from some seedbank that sent me tiny little ziplocks with handwritten labels...Then its, "HEY HONEY I SHOULD GET A SECOND TENT SO I CAN HAVE ONE OF THEM VEGING AND ONE OF THEM FLOWERING!!!" and the wife is just glad I haven't been spending so much green on green and waves her hand absently and I back out of the room slowly, whispering a prayer to the GODS OF DOOBAGE that she doesn't realize what she just told me I could do....

BUT THEN THE FIRST REALLY GOOD HARVEST COMES IN. And your friends are saying, "Wow, you guys have the best pot." And the wife is...stoned...and just nods along.

And then it's a second flowering tent, and a third, and then you have a backhoe and your digging a cave out in the mountain behind your house....

Last edited:
Lockebox

Lockebox

Beware my friend. This is a very slippery slope you can find yourself on and let me tell you...I went right off the edge.

It started with an offhand comment by the wife, "honey, have you thought about getting one of those tent thingies to grow your weed?" and at the time, I was spending way too much money on the black market so I said, hey, WHAT A GREAT FUCKING IDEA!

So I buy my first budget 2x4. Get ripped off by some Amazon bullshit lights that BARELY grow any weed from some seedbank that sent me tiny little ziplocks with handwritten labels...Then its, "HEY HONEY I SHOULD GET A SECOND TENT SO I CAN HAVE ONE OF THEM VEGING AND ONE OF THEM FLOWERING!!!" and the wife is just glad I haven't been spending so much green on green and waves her hand absently and I back out of the room slowly, whispering a prayer to the GODS OF DOOBAGE that she doesn't realize what she just told me I could do....

BUT THEN THE FIRST REALLY GOOD HARVEST COMES IN. And your friends are saying, "Wow, you guys have the best pot." And the wife is...stoned...and just nods along.

And then it's a second flowering tent, and a third, and then you have a backhoe and your digging a cave out in the mountain behind your house....
LMFAO yep it's definitely a slippery slope and I've already started sliding 🤣 haha I wish my wife was like that with my growing, if it was up to her I wouldn't have a single tent 💀😂

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
LMFAO yep it's definitely a slippery slope and I've already started sliding 🤣 haha I wish my wife was like that with my growing, if it was up to her I wouldn't have a single tent 💀😂
I can't grow enough in a single tent to keep me going and it takes too long from seed to harvest with plants that are big enough to get me through, I only have 1 tent but 3 flowering lights and 2 veg rooms. What was once 1 light got out of hand pretty quick.
ESPECIALLY SINCE I STARTED ON THIS SITE..... Every week I had to upgrade or get a new tool/toy and be like Mike.....fk I've tools and equipment I've never used I bought thinking I might need it some day..... my latest was a Portable Refractometer .......exactly........gotta have one of those.....to check the brix.....lol........or an InkBird humidity controller.......gotta have one of those....my humidifiers do the job.....It looks good though....

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I can't grow enough in a single tent to keep me going and it takes too long from seed to harvest with plants that are big enough to get me through, I only have 1 tent but 3 flowering lights and 2 veg rooms. What was once 1 light got out of hand pretty quick.
ESPECIALLY SINCE I STARTED ON THIS SITE..... Every week I had to upgrade or get a new tool/toy and be like Mike.....fk I've tools and equipment I've never used I bought thinking I might need it some day..... my latest was a Portable Refractometer .......exactly........gotta have one of those.....to check the brix.....lol........or an InkBird humidity controller.......gotta have one of those....my humidifiers do the job.....It looks good though....
Playing with my new camera, I hauled out my 4ft wide Gelato @ 9 weeks yesterday, 1 with flash on. I fed her lightly this morning. It looks like she'll be a while yet.

Gelato 2
Gelato Flash
Gelato up close
Gelato
BigBlonde

BigBlonde

We've spent more on our indoor growing than we thought we would when we started, but we don't regret it. It's easy enough to spend a couple $100 bills every month at our local dispensary. Every time we do that, I think that someday our home-grown eventually will be the better investment. As of now, we mostly have everything we need, equipment-wise. Now we just need to get smarter about HOW to do it.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

We've spent more on our indoor growing than we thought we would when we started, but we don't regret it. It's easy enough to spend a couple $100 bills every month at our local dispensary. Every time we do that, I think that someday our home-grown eventually will be the better investment. As of now, we mostly have everything we need, equipment-wise. Now we just need to get smarter about HOW to do it.
I can relate to that ... I rarely go to dispensaries anymore, and when I do its for my wife's gummies. There is a learning curve involved in indoor growing. It's not hard to grow good bud. What's hard is going from good to outstanding. I'm still working on consistently hitting that next level. It takes some time.

pilto

pilto

I can relate to that ... I rarely go to dispensaries anymore, and when I do its for my wife's gummies. There is a learning curve involved in indoor growing. It's not hard to grow good bud. What's hard is going from good to outstanding. I'm still working on consistently hitting that next level. It takes some time.
If you are interested, I have an amazing gummy recipe that everyone here in the hollar LOVES. It requires being able to produce your own concentrate though, so FYI.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

If you are interested, I have an amazing gummy recipe that everyone here in the hollar LOVES. It requires being able to produce your own concentrate though, so FYI.
I'd love that recipe ...

