Need some advice from pros...

• Thread starter SCFSYNDICATE760
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SCFSYNDICATE760

SCFSYNDICATE760

Hello yall-
So...I just framed our room. It is in the corner of our garage, basically 8 x 9 ft. We only had to build up the 2 walls, as the other 2 are already part of garage obviously. So my questions have to do with what to do for optimum grow. Now I know that a lot depends on strain, temp., etc...but I would like to get a few peoples ideas on what best idea is for lights, room divide etc....

1. What would be suggestion on lights for that size room. It will be sealed as much as possible, and we are planning on going hydro. Buckets with a drip line for nutes i think..I have 3 600s and i think i can get a few more and a thousy...was og gonna go w/6 600s when room was 10 x 10...now were a bit smaller. If there is a suggestion for a diff medium I would def be open to hearing that as well, based on the amount of room I have.
2. What should be done about splitting room. Was going to be trying to have clones veg somewhere else then flower here, but I dont wanna have to rely on others too much, so I am thinking should prob have veg room here as well..will have a lil clone starter section prob outside room...Also, if I am going to separate room, what lights to use on veg..t5s or hps?

Also need to figure out what size, how many trays I will need or can use...As I said, the frame for the dry wall walls is already up, just need some advice on which direction to go...
This site came w high regards from a very good friend/pro grower and I have been soo impressed with what I have seen here....Any help is mucho appreciated..

Also...room is in coastal so cal...just for weather info...and I think we are planning on insulating room....
Thanks again yall!!!!
:lock:

R

robz

I'm in a 12 by 9 room and run 2-1000 watt HPS & 600 watt halide. It's more then enough for 12 by 9. I flower in this room with usually 8-14 plants on a perpetual harvest. I even had great success with just the 2 HPS. I just added the 600 halide recently for this round. Lot depends on how many plants? How much air are you going to be pulling through the hoods for cooling? I've been dialing in my room for a couple months. Get a good Vortex 6 or 8 in fan to pull air through the hoods fed from outside. If you can get another 6 in. Fan to put on top of a Phat filter for the smell. Last but not least a temp & humidity controller. Plug fans, co2, AC into it to keep room parameters right where you want them. Hope I answered a few of your questions. Good luck & keep us posted. On a side note yeah you should be golden with 4-6 600 watters in that room. A 1000 watt is just better for penetration so as to get nicer buds down low.

R

robz

Also I wouldn't split the room. Veg in a 4 by 4 tent in the house if you have room. I grow all organic in dirt so can't really advise on the hydro setup.

420Gator

420Gator

i wouldnt try hydro for a 1st grow but where theres a will theres a way

if ur tryin to yield for other patients do ur self a favor and scrog it up

SCFSYNDICATE760

SCFSYNDICATE760

Yea i do def plan on scrogging it up...this was also part of my concern...if you wanna scrog, doesnt it have to be trained from the gate?....so if i have clones and then gotta move em to a diff room etc..how do you keep em scrogged?...
So would a thou and 2 600s be good for that size room? Then maybe a few t5s for a veg room?

Also on a diff note,
my homie whos helping me crossed Chemdog D with super silver pearl and also plat bub kush with the super silver...out of 18 seeds i threw in a paper towel, 15 popped..now i have transplanted seeds and well see how many make it strong...supposedly a pretty good mix. What do you think?

420Gator

420Gator

check out lbh's scrog thread

i didnt scrog my current run till a few days in flower and i even had to re-scrog it 2 weeks in

M

messsa

my space is not too far off yours and im getting away with 2x 1000 , and that gives reasonable room to move is a completely sealed room, space for plants and with an 8" intake there is zero smell ( so far, 2 weeks in ) . you could fit the 600 in there for more grow room as I might do myself . I dont know your experience level , but if your new I suggest soil . hydro isnt that hard but when your new to little changes in plant heath by the time you figure out the prob it can be too late, soil is pretty user friendly .

R

robz

I agree on the waiting to do hydro if it's your first grow. I've done hydro but it's been awhile. Soil is more forgiving.

Top Bottom