need some help with curing

• Thread starter high henry
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

high henry

Hi fellow farmers, I need some help with curing. Iam a newby,!st. time out. I had saved some seeds (strain unknown)from some mucho excellante erb I got from a buddy. With some research I think my girls are a Sativa Hybred type. Plants grew very large (7 feet) and stopped growing when flowing began in early August. I harvested between 10/1 and 10/24. Before I cut the aroma was very strong with lots of white trics.. I dryed for 7 days in my attic until the stems dryed to a point where I could snap them. I put them in paper bags for another week and now there in Mason jars. My concern is the aroma is zippo now, did I do something wrong with the process . I manacured all fan leaves, any that could be snipped with a stem on it and I left the rest of the leaves on. Need some PRO advice if this is normal. Looking forward to very stoned winter.
Thanks for all the help from fellow farmers.
Iam looking forward to what I have learned 1st. time out to get better 2nd. grow in spring. High Henry

M

monkey5

Premium Member
Supporter
high henrey, So what are you high on? Lol Check out the thread above. Take at look at the link! Wish i could just get it & bring it over here! Any way that link will help you next time! monkey5

Papa

Papa

Supporter
. . . and it magically gets moved, monkey5.

your link is now post #2 of this thread.

Papa

H

high henry

Thanks Monkey5 and papa , I had no idea its this involved to reap what you sow. Sure am glad I found this sight. grow #2 should go alot better with little to no quess work.

O

OldSchool

Welcome aboard, Glad UR here

Hello High Henery
I hate that when this happens, to get it make soft and stay soft & smell nevern is the same again. Iam not an expert (here to learn& share) but expierience does follow. Sound to me U dried it to long,this happen to me in the pass. I found water curing is best alternative at this point, U wont get the smell back but mainly the harsh cough that contributed being too dried out, (please handle them carefully) plus less time to cure with this method (This forum does have).) I also use this if I have a mite issue(not often) at the last weeks of flowering.
There are all different ways to curing, If I air dry, I wait until the almost ready to snaps off, but U can still feel alittle bit of moisture left, place them in air tight mason jars, place them in a dark place(mold) couple times aday,exchanged the air. This also depends on UR Humidity in UR area, Iam very dry here, I have to place mine in jars sooner. Air circulation is very imortant too. Not a paper bag fan, drys to fast,taste alittle different too, could be strain. (There are people more knowledgeable on curing then Iam on these forums)

U have to find what work best for "U" Example would be like, nutrients or lights,meduim used, or ballast,etc. U will hear people stating how wonderful this or that product is, & that is great, that means they have found a great combo that works for them, & ususally that comes from experience and reading & research. Does not mean U will have same results, alot of factors are involved, humitiy, lighting,water & alot to do with "STRAIN", etc. (I researched E-Ballast for 1&1/2 yrs before final decision) Were here with one goal (at least Iam) to produce the best we can. Hope U get this resolved. I gotta go, supposed to cleaning back yard.
Peace.

M

monkey5

Premium Member
Supporter
high henry, If, you follow that link i posted up for you ...you will be very pleased! Enjoy!monkey5

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
maybe you over dried them bro - once the stems snap a little I go to jars - if after being in jar for half a day it seems to wet then Ill use a paper bag for a day or so

not sure how warm your attic was, but 2 weeks of drying seems like too much, maybe youll get some smell back after they been in the jars for a bit

M

monkey5

Premium Member
Supporter
lollipopman, Your very welcome brother! They work like a dream! Perfect cure every time! Just follow the directions! monkey5

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
those are cool - amazon has em for 18 bux if you dont want to ebay - i fucking hate paypal

O

OldSchool

Helpful Members

Hey, High Henery
See what I mean. pretty good group here.
How did things work out for U??

Peace

stanknugzz77

stanknugzz77

Thanks for the info motherlode... fuck paypal. That shit looks cool and I hate anything, but good solid results. I will definitely hit up a few.

-nugzz

H

high henry

Hey Rodney, Old school, I have em in jars with apple slices to moisten em up. It works. The smell is slowly returning. The 1st. pick is smokable now and the buzz not bad. Myself being a newbe I think I picked to early. I put the buds in jars when they were still moist. I grow outside so I need a strain that finishes by October. I have some beans from this grow and will try them again ,only this time I will let em go till Novenber. Hey you know a good sight to get seeds from. High High Henry

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Be careful with the apple slices, and check at least twice a day for any signs of mold!

