Need some advice on Obama Kush DWC Grow

• Thread starter ReggieMartinez
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

ReggieMartinez

Hey everyone! Looking for some help with this Obama Kush DWC grow.

Let me start with the issue: For the most part seems like plant is doing good, but I have been seeing some bugs in the roots (usually airspace between net pot & h2o levels). I’ve done one rinse and they seemed to be fine but about a week later they are back. Other than just flushing/dunking with ClearEX and then hydro guard, is there anything else I should do?

Overall Grow Information:
  • Clone purchased originally in soil/rockwell cube. Soil was removed/rinsed as best as possible before putting in Hydroton
  • Approximate Clone date when purchased (2-3 weeks into veg) 5/22
  • Assumed Grow Week: Week 7 (49 days veg)
  • Nutrients used throughout grow:
    • BC Scilica Blast/Hydroguard/CalMag+
    • FF Big Bloom/Grow Big/TigerBloom/MicrobeBrew/OpenSesame
    • TPS RootBoost/Signal, GH Diamond Nector
Grow Tent/DWC Conditions:
  • Temp Range: 67-74 degrees (has gotten over 80 a few times)
  • Humidity Range: Was 55-68% - Now 50-58%

What has been performed already:
  • pruning of large main fan leaves
  • topped only at main shoot
  • trimmed roots (primarily long runners)

Other things looking for advice on:
based on age dispensary aging we are going into week 7 - should I flip to flower now?
I topped the main shoot and appears to look okay! Am I okay to top some of the lower branches?

Thanks in advance!

Need some advice on obama kush dwc grow
Need some advice on obama kush dwc grow 2
Need some advice on obama kush dwc grow 3
Need some advice on obama kush dwc grow 4
Need some advice on obama kush dwc grow 5
R

ReggieMartinez

Forgot to add:

DWC Conditions:
Water Temp: 67-74 F
PPM Range: 615-635
pH Range: 5.8-6.05
Water Level: ~2" below net pot

R

ReggieMartinez

Quick update - bugs are still showing up so I’ve been rinsing out every other day.

Overall was able to take 4 clones off this (could probably prune off a couple more of the lower branches)

Going to flip to flower tomorrow morning and give 24 hours of darkness then straight to 12/12.

Curious if it’s worth topping any additional areas, or if the main shoot is enough?

Would love any feedback/advice as I flip to flower!

Thanks everyone.

IMG 1660
IMG 1661
IMG 1662
IMG 1663
IMG 1664
1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Where did you source your Obama Kush from?

R

ReggieMartinez

Forget the exact grower but it was a Female Humboldt Farms (?) clone from Archive in SE PDX, OR. I also bought some Fem Emerald Valley Fire OG seeds from them as well. Waiting to see how the clones from this as well as some others that I cut off a plant that didn't make it.

Archive Portland - Dispensary

R

ReggieMartinez

Here are some pictures of the clones that were clipped. First two were from a lower branch and main stem topping. Second 2 were cut 2 days ago and still waiting for roots to establish.

IMG 1666

IMG 1667

IMG 1668

IMG 1671

These are the clones from a Zurple Punch 6 clone that didn’t make it because roots never established after transplanting. Not really expecting much from these but just trying to see if I can make it work.

IMG 1669

IMG 1670

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Here are some pictures of the clones that were clipped. First two were from a lower branch and main stem topping. Second 2 were cut 2 days ago and still waiting for roots to establish.

View attachment 2000958
View attachment 2000959
View attachment 2000960
View attachment 2000961

These are the clones from a Zurple Punch 6 clone that didn’t make it because roots never established after transplanting. Not really expecting much from these but just trying to see if I can make it work.

View attachment 2000962
View attachment 2000963
Looks good bro!!
Keep it up:)

Top Bottom