Need second opinion about my Vanilla Kush grow

• Thread starter GreenDei
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

GreenDei

GreenDei

I don't know why they always lie about what their LED can replace. That light will replace a 150w HPS- that's it. It's god for a 2x2 - that's all. BTW the buds grown under a $79 150w mini sunburst would probably be much larger.

Thanks growsince79. I’m still a noob with LEDs and had been growing outdoors previously; this is my first indoor grow. This is definitely good info! I’d like to try HPS but there are some factors that are preventing me from going HPS like the cost of electricity. Where i am, electricity costs a bomb and since i’m growing for personal consumption and only growing 2 plants at a time, the amount of electricity i’d have to pay if using HPS just doesn’t make any sense.

GreenDei

GreenDei

I have been growing this strain for years. Have many posts about it. Check my threads but it’s slow. At least In flower. It bulks hard but I’m at 9 weeks and expect at least another two (day 63). I really love this strain. The terps have been great and the spears are fantastic. Lights on in a few I’ll try and throw you a photo of what to expect. Let it go, can’t rush this strain

Thanks Mr.jiujitsu, your feedback is really reassuring! Initially I was thinking that it might just be slow flowering but i wasn’t entirely sure and thought it might be due to something else.

I’ll also keep in mind about the light upgrade tip when i upgrade in the future.

Also, your VK grow looks amazing!

MarsHydroLED

MarsHydroLED

Premium Member
Supporter
Though it’s only pulling 100w from the wall, the TS600 is supposed to be equivalent to a 1000w HPS and outputs around 700 umol at 18” from the canopy. Is that not sufficient enough?
No, TS 600 is only 100w, it's for 1.5'x1.5' flower area, and 2'x2' at veg stage.

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

My ladies would beg to differ, they seem to like the SP250's at 36 days into flowering they don't even mind the blurples.
View attachment 959538
Not bad man, now imagine the quality of your skills if they where not fighting the upstream battle if burples and mars. I won’t go into the endless reasons why they produce a sup-par light, I’ll just say great job! (Mars sucks)

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Looks like a sativa, but it looks healthy and is flowering but you still have a way to go, it will probably fill in more in time, good job.

GreenDei

GreenDei

No, TS 600 is only 100w, it's for 1.5'x1.5' flower area, and 2'x2' at veg stage.

MarsHydroLED, your official website states that the TS600 is designed to replace a 1000w HPS. If this fact is incorrect, then you should make changes to the product details to reflect truthful facts because this is extremely misleading.

Anyways, i’m going to ride it out till harvest and will update this thread with photos when the time comes ✌🏼

1F3C700D 625E 4DF5 BE6B 08DB7F3D92B8
MarsHydroLED

MarsHydroLED

Premium Member
Supporter
MarsHydroLED, your official website states that the TS600 is designed to replace a 1000w HPS. If this fact is incorrect, then you should make changes to the product details to reflect truthful facts because this is extremely misleading.

Anyways, i’m going to ride it out till harvest and will update this thread with photos when the time comes ✌🏼
Hi GreenDei, sorry for the inconvenience, our website is being upgraded, some content is haven't reviewed. I already urged our colleague to updated it. TS600 is only 100w can help you get the same yields with a 150-250w HPS

Looking forward to your growing journey here, happy growing with Mars Hydro TS600!

ozarkgrey

ozarkgrey

Supporter

ok he has a point, that ad is misleading as fuck man!!!

growsince79

growsince79

Hi GreenDei, sorry for the inconvenience, our website is being upgraded, some content is haven't reviewed. I already urged our colleague to updated it. TS600 is only 100w can help you get the same yields with a 150-250w HPS

Looking forward to your growing journey here, happy growing with Mars Hydro TS600!
There is no way that light will produce the same as a 250w HPS. 150w HPS maybe- but 250 no way - I call bs

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

Another example of @MarsHydroLED bs advertising. Yet another fine example of why you should buy nothing from this company. 🤣😂 just clowns, straight clowns. If you need more evidence than this then you blind

HeLLfiReZ

HeLLfiReZ

Though it’s only pulling 100w from the wall, the TS600 is supposed to be equivalent to a 1000w HPS and outputs around 700 umol at 18” from the canopy. Is that not sufficient enough?
I think you would need 7 or so to be equivalent to 1 1000watt hps. These led sellers lie like a rug. The stats on them are purposely misleading.

Not saying leds are bad, because there's really good ones that will replace a 1000watt straight up. Some maybe even perform better.

HeLLfiReZ

HeLLfiReZ

If you can't get the most basic of things right about what you are selling, then you should not be selling it. But we all know it is not a mistake. 😉

MarsHydroLED

MarsHydroLED

Premium Member
Supporter
If we don't know or want to mislead customers, I won't point this here first. If some growers visited our official website before, they know that the data is real, we never write a TS600(100w) can replace a 1000w light before. Because of the upgrading website, some content didn't be reviewed before posting them, the descriptions are wrong. We apologize for this. The description is corrected now. And welcome to visit our web, point out the mistakes to us, we appreciate it💕

ozarkgrey

ozarkgrey

Supporter
on the subject of lighting and the never ending comparisons that are truly a silly waste of time and resources for everyone. and after looking at tons of tents and grow rooms pictures of ppl plants and grows etc. maybe we should start by offering up ways to max out the light and space we/you guys have. most of the time you can find somewhere to improve upon what you have.
start my being critical of your space and pick it apart. look for flaws or weakness in your set up. try taking pics of the space and stare at it while you burn one.
nail down all the little things, make a routine if you can and stick to it. sometimes the light you have is fine and can be maxed by tweaking other variables. think about your lighting schedule can you add a hour or subtract one. you guys get my point of coz light is vital but if you major on the majors and minor on the minors you will produce some kind buds for yourself. lastly ask yourself what are your goals and how long do you really see yourself growing? i'm guessing as more brick and mortar stores come on line and laws loosen etc and a grow here and there go bad etc more work than ppl think and well there are a fair number of ppl who will find this just isn't their jam. i have countless hobbies i've quit over the years in my basement. enjoy the process and stop stressing over what you don't have and max out what you do now light a number !!!

ozarkgrey

ozarkgrey

Supporter
If we don't know or want to mislead customers, I won't point this here first. If some growers visited our official website before, they know that the data is real, we never write a TS600(100w) can replace a 1000w light before. Because of the upgrading website, some content didn't be reviewed before posting them, the descriptions are wrong. We apologize for this. The description is corrected now. And welcome to visit our web, point out the mistakes to us, we appreciate it💕

that is fine and all but the glaring fact is, any of those lights that mars sold should be replaced, refunded or whatever in order to make the customer whole. the consumer trust that descriptions are based on truth and that all trade is based on that. if the buyer had paid with half real money and half fake money you would be pretty unhappy. and these are the little things that are so costly when your active on a site like ours. you are only as good as your last sale. sorry

MarsHydroLED

MarsHydroLED

Premium Member
Supporter
We promise 30 days money back, 1 year full warranty and 3 years warranty

Reactions: Ina
Top Bottom