Need some help im coco

• Thread starter NewGrowerer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
NewGrowerer

NewGrowerer

New to growing. Here is some info and pictures

Transplanted December 15th into 3 gallon bucket from solo cup.
Nutrients: canna coco
Last feed Dec 26th at 5:00pm

Ppm 1120
Ec forgot to record
Ph 5.8
Temp 67
Feed 300ml each plant
Room temp 78f ish
Humidity 70% ish

Had issues from transplant. I was over watering. So I stopped and 2 days after they looked amazing. Om the 26th they started to look hungry so I feed again. And they now look like this again. Slow growth, leafs discolored. I though it was my EC. Last EC feeding recorded was 0.2.

I am at a loss with whats going on.

Thank you everyone for help.

Last edited:
Bbonez

Bbonez

I was over watering. So I stopped and 2 days after they looked amazing.

Are you sure you were over watering? How frequently are you giving them 300 ML? Here is a good read on watering coco. What percentage of perlite did you mix in with the coco?

NewGrowerer

NewGrowerer

Mother earth 70/30

Prior to the 26th feeding I was watering in the frequency of 2 days. After a week of doing that, it was not getting any better. I stopped and waited almost 6-7 days and feed (the 26th). That why I say I believe I was overwater (the frequency not amount)

Are you sure you were over watering? How frequently are you giving them 300 ML? Here is a good read on watering coco. What percentage of perlite did you mix in with the coco?

Last edited:
JSH1973

JSH1973

Supporter
If you over watered your coco there is something wrong with your drainage, it is much more likely that you under watered, water to 20% run off in Coco every single time, only very experienced growers get away with less than that really

NewGrowerer

NewGrowerer

If you over watered your coco there is something wrong with your drainage, it is much more likely that you under watered, water to 20% run off in Coco every single time, only very experienced growers get away with less than that really

I thought that I also had a drain issue, I check and no issue. Just to be safe I readjusted some stuff for no reason lol. No water in the buckets. I checked.

NewGrowerer

NewGrowerer

Not sure if this could be an issue, I built a sealed room built. I painted the room white. I notice that all over the pvc lines and even in my mini split air condition filter there is white dust Particles all over the place. I washed the filter and I wiped all the PVC piping down. Move in time was a month or so after painting. Could stuff just now be settling and moving around. Is this an issue?

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Not sure if this could be an issue, I built a sealed room built. I painted the room white. I notice that all over the pvc lines and even in my mini split air condition filter there is white dust Particles all over the place. I washed the filter and I wiped all the PVC piping down. Move in time was a month or so after painting. Could stuff just now be settling and moving around. Is this an issue?
Paint particles? Ya that’s an issue. White powdery mildew? Yeah that would be an issue as well. What’s the white stuff? It’s nearly impossible to overwater in coco. I’m watering 2 times a day right now and I’m on day 7 of flower.. you should be feeding every watering.

NewGrowerer

NewGrowerer

Paint particles? Ya that’s an issue. White powdery mildew? Yeah that would be an issue as well. What’s the white stuff? It’s nearly impossible to overwater in coco. I’m watering 2 times a day right now and I’m on day 7 of flower.. you should be feeding every watering.

It's not mildew at all its more like dust. Not sure how because I painted and cleaned and then a month later moved every thing inside the room. I'm just going to white everything down again and see what happens.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
It's not mildew at all its more like dust. Not sure how because I painted and cleaned and then a month later moved every thing inside the room. I'm just going to white everything down again and see what happens.
Understanding. My next question is...are you running a humidifier? And if you are, are you using RO water for the humidifier?

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Yes I am running one, and no RO. Just regular tap water.
There’s your issue. It’s the residue from the tap water being ran through your humidifier. If you can run RO water or distilled water and that white powder stuff will disappear.

NewGrowerer

NewGrowerer

There’s your issue. It’s the residue from the tap water being ran through your humidifier. If you can run RO water or distilled water and that white powder stuff will disappear.

Can't run ro, but I have a tall one filter. Will that work? Why would this cause this?

imnice

imnice

0,2 ec thats my tap water before any nutes are added so i would suggest feeding them, what i can never get across to people who hand water and in individual pots is watering, when and how, ok wait for plant to need watering and pick the whole plant and pot up and notice/remember how light the thing is, then water and do the same, it's not rocket science, light-heavy, when light water, when heavy don't.
Imnice

imnice

imnice

i never water until run off, ever, never had, never will, only been growing in coco past 10+ years constantly though, lol.
imnice

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

That's because your using tap water in your humidifier.... am I right?

OP you are not watering enough volume or frequency wise. Always water with nutrients.

I encourage you to read this carefully and then try it. You will likely need to flush thT media.

COCO IS NOT SOIL. Your wasting the benefits of it treating it like soil.

i never water until run off, ever, never had, never will, only been growing in coco past 10+ years constantly though, lol.
imnice
You using organic nutrients? If so I wouldn't water to runoff either. If not then you have your nutrients dialed in well for your conditions.

Latest posts

Top Bottom