need some help with curing

• Thread starter high henry
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

bastard_x

I use a technique that i call the sticky test. first harvest them flowers then trim them up nice. dont leave large stems on the flowers because thats what takes the longest to dry. I lay them on a large tray (rubbermaid lid) or cardboard box on top the fridge for two to three days checking them periodically i pinch a nugget to see of it feels crispy on the edges but heres the sticky part, pinch between your index and thumb if its not too dry it will stick to your index finger and defy gravity for a few seconds . at this point if you try to smoke it it will be like steam/smoke and wont burn very well.
Now place it in a jar for 1 day then open and check them , they should feel damp again because overnight the moisture soaked from the stems out to the flowers again if its a small amount you can just open the jar for another day or so or lay them back out on the top of the fridge for a few hours doing the sticky test again. Heres my fav part - pack a bowl and see if it burns well .... If so you have finished drying and are ready to cure. Seal the jar then leave it for 2 weeks , then open the jar so it can breathe and close it back up for another couple weeks if you can wait that long..I cant ever make it past the second week cause once i smell it i lose my patience..lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom