Need Some Help With A Diagnosis

• Thread starter OGIBar
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
O

OGIBar

Hey all, first off, this is my very first grow. I'll be honest and say that I got clones from strain bank- OGKush. I didn't know this strain or any other but u feel a tad more educated now. I'm in week 5 of flower. I had a rocky start as I put the close which I fed didn't have any well established roots, I didn't pay attention to ph or nutrients used miracle grow soil. Bathtub job no great light for the early stages. I went to a hydro shop and he told me to get se light so I got a 450watt t5 40k lumens. I also bought some 1 gal pots and blackmajic soil. Things looked better! Prior to transplanting to 1 gal in new soil it was slow grow and frustrating.

Now fast forward to another 4 weeks in veg things got even better. Still no nutrients added really except for a 14 14 14 veggie fert. time release.
1 week into flower (12 12 light)
I went back to my guy and he gave me soil A/B. Prescribed 6ml per gal at first.
Things got better! I also raised the plants closer to the light. I saw my plant's stretch abit. Fast forward to now, week 5 in flower, I have the latest pic. I'm struggling with a kinda off and on leaf claw/ curl thing. I do have some signs of tox but I feel I have been diligent to make sure I didn't over water, over feed or overheat etc.
The plants are in my office (I do t use it for anything other than grow so the lighting is stable. Snice the transplant I was good with 6ph water. The room low os 61 or 62 and high is 77 to 80 and 40 to 50 rh.

At first signs of the curling I waited 3 days and flushed with 6.2 water no nutes. That was 2 days ago.

Anyhow this is what I got. Any lashings will be taken graciously...for commiting my grow sins...:)

Need some help with a diagnosis
iKharon

iKharon

Good example of a dedicated and learning grower. Keep it up! Stay on the farm and keep learning. Stuff will sink in and click and you'll have your own routine and process. :) happy growing!

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Hey all, first off, this is my very first grow. I'll be honest and say that I got clones from strain bank- OGKush. I didn't know this strain or any other but u feel a tad more educated now. I'm in week 5 of flower. I had a rocky start as I put the close which I fed didn't have any well established roots, I didn't pay attention to ph or nutrients used miracle grow soil. Bathtub job no great light for the early stages. I went to a hydro shop and he told me to get se light so I got a 450watt t5 40k lumens. I also bought some 1 gal pots and blackmajic soil. Things looked better! Prior to transplanting to 1 gal in new soil it was slow grow and frustrating.

Now fast forward to another 4 weeks in veg things got even better. Still no nutrients added really except for a 14 14 14 veggie fert. time release.
Things got better! I also raised the plants closer to the light. I saw my plant's stretch abit. Fast forward to now, week 5 in flower, I have the latest pic. I'm struggling with a kinda off and on leaf claw/ curl thing. I do have some signs of tox but I feel I have been diligent to make sure I didn't over water, over feed or overheat etc.
The plants are in my office (I do t use it for anything other than grow so the lighting is stable. Snice the transplant I was good with 6ph water. The room low os 61 or 62 and high is 77 to 80 and 40 to 50 rh.

At first signs of the curling I waited 3 days and flushed with 6.2 water no nutes. That was 2 days ago.

Anyhow this is what I got. Any lashings will be taken graciously...for commiting my grow sins...:)
take a picture of the top of the plant... You have never gave it any p/k? This is soil right? Raise your ph to about 6.5...
That is a hugh swing in temps from 61 to 80... With that t5 you should be able to get down to 75 with lights on... and you really need to get your night time temps up t0 65 but it will still grow at 62... hope that helps...

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

That's a huge temp swing. Veg lights on is ideal from 80-85 with VDP in place. Lights off should be about 5-10* tops lower than on temps.

With low temps, the plant won't grow as it normally would with warmer temps.

JMcG

JMcG

Listen closely to the three farmers above.... there are also a few other key contributors here, but these guys are good stuff!

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

That's a huge temp swing. Veg lights on is ideal from 80-85 with VDP in place. Lights off should be about 5-10* tops lower than on temps.

With low temps, the plant won't grow as it normally would with warmer temps.
im an oddball lol,,, my daytime temps are 72-75 and 63% rh, and night time is 77 at 55%Rh

S

Sugarbooger

The purple stalks look like a mag deficiency and down on the lower right center it looks like maybe some of the leave tips are hooking to the side? Which would be a calcium deficiency. Yellowing of interveinal spaces (followed by Brown spotting) is definitely potassium, I don't see it in the picture but a phosphorus deficiency shows as a reddish purpling of the leaf margins and interveinal spaces and both of these would make sense during the budswell phase. Also to much n in flower causes the leaf tips to do that. Flushing was the right thing to do if it is nitrogen excess. Maybe let her use up the nitrogen and feed a p-k supp, definitely cal mag and a sweetener. Probably some microbes too.

S

Sugarbooger

a sweetener?

welcome to the farm. lots to learn on your first grow.. im making every mistake possible. heh.

rock on,
chris.
Like a sulfur product. When a plant starts flowering they divert sugars from root building to flower production. Those last few weeks are her last chance to push sugar into the flowers so her seeds (which would normally be there) have the best chance of survival. Sweetener=carbohydrates since you probably need calcium and will probably get that from a cal mag product, you could use molasses or a carb product without calcium so the calcium doesn't take to much of the ppm. I usually switch from cal mag which i use all the way thru the grow to cal sulfur about week 4 of flower.

S

Sugarbooger

a sweetener?

welcome to the farm. lots to learn on your first grow.. im making every mistake possible. heh.

rock on,
chris.
And thank you I'm enjoying myself, and I've heard it said that one's 3rd grow is their first grow. Don't get down on it because of mistakes (for lack of a better word), I get a kind of satisfaction dealing with deficiencies now because they don't happen as often and i feel wiser for having correcting them. You've done a fine job for your first grow in my humble opinion. Thanks for letting me see and talk about it

Dunge

Dunge

From the one pic, every one of your plants has a history of re-veg.
Single blade leaf and thicket like growth.
So I conclude your biggest problem started long ago.
Keep us up to date, and let's see you get another round started.

O

OGIBar

Shoot! I was just going to snap a new pic today but they were already in bed!
Ok, so I know I'm behind the 8 ball here on time and yield is going to be low, but at this point, week 6 approximately what can I do to give them a boost? I have flushed 2 times now, giving them 6.5 water. Previous to flushing I added more soIL which has the pot ash, worm castings and guano and I'm hoping this will flush down into the root system. Not sure what I should feed them next week?
Soil A/B, or just p/k or what.
I also wondered about the purplish color of the stems and streaks in the stalks.
Need a game plan for next feeding. I feel like I'm catching things before they get out of hand but I need to maximize the time left
Tic toc! I believe I have another month or so, I think I marked my calandar for June sometime. That would be 70+ days in flower for the og kush strain. So I have read here...

Keep the posts coming!

S

Sugarbooger

Can you post a link to the nutes your using or tell me the percentages of the macros and micros present in each? Also do you have a ppm tester?

O

OGIBar

I don't have a ppm tester. Was looking for one recently like a combo ph, ppm/tdc waterproof deal. $$$

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Go in you "office" with grow lights out and outside lights on sun out etc, if you can see any light at all in your grow room the you have light leaks. Light leaks = reveg, funny one leaf grow patterns, and beans and nanners

Smerb

Smerb

Nice, you have a great deal of info logged for yourself. That's focking awesome. That little monster on the left looks wild. Your growing and learning always, keep growing , I bet your next grow will be nice. Right on.

O

OGIBar

Go in you "office" with grow lights out and outside lights on sun out etc, if you can see any light at all in your grow room the you have light leaks. Light leaks = reveg, funny one leaf grow patterns, and beans and nanners

Iay have very brief light leaks but it's much less than moonlight. It's dark in there and light's are out at 6:40 or so and sundown is 725. So might have w0 mins of a little.light leak. I have a blackout over the window but still some gets through.

What's a nanner, beans? How much light will trigger reveg?

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
A pinhole of light will trigger the female plant to grow male flowers(nanners) and seed(bean) your crop. Photo period plants need 12 hours of complete darkness to stay flowering and happy, your plants look as if they have tried to or completely re vegged at some point, hence the single leaves shooting off of the center stalk.
Plug up the light leaks with cardboard and tape complely and they will be much happier.

Latest posts

Top Bottom