Need some help im coco

• Thread starter NewGrowerer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

The link to read OP. If not for you not much else I can say but you will likely continue to have issues.

NewGrowerer

NewGrowerer

That's because your using tap water in your humidifier.... am I right?

Yes I am. Should I use filtered water?

OP you are not watering enough volume or frequency wise. Always water with nutrients.

I encourage you to read this carefully and then try it. You will likely need to flush thT media

I read the article last night. So in 3 gallon buckets I should be feed around 700ml each time. So to test, I feed that to a plant and I I zero run off. I feed another 750ml and then I got run off. Shouls I flush all the plants with Ph water, or just feed them and get the run off needed?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yes I am. Should I use filtered water?

I read the article last night. So in 3 gallon buckets I should be feed around 700ml each time. So to test, I feed that to a plant and I I zero run off. I feed another 750ml and then I got run off. Shouls I flush all the plants with Ph water, or just feed them and get the run off needed?
Yes use RO or distilled water in the humidifier.

So what i would suggest is. Mixing 400ppm nutrient solution and run 3 gal of it through each pot first thing after lights on. Then go back and feel 750ml half way through lights on and see how much runoff you get. If you get enough then you know you need to water at lights kn and halfway through the lights on. If you don't get enough feed more until you get runoff and the next day try 3 feeds at 750ml of 600-800ppm nutrient solution and see if you get the runoff.

The 3 gal flush will help rebalance the media and then just carry on feeding 750ml of nutrient solution each feed as many times a day as it takes to get that 10% runoff each time.

NewGrowerer

NewGrowerer

Yes use RO or distilled water in the humidifier.

So what i would suggest is. Mixing 400ppm nutrient solution and run 3 gal of it through each pot first thing after lights on. Then go back and feel 750ml half way through lights on and see how much runoff you get. If you get enough then you know you need to water at lights kn and halfway through the lights on. If you don't get enough feed more until you get runoff and the next day try 3 feeds at 750ml of 600-800ppm nutrient solution and see if you get the runoff.

The 3 gal flush will help rebalance the media and then just carry on feeding 750ml of nutrient solution each feed as many times a day as it takes to get that 10% runoff each time.

At 400ppm what should my EC be at?

And that's what I did last night. I watered 750ml and got nothing, so I immediately gave another 750ml and got some. But I will do the flush first and then half way water and see what I get.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

At 400ppm what should my EC be at?

And that's what I did last night. I watered 750ml and got nothing, so I immediately gave another 750ml and got some. But I will do the flush first and then half way water and see what I get.
EC would be 0.8 its a light feed flush. Then go back to 600-800 at 750ml per event.

Ph AND temp adjust the nutrient solution.

Temps 75-80f and RH somewhere 50-60% should serve you well.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Would it be okay if I used filtered water from the tall boy filter?
You can use any water.... but if it has minerals you will get that powder on everything in the room. You want to use water with the lowest ppm possible so if that filter lowers the ppm then its better than just tap.

It will definitely help but I have never used em so I can't say how much it will reduce the ppm

NewGrowerer

NewGrowerer

EC would be 0.8 its a light feed flush. Then go back to 600-800 at 750ml per event.

Temps 75-80f and RH somewhere 50-60% should serve you well.

Ok i keep water temp around 68f. That's good?

And Temps 75-80F and RH 50-60% you are talking about room condition correct? Wonder if that's my issue then I have my room RH pretty high right now

NewGrowerer

NewGrowerer

You can use any water.... but if it has minerals you will get that powder on everything in the room. You want to use water with the lowest ppm possible so if that filter lowers the ppm then its better than just tap.

It will definitely help but I have never used em so I can't say how much it will reduce the ppm

It doesn't really lower the ppm much. Just filtered the chlorine out

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Ok i keep water temp around 68f. That's good?

And Temps 75-80F and RH 50-60% you are talking about room condition correct? Wonder if that's my issue then I have my room RH pretty high right now
Whats your RH? Now? It can absolutely affect nutrient uptake.

Bbonez

Bbonez

What's the best way to get the temp up on the nutrient mix? I make my mixture then run the pump and let it circulate in the tub, that brings the temp up but it's too slow. Normally it starts around 62 and I water at 65 or 66 (about a half hour of waiting.)

NewGrowerer

NewGrowerer

Whats your RH? Now? It can absolutely affect nutrient uptake.

Room temp was 75-80, RH was around 65-71 (highest) % .. I was trying to follow the VPD chart and taking leaf Temps also lol

I was following this chart. That why I kept my RH higher because it says to for early veg along with taking leaf temps.

963d5380e684de1a59fa9fe272c331a3b908422d
NewGrowerer

NewGrowerer

What's the best way to get the temp up on the nutrient mix? I make my mixture then run the pump and let it circulate in the tub, that brings the temp up but it's too slow. Normally it starts around 62 and I water at 65 or 66 (about a half hour of waiting.)

I bought a fish tank water heater. Works pretty damn good

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Room temp was 75-80, RH was around 65-71 (highest) % .. I was trying to follow the VPD chart and taking leaf Temps also lol
These guys will be good aboit 0.8 - 1 KPA about now. Think your a bit to humid bit I don't think so much as to affect the plants like this. Your not far off.

NewGrowerer

NewGrowerer

These guys will be good aboit 0.8 - 1 KPA about now. Think your a bit to humid bit I don't think so much as to affect the plants like this. Your not far off.

Ok so I just lowered my humidity settings to 55-60% and room temp is 77F.

What about c02. What should I have that at?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I have like 10 aquarium heaters kicking around so that what I used to use and what I gave my buddy for his res. Just get the fully submersible ones and lay em on the bottom so they never go dry.

Top Bottom