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

There is always danger in re-hydrating your buds, but I DEFINITELY would NOT use fruit. Although you can "flavor" your buds with this method, there could be mold/mildew spores on the fruit or present on the buds- re-hydrating will cause the mold/fungus to mainfest and contaminate the buds. Tobacco shops sell small discs used to keep cigars fresh- go pick one up for about $1. Safer than fruit.
I never re-hydrate my buds for patients, due to the possibility of mold. Sometimes I use one of those discs on my personal stash. If my patients' bud gets too dry, I just use it for oil/hash...

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I do things a little differently than most, because I tend to break things and don't want a shitload of fucking Mason jars all over the place. So, once all is dried and cured, it stays in paper bags in a plastic bin in the basement til I'm ready to smoke. Now that I have a vacuum sealer, I'm going to try sealing some up once it's done and see how that goes. Otherwise, I've just lost way too much bud from doing the jar route. I mean, who the hell wants to spend an hour each day lifting the lids of dozens and dozens of jars? Also, I've lost a LOT of bud trying to rehydrate in the jars, quite a lot. The worst thing about it is the the mold looks like cloudy trichs, until you scope it and see it's fucking MOLD.

Humidifier in a small room works great, much easier to control for me.

C

c4NN4daze

Cannabionoids...

Good post farm heads, I have not read the link for this discussion yet but will. In the mean time here are some words of wisdom from you're dude. Mason jars go back for as long as I know. It's the best method by far in my book. Do it right though people. A good "cure" can take as long as a month. It's about patience that some people neglect. I let my meds dry out (hanging in a closet size space)for a good week. Like it was said until the stems can snap. Throw them in a paper bag and check everyday! I wait until they get ever so slightly crisp and then, I toss them in a sanitized jar that has been sitting in boiling water , and get that lid on! As the mason jar cools, it self seals. Open one or two jars in a couple days just to see and smell you're hard work. Remember, do it right the first time... you need too, otherwise you will have too much trial and error under you're belt and things might get overlooked and missed. Remember this as well, the "curing process" is the last step in helping the cannabinoids reach they're FULL potential farmers!!!! Much love and Happy Harvests, CD:pimp:

B

BuzzBee007

Hi hope this helps

Hi here is what you want to do . You need to dry your
herb untill it looks dry but you see there is still mosture in
the bud stems it even looks a different colour if you look close the wet looks greenish and the stems that look grayish are ready for further procecing.You take your buds that look allmost dry crispy to touch but still mosture in the stems it takes from 3 to 5 days 4 on average if you have normal room temps if you dry it for to long it starts to mold sort of and the flavs drop either if its to hot or cold it sucks if you open dry it to long.
You then take your buds that have dryed for 3 to 4 days and put them in a bag seal it up and wait youll think
the buds are dry but they will get moist again when the
moisture comes back you can titan your buds by squesing them in the bag it hardins them up it works well, if you got alot of shit little buds, when you do this procedjure it makes them look nice aswell.You allso said your doing outdoor i prosume and Outdoor loses its
apeal quick its hard to keep the flavs in outdoor weed.It all tastes the same after a while if your growing outdoor unless you have sertan strains like mango or super skunk
but alot are shit outdoors compared to indoors in flaver iam talking. When it grown outdoors it loses its flav quick.
So once youve got your buds back to moist it usually takes about 6 hours or so, then squeeze them a bit in the bag take them out and dry once more they will dry proper now and you can seal them in a jar so they dont degrade anymore and put them in the freazer. I like to leave a bit of moisture maybe 2 to 3 percent before
freezing.I hope this helps sorry about my spelling i was to busy getting high instead of going to english class.

H

high henry

Hey Buzz, sounds like you have done this a few times. I like easy, the more complicated the more Ill buy from a buddy. You give me the itch to start an indoor grow. I think we went to school together brother. Party in the back of school over english class. My best buds are in jars for 3 weeks now, there starting to loose that green smell, so my winter might be a high one. High High Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom