Need some help getting to the bottom of this.

• Thread starter Naturalx
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Naturalx

Naturalx

Hello,

I seem to encounter this issue to some degree almost every grow on at least one plant. Sometimes more severe then others. It’s happened in coco with bottled nutes as well as coco with organic, and now in promix with Gaia green, earth worm castings, bat guano, and dolomite lime. I also add Epsom salt to my water because I initially thought this was a magnesium issue.

forth week of flower, leaves are yellowing, and some are crisping on the edges. Using an optic slim 600h at 75% power.

due to organic I’m not sure if it’s phosphorus, magnesium or what the exact issue is. But I definitely find it is effecting bud growth, as the buds aren’t getting very big on this plant or the other affected in the same way.

Need some help getting to the bottom of this
Noise.Boy

Noise.Boy

I am not an indoor grower, so please take this with a grain of salt, this looks like a ph issue, leaf symptoms look very much like a zinc deficiency, which often occurs when Ph at roots is too high.

Flush system with clean Ph'd water, this will remove whatever it is that is effecting the uptake of zinc and help get your Ph back in line.

Don't be tempted to add more zinc, don't over water ..... wait. You should know more once new leaves start to appear.

Good luck.

Naturalx

Naturalx

I am not an indoor grower, so please take this with a grain of salt, this looks like a ph issue, leaf symptoms look very much like a zinc deficiency, which often occurs when Ph at roots is too high.

Flush system with clean Ph'd water, this will remove whatever it is that is effecting the uptake of zinc and help get your Ph back in line.

Don't be tempted to add more zinc, don't over water ..... wait. You should know more once new leaves start to appear.

Good luck.
Ph is around 7.8 never any higher, but I’ll lower it and water with that when it’s due.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Good luck.
Good call man.

Naturalx

Naturalx

Well there is your problem. Ph in soil 6.2-6.8, coco 5.8-6.2, hydro 5.6-6.0
I’ve always been told that with organic, you don’t need to worry because the microbial life will always adjust the ph, same with for organic compost teas, but I could be wrong. Someone in the same city as me does not adjust ph, same water, no issues. But I will go back to adjusting and see what kind of difference we’re looking at.

originally when I first grew and had fheE issues, I always adjusted ph as well. But some deficiencies look similar to others and maybe back then it was it’s own issue.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I’ve always been told that with organic, you don’t need to worry because the microbial life will always adjust the ph, same with for organic compost teas, but I could be wrong. Someone in the same city as me does not adjust ph, same water, no issues. But I will go back to adjusting and see what kind of difference we’re looking at.

originally when I first grew and had fheE issues, I always adjusted ph as well. But some deficiencies look similar to others and maybe back then it was it’s own issue.
They will but only so much. You need to check the ph of the soil before you start growing in it. You can ph the feed but the soil is just gonna bring the ph up to the soil pH.

Naturalx

Naturalx

Checked the ph of my run off after hitting my plants with water at around 6.2 and the run off was still in the 7-7.3 area So I definitely think ph has been an issue. Hopefully it doesn’t completely ruin the yield of these plants. They have 3-5 weeks left.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I made the mistake of adding Dolomite to a promix blend once and I had the same high ph issue and I had a bad run with it; recommend never adding Dolomite to a peat based medium that already has Dolomite in it

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Once the ph is set better I’m sure it will return you some top buds it’s just going to take a little longer . Od .

Naturalx

Naturalx

I made the mistake of adding Dolomite to a promix blend once and I had the same high ph issue and I had a bad run with it; recommend never adding Dolomite to a peat based medium that already has Dolomite in it
That’s exactly the issue I’m having and I even top dressed because I thought it was a magnesium issue. RIP. It’s my last run with promix though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom