Need Some Advisement And Direction On Pruning My Plants..

• Thread starter Lyla252628
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Lyla252628

Lyla252628

wow have to water every day that's a lot not the bottom im worried about the soil just don't look the water can even get to the bottom hehe
It sucks it right up.. Usually wants more in the morning if the temps stay in the 70-80's.. Its starting to drop into the high 60's right now, but It looks like just a small wet patch.. 3 days or so

Lyla252628

Lyla252628

Alright, well It sounds like I am too late in the cycle to prune. Just a note taken for a better harvest next year, thx tinderthumbs

BudBogart

BudBogart

Bugs or slugs have never been a bother.. So with that in mind.. Plz forgive me as I'm only trying to be overly cautious about my first solo grow. You stated " If it's minor stuff not likely to produce a nice bud" Could you be a little more precise in teaching me WHAT would be considered minor stuff? Like the side branches through the soil.. Gone right? What about the turning leaves near the base?
The stems coming out of the soil are too low and may create issues. Snip them. Then just the leaves that may touch the soil when they get rained on and get heavy. On that plant, cleaning the first 6 inches above the ground will work.
If this is a first grow don't worry about trimming away lesser bud sites. When done correctly it opens up the plant for more air, more light and let's the plant put its energy in more productive stems.

Lyla252628

Lyla252628

That's either slight nute burn from too much n, or possibly p- since it is starting to flower. If you think it might need more phosphorus because it's flowering, add. If it's too much it will work its way out in time, just back off a bit.
That would be, or would have been a great plant to super crop its top which is simply bending the top downward without snapping the top. That pushes the lower branches to shoot up, but also your top will recover and flower as normal. Once flowering is under way the options become limited.
This is great info!! So just to clarify your point, If i jump on it right now, Start Trimming the bottom few inches.. correct?

Lyla252628

Lyla252628

Good News! I'm getting to clipping..
One more thing if you don't mind helping:
Can I get your educated opinion on this particular Fertilizer for my Flowering stage?? This Sta-Green isn't organic, and was recommended to me by a Lowe's employee. I pulled an Amateur move early in the grow and over fertilized all 3 of my bubblegum girls.. Hence the reason you only see two:(
In reference to the deficiencies you stated above that I should be continuing to watch.. PH & N I believe you said. Will this stuff do the job? I'm overly trigger shy with this stuff from experience.. Any advisement and hand holding would be much appreciated.. Thx

Unnamed 6
Unnamed 7
Unnamed 8
BudBogart

BudBogart

Good News! I'm getting to clipping..
One more thing if you don't mind helping:
Can I get your educated opinion on this particular Fertilizer for my Flowering stage?? This Sta-Green isn't organic, and was recommended to me by a Lowe's employee. I pulled an Amateur move early in the grow and over fertilized all 3 of my bubblegum girls.. Hence the reason you only see two:(
In reference to the deficiencies you stated above that I should be continuing to watch.. PH & N I believe you said. Will this stuff do the job? I'm overly trigger shy with this stuff from experience.. Any advisement and hand holding would be much appreciated.. Thx

I had mentioned n for nitrogen or a p-, a shortage of phosphorous.
Since you say you over fertilized, I think you are looking at slight damage from that.
Aside from that fertilizer being packaged for bulbs I think it should work although I have never used it. You are correct in being slow and cautious with use of fertilizers.
Lots of farmers advise us to use 1/2 of the recommended dose age.
How long since they were last fertilized? What did you do to remediate over feeding? You're doing just fine.

Lyla252628

Lyla252628

I had mentioned n for nitrogen or a p-, a shortage of phosphorous.
Since you say you over fertilized, I think you are looking at slight damage from that.
Aside from that fertilizer being packaged for bulbs I think it should work although I have never used it. You are correct in being slow and cautious with use of fertilizers.
Lots of farmers advise us to use 1/2 of the recommended dose age.
How long since they were last fertilized? What did you do to remediate over feeding? You're doing just fine.
That initial fertilization with the Sta-Green bulb food was only a few weeks into veg.. Approx 2 months back. I'll attach a pic from when I burnt all 3. Once I realized what I had done wrong, I flushed like a mad woman, but it was too late for one..

Since, I stayed far away from any type of nutes until just 2 weeks ago when I mixed a little Organic Fertilizer that boasted "Wont Burn Plants" That is when the yellow burnt looking tips showed.. They have not increased since so I'm not worried this far into things. The reason I asked about this Sta-Green Bulb food is because I am wondering if I should have used just a bit (1/2 as you suggested) at THIS stage of Flowering to kick bud production into full capacity, rather than when I did previously which was just due to lack of knowledge... Thoughts??

IMG 9116
IMG 9395
BudBogart

BudBogart

That initial fertilization with the Sta-Green bulb food was only a few weeks into veg.. Approx 2 months back. I'll attach a pic from when I burnt all 3. Once I realized what I had done wrong, I flushed like a mad woman, but it was too late for one..

Since, I stayed far away from any type of nutes until just 2 weeks ago when I mixed a little Organic Fertilizer that boasted "Wont Burn Plants" That is when the yellow burnt looking tips showed.. They have not increased since so I'm not worried this far into things. The reason I asked about this Sta-Green Bulb food is because I am wondering if I should have used just a bit (1/2 as you suggested) at THIS stage of Flowering to kick bud production into full capacity, rather than when I did previously which was just due to lack of knowledge... Thoughts??

Do you have drain holes in the pots?

On the organic fertilizer that won't burn, do you remember the NPK?
This plant from two months ago looks pretty bad. Is it the one that didn't make it or is recovered?

Adequate drainage is important to allow the residual stuff in the fertilizers to move down with the water and not build up in the soil.

Lyla252628

Lyla252628

This plant from two months ago looks pretty bad. Is it the one that didn't make it or is recovered?

Adequate drainage is important to allow the residual stuff in the fertilizers to move down with the water and not build up in the soil.

This one survived, its the Larger of the two survivors. Affirmative on the adequate drainage. I Drilled about 15, (1/2) Inch holes spread out on the bottom of each bucket. Next I poured in 2 inches of River rock/gravel. Then my Miracle Grow Potting soil & Peat/Nute mix.

Lyla252628

Lyla252628

Laments terms on the "NPK"?? Does this in any way relate to the number sequence on the bottom of these fertilizerbags?

BudBogart

BudBogart

Laments terms on the "NPK"?? Does this in any way relate to the number sequence on the bottom of these fertilizerbags?
Yes, NPK 4-10-10 , nitrogen @ 4 percent, phosphorus @ 10 percent and potassium 10 percent. Good you have drain holes.
Learning that you used miracle grow soil tells that the soil had plenty of nutrients to feed the plant for 3 months or so because it has slow release fertilizers already in it.

Lyla252628

Lyla252628

Yes, NPK 4-10-10 , nitrogen @ 4 percent, phosphorus @ 10 percent and potassium 10 percent. Good you have drain holes.
Learning that you used miracle grow soil tells that the soil had plenty of nutrients to feed the plant for 3 months or so because it has slow release fertilizers already in it.
I'm still weary on giving them anything right now. I'd be heartbroken if all my hard work went to hell now because I overfed them again. Can you give me your opinion on my pruning job from yesterday??
How does my Pruning job look??

Lyla252628

Lyla252628

Should I cut all these little inner growths from the bottom branches as well to thin out my plants?? Here's a couple pictures of what I'm referring to.

BudBogart

BudBogart

Should I cut all these little inner growths from the bottom branches as well to thin out my plants?? Here's a couple pictures of what I'm referring to.
I think that's a great job trimming. Those little inner growth at the bottom will not produce good bud and can be removed.
The latest pics looks like the plants are doing well. Good job!

Latest posts

Top Bottom