Need Some Advice

• Thread starter stickythumb
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
stickythumb

stickythumb

Not sure, but could this be the start of clawing? Maybe a nitrogen problem or ph? Or am I being paranoid? First time Grower so, I'm sure I'm over analyzing :)

Need some advice
Need some advice 2
Need some advice 3
1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
What problem? Looks great. I don't understand what your concern is here.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
The start of over watering, the most common mistake for us beginners. The plant will survive in totally dry soil for a day or two, the leaves will stop pointing up and start to sag downwards. The roots at this time start to grow in search of water and the air that gets to the roots makes them happy. Roots that are always moist turn brown and mushy and the plant shows clawing, fading , spots etc on the top because the roots are sick.
Lift your pot and test the weight, poke your finger into the dirt. If the top few inches isnt dusty dry and the pot still feels heavy, DONT WATER IT. Wait for the top of your soil to be crumbly dusty dry and the pot to feel light when lifted to water.
I know its hard believe me, we love to love them to death...

stickythumb

stickythumb

Like I said, first time grow, all bagseed, really hoping they're females, if anything I get some practice in. Also, couldn't tell ya if it's an autoflower, sativa or indica. Very anxious to see how they finish up!

stickythumb

stickythumb

New pictures of plants...coming up on the 3rd week from breaking soil for the first one. The other two are about a week behind. The middle plant seems to not be doing as well as the other two, looks like the main veins on leaves are turning a yellowish color, I'm going to leave her alone and see what she does.

20160914 095121
20160914 095127
20160914 095132
Fishmaster42

Fishmaster42

what does that temp gauge say. 91.4 and 11 % humidity no good. report back your average temps and humidity

stickythumb

stickythumb

Lol, now I see it, that is today's date you were mistaking the temp for

Fishmaster42

Fishmaster42

im blind i guess temps are fine humidity could be higher a little

stickythumb

stickythumb

I was wondering, I have been fighting to raise the humidity, The grow is located in a closet against 2 exterior walls. There is a window in the closet I can open for ventilation . Thinking about putting a warm mist humidifier in the room, do you think this would be okay? Also not much air circulation in the closet with closet door shut. Do do you think the open window would provide enough fresh air coming in and out?

Fishmaster42

Fishmaster42

they sell these little bed side humidifiers that are cheap and only like a foot tall. your temps look good for now i would use the window once the space fills up some and you may need to let some heat out. Bugs can come in that window also. clean the outside of the window and spray some bug killer around the edge when you do.

stickythumb

stickythumb

Thank you so much! That's the exact kind of humidifier I had in mind, As for the bug killer...My wife HOUNDS me about not having any pests around in the first place...so I use home defense religiously,lol. But will definitely be cleaning the window as you said. I'm also wanting to stay in one gallon pots through harvest...not looking to make or break me, just for personal use, so with that being said how long should I veg so I don't have to worry about it getting rootbound?

Fishmaster42

Fishmaster42

I use 2 gallon pots myself, i found one gallon pot possible but you got to be on your game watering all the time miss a feed your done, shit will wilt all up. I feed 2 to three times a night in flower. my trellis nets are at 24 inchs now. I did 18 inches for a long time also. So to answer you question about plant size I go for 28 inches so i can bend some down under the nets in two gallon pots with main stems about quarter size or close to it. I know that sounds big, there is many ways to skin a cat. that what im currently doing.

stickythumb

stickythumb

Alright, so maybe I'll shoot for 12-14 inches before I start to flower, as I understand I can expect them to double in size during that stage?

Jetset

Jetset

Not sure, but could this be the start of clawing? Maybe a nitrogen problem or ph? Or am I being paranoid? First time Grower so, I'm sure I'm over analyzing :)
She singing to the light, reaching up like that said happy lady. Make sure she stays that way by making her roots work for their dinner, don't over feed. Good luck

stickythumb

stickythumb

Okay, so it's been a couple of days since I've lasted posted. I have new pictures of the plants, which, have hit a growth spurt.

The first plant is 3 weeks tomorrow from breaking soil the other two are shortly behind. Would it be safe to assume that the first one MIGHT be an Indica strain? The leaves just seem broader than either of the other two. I still have not added any extra nutes, than what's in my medium to begin with.

Please let me know what you think, good or bad! THANKS

20160916 095407
20160916 095349
20160916 095341
stickythumb

stickythumb

Been a few days since I've been on here. Figured I put up some new pics. Plants seem to be doing okay. Really starting to grow:) Fimmed the middle one
and it seems to be on the road to recovery. Let me know what I can do better with these plants, Knowledge is power!! TIA!

CM160917 10074301
CM160917 10091603
CM160918 15560401
CM160918 15561802
CM160918 15565303
Top Bottom