My wife has a machine called "infuzium 420". I bought it for her because she wants to make her own gummies. We just haven't gotten that far yet. Concentrates are no problem. I can have 10g for $100 delivered to my door. I've done that several times for "magic butter." I'm no longer making BHO extracts at home. It's much safer to buy it and at that price I do.

pilto

pilto

OK. So this particular recipe uses both infused coconut oil AND concentrate. I have a rosin press and after a...while I build up a bit of a stockpile of used rosin chips. Each "chip" is about 5 grams of bottom buds, popcorn and larf flower that I press into rosin. I then toss the "chip" into a bag. Once the bag is full, i will decarb the chips and then infuse coconut oil with them at about 190f for 5-6 hours.

I decarb 10 grams of concentrate. In my case I use rosin for this part.
Once you have a shot glass of decarbed rosin or whatever concentrate you are using, you combine the 10 grams of concentrate, 1/2 cup of infused coconut oil, and 1/2 cup of water in a small sauce pan, turn the heat on LOW, and start stirring. Set your timer for 15 minutes.

Add 1/2 tsp of soy lecithin, 1 tsp of citric acid, 1 tsp mold inhibitor (i use a 50/50 mix of potassium sorbate and water in a solution but you can buy the stuff on amazon in a little vial. It's literally called Mold Inhibitor but it's just potassium sorbate and water in a fancy bottle.) Stir the entire time but DO NOT let the mixture boil. If you see any bubbling, pull it off the heat. but keep stirring. Now, add 1 package of Jello in whatever flavor you like. I use strawberry. Don't just dump it in all at once. Add it a bit at a time. Next, add 3 tablespoons of plain gelatin. You can get a bin of it online. Knox is the brand i think? Anyway, again, little bit at a time. Don't just dump it all in. At this point, I usually add a teaspoon of strawberry flavoring oil or concentrate. You can also substitute lemonade for the 1/2 cup of water if you want but I don't really bother. Nobody is eating them for the flavor. Stir this mixture for the total 15 minutes and don't let it come to a boil. At some point, there will be this weird blending that happens with the gelatin and everything suddenly emulsifying. If it doesn't do this step on its own, you might have to let the mixture cool down, then stir it and warm it up again. I don't mean it has to be cold, just let it get a little cooler. But it will thicken and that is when you know it is ready.

Get your molds, fill your candy bottle and get to work.

I use this bottle (https://www.amazon.com/Wilton-Candy-Melt-N-Decorate-Bottle-Supplies/dp/B00HB555YI) and these molds (https://www.amazon.com/Gummy-Bear-S...74457&sprefix=gummy+bear+molds,aps,95&sr=8-24) for mine. Toss out the dropper and use the linked bottle. it will save you hours of pain.

You will make a mess the first time so be ready to either keep the kids out of the kitchen, or ask for gods forgiveness when you use the Lord's name in vain because you overfilled the mold and dumped some of the mix onto the counter and now the fucking cat is eating some of it SHIIIIIITTTTT!!!!

GOOD LUCK!

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Thanks a bunch

How strong are they? I usually take between 30mg-50mg per dose but I don't eat gummies often. My wife prefers hers to be about 10mg portions. She can eat them one at a time until she's where she wants to be. They are her "medicine." She says it works better for her over her prescription pain killers on most days.

pilto

pilto

Thanks a bunch

How strong are they? I usually take between 30mg-50mg per dose but I don't eat gummies often. My wife prefers hers to be about 10mg portions. She can eat them one at a time until she's where she wants to be. They are her "medicine." She says it works better for her over her prescription pain killers on most days.
Depending on how strong your coconut infusion is, they are VERY strong. No idea what MG they are. I know they knocked the socks off any store bought gummy I have tried.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Depending on how strong your coconut infusion is, they are VERY strong. No idea what MG they are. I know they knocked the socks off any store bought gummy I have tried.
I usually use 10g of shatter/wax/crumble and 2 lbs of butter for magic baked goods. The butter itself is very strong. We then use between 1/4 and 1/2 cup of butter depending on the recipe. I'm sure they are much weaker than what you have ... but they are plenty strong enough. We will likely use your recipe as a starting point but modify the amount of concentrates to keep each edible between 10-20mg. I use 70% THC content as my untested guess to the concentrate's strength and then do some math to come up with the final numbers. I'm probably in the ballpark as to how strong they are using this method, but without testing it at a lab there's no way to know for sure.

pilto

pilto

I usually use 10g of shatter/wax/crumble and 2 lbs of butter for magic baked goods. The butter itself is very strong. We then use between 1/4 and 1/2 cup of butter depending on the recipe. I'm sure they are much weaker than what you have ... but they are plenty strong enough. We will likely use your recipe as a starting point but modify the amount of concentrates to keep each edible between 10-20mg. I use 70% THC content as my untested guess to the concentrate's strength and then do some math to come up with the final numbers. I'm probably in the ballpark as to how strong they are using this method, but without testing it at a lab there's no way to know for sure.
I think you will be very happy with the outcome. My guess is that any concentrate you get from a dispensary is going to be much higher in THC than flower rosin. Start with half a bear. They are very potent with good infused coconut oil.

Latest posts

Top Bottom