Need Some Advisement And Direction On Pruning My Plants..

• Thread starter Lyla252628
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Lyla252628

Lyla252628

Hello,
Can some kind folks to take a look at and Critique my Bubblegum Girls? I'm looking for some direction. What if anything I should be pruning, or doing better to increase production? Whats up with the yellowing leaves toward the bottom? Should those little sprouts and yellow leaves be cut off? And the leaf tips.. My levels check out fine.. No deficiency's to speak of, so why the burnt looking tips? Also.. How far along are they looking? Is this the flowering stage??

Need some advisement and direction on pruning my plants
Need some advisement and direction on pruning my plants 2
Need some advisement and direction on pruning my plants 3
Need some advisement and direction on pruning my plants 4
Need some advisement and direction on pruning my plants 5
Need some advisement and direction on pruning my plants 6
Need some advisement and direction on pruning my plants 7
Need some advisement and direction on pruning my plants 8
Need some advisement and direction on pruning my plants 9
Need some advisement and direction on pruning my plants 10
Need some advisement and direction on pruning my plants 11
Need some advisement and direction on pruning my plants 12
Need some advisement and direction on pruning my plants 13
Need some advisement and direction on pruning my plants 14
Need some advisement and direction on pruning my plants 15
Last edited:
tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

all that stuff on the bottom needs/should of been cut off and looks like u might of nute burned them a lil bit
also next time try lst or toping it will give u a bush and something not so tall

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

the lst will help a lot when trying to get light to the bottom of the plant with it being out side u need all that plant bathing n the sun

Lyla252628

Lyla252628

A mix of Potting soil & Peat with nutes, ratio 3 - 1 Soil, All Organic

Lyla252628

Lyla252628

the lst will help a lot when trying to get light to the bottom of the plant with it being out side u need all that plant bathing n the sun
How far up are you talking about pruning these girls?? Small branches and fan leaves??

Lyla252628

Lyla252628

A mix of Potting soil & Peat with nutes, ratio 3 - 1 Soil, All Organic
There's 2 inches of Rock lining the bottom of my 5 Gallon Buckets along with plenty of drain holes.. they need a drink once a day if that lately

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

in the row the 2 pic posted of the bottom id say cut all of that in veg u to late in to flower now to cut a lot off of her u will just stress her out and u don't wont to wast time in recovery

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

wow have to water every day that's a lot not the bottom im worried about the soil just don't look the water can even get to the bottom hehe

BudBogart

BudBogart

That's either slight nute burn from too much n, or possibly p- since it is starting to flower. If you think it might need more phosphorus because it's flowering, add. If it's too much it will work its way out in time, just back off a bit.
That would be, or would have been a great plant to super crop its top which is simply bending the top downward without snapping the top. That pushes the lower branches to shoot up, but also your top will recover and flower as normal. Once flowering is under way the options become limited.

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

like budbogart said if it looks like it ant going to grow to much cut it off the plant is wasting power on trying to keep it alive where u want all that power in the colas

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

I would prune them at least high enough bugs can't crawl up the leaves into the plant. If it's minor stuff not likely to produce a nice bud, remove it.
surprised it don't have bugs eating it looks like u got them growing in the woods what u doing to keep the bugs away?

Lyla252628

Lyla252628

in the row the 2 pic posted of the bottom id say cut all of that in veg u to late in to flower now to cut a lot off of her u will just stress her out and u don't wont to wast time in recovery
Sorry but you say to cut "All of that in veg" Can you please be a little more specific? This is my first grow. Thx for the patience;)

Lyla252628

Lyla252628

surprised it don't have bugs eating it looks like u got them growing in the woods what u doing to keep the bugs away?
I've had no bugs to speak of.. A couple little nibble holes on one leaf of a fan.. Nothing more than that. They are surrounded by Blackberry Bushes (Trees really) Cleared a nice sunny spot with a breeze. Maybe its our climate.. From what I read online, there haven't been any notable pest problems outside of slugs.. But like I said.. I'm new lol;)

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

when u have them in 18 hours of light or more they in veg that is when u need to do any cutting and I mean cut all them stems off just about flush with the stalk but not to close if the plant is going to get sick u still have a chance and u can cut if off but if its flush with the stake u cant do that

Lyla252628

Lyla252628

I would prune them at least high enough bugs can't crawl up the leaves into the plant. If it's minor stuff not likely to produce a nice bud, remove it.
Bugs or slugs have never been a bother.. So with that in mind.. Plz forgive me as I'm only trying to be overly cautious about my first solo grow. You stated " If it's minor stuff not likely to produce a nice bud" Could you be a little more precise in teaching me WHAT would be considered minor stuff? Like the side branches through the soil.. Gone right? What about the turning leaves near the base?

Lyla252628

Lyla252628

when u have them in 18 hours of light or more they in veg that is when u need to do any cutting and I mean cut all them stems off just about flush with the stalk but not to close if the plant is going to get sick u still have a chance and u can cut if off but if its flush with the stake u cant do that
They are outdoor plants, and portable. Current Daylight hours currently is 14 on 10 off. I do not have the set up to grow indoors

Top Bottom