need subcools super soil recipe PLEASE!!!!

• Thread starter wpg_breeder
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Subby’s Super Soil

8- Large bags of High quality Organic potting soil with a coco and Mycorrhizae
1- 25-50 pounds of Organic Worm castings
5# Steamed Bone meal
5# Bloom bat Guano
5# Blood meal
3# Rock Phoshate
¾ cup Epson salts
½ cup Sweet Lime ( Dolimite)
½ Cup Azomite ( Trace Elements)
2- TBS Powdered Humic Acid

Tweaked Moonshine mix

"Lookin good....the mix is super simple...you can use it from seed to flower it just doesnt need the dry ferts (peace of mind) early on.....Watering is the Key to this mix...overwater and youll see all sorts of weird "nute def" poppin up....let it dry completely and the probs disappear......the Current mix goes a lil sumthin like this...
(bag of each)
Ocean Forest
Planting Mix (guano/castings)
Light Warrior
Black Gold
Coco Brick(small brick)
1 cup peace of mind (for flower)
2- 5 gal buckets worth of perilite....
And the LARGE Chunky Perilite...RULES....small perilite packs down over time ...the large perilite creates huge air pockets for the roots to grow through....over the last 3 yrs anytime I have gone back to the small diameter perilite my plants SUFFER and yeilds diminish.....You have to try the stuff to understand and even then you may not comprehend (like me) the benefits the large core peri makes.....great stuff....
Romulator has been usin my mix for a couple of yrs now and he is like me always tinkering and tweakin the mix...but in the end its the core 3 bag fox farm mix that makes this shit work....
my only "additives" Id tell anyone to try would be "Fish Mix" from biobizz for a lil boost in veg and Advanced Nutes "Moter Earth Super Tea" for a lil boost on day 25-30 for LARGE plants ......But honestly the mix dont need nuthin....
Keep up the good work....."
Moonshine

Tex

S

southernstoner

6 bags roots organic potting soil
25 lbs worm castings
1/2 cup azomite trace minerals
2/3 cup dolomite lime
2.2 lb bag of bone meal
2.2 lb bag of blood meal
2.2 lb fruit bat guano
3/4 cup epsom salt
says the coco and pearlite he already had so he didnt list the amounts but i have read he uses 20% pearlite

K

koopa troopa

the tweaked MM mix has been updated.

1 Bag OF
1/2 Bag LW
1/2 Bag PM
no coco
perlite, dolomite lime, and POM is the same

the point was to make it less hot...

M

Mr Green

koopa how much of the dolomite lime do you use... also who makes it and best place to get it..

W

wpg_breeder

wicked thanks for all the input tex, koop, n southern!

K

koopa troopa

i think i got sunleaves dolomite at my hydro store for $10-15 at 1 tablespoon/gal.

O

Ouroboros

the newest issue of High Times has an article about Subcool's soil mix w/ pics and such

S

Slick

Subcool has added to a great thread on his whole process, it's a great read and worth checking out. I hope it's what you are looking for.

Edit: Typo's

nuttso

nuttso

damn, definatly gonna give this a try. Got an other question. I remember reading somewhere that an organic recipe and teas won't never catch the resin as a full fert like AN or CANNA. Is it true, or is the potency the same? I'm sure it tastes alot better.

G

greenplanetguru

Subcool's latest 'tweak' to the Supersoil Recipe...

Hi,

I've recently gotten into using Subcool's Supersoil mix and did a lot of reading in all the threads I could find on a half dozen different forums. Subby seems to hang his hat over on Breedbay and after asking him some questions here is the latest revised Supersoil recipe as of a post on August 7th when Subcool mentioned he was increasing the amount of dolomite lime and Rock Phosphates.

Here is the Latest Revision and the breakdown for some smaller batches to be mixed up...

Disclaimer: I'm a hard core pot head and math was never my strongest subject so DOUBLE CHECK the math in smaller recipes before you mix it up and discover my math was unduly influenced by THC...:thinking

Happy Growing!:character0103:

Subcool Super Soil

-> Full Batch (12 cubic feet)

8- Large bags (1.5 cubic ft. ea) High quality Organic soil with Mycorrhizae
(i.e. Roots Organic)

25-50 lbs. Organic Worm castings
5 lbs. Steamed Bone Meal
5 lbs. Bloom Bat Guano (Fruit Bat – High P)
5 lbs. Blood Meal
3 lbs. Rock Phoshates
¾ Cup Epsom Salts
1 Cup Sweet Lime (Powdered Dolomite)
1 Cup Azomite (Trace Elements)
2- TBS Powdered Humic Acid

Run off on this mix after a 4 week sitting with 7 ph water is 6.3

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-> 1/2 Batch (6 cubic feet)

4 - Large bags (1.5 cubic ft. ea) High quality Organic soil with Mycorrhizae
(i.e. Roots Organic)

12.5-25 lbs. Worm Castings
2.5 lbs. (40 oz) Steamed Bone Meal (0-10-0)
2.5 lbs. (40 oz) Bat Guano (Fruit Bat – High P)
2.5 lbs. (40 oz) Blood Meal
1.5 lbs. (24 oz) Rock Phosphates
3/8 Cup (1/4 cup + 1/8 cup) Epsom Salts
1/2 Cup Sweet Lime (Powdered Dolomite)
1/2 Cup Azomite (Trace Elements)
1 TBS Powdered Humic Acid

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-> 1/4 Batch (3 cubic feet = 5184 cubic inches)

2 - Large bags (1.5 cubic ft. ea) High quality Organic soil with Mycorrhizae
(i.e. Roots Organic)

6.25-12.5 lbs. Worm Castings
1.25 lbs. (20 oz) Steamed Bone Meal (0-10-0)
1.25 lbs. (20 oz) Bat Guano (Fruit Bat – High P)
1.25 lbs. (20 oz) Blood Meal
.75 lbs. (12 oz) Rock Phosphates
3 TB Epsom Salts
1/4 Cup Sweet Lime (Powdered Dolomite)
1/4 Cup Azomite (Trace Elements)
1.5 tsp Powdered Humic Acid

-> 1/8 Batch (1.5 cubic feet = 2592 cubic inches)

1 - Large bag (1.5 cubic ft.) High quality Organic soil with Mycorrhizae
(i.e. Roots Organic)

3-6 lbs. Worm Castings
.625 lbs. (10 oz) Steamed Bone Meal (0-10-0)
.625 lbs. (10 oz) Bat Guano (Fruit Bat – High P)
.625 lbs. (10 oz) Blood Meal
.375 lbs. (6 oz) Rock Phosphates
1 TB + 1.5 tsp. Epsom Salts
1/8 Cup Sweet Lime (Powdered Dolomite)
1/8 Cup Azomite (Trace Elements)
.75 tsp Powdered Humic Acid

K

Kushtard

Any thoughts on why these mixes dont use any kelp? I use several diferent versions of this recipe and one with kelp but using peat instead of roots. Found it all online. Just curious. Do you think the roots or ocean forest has enough kelp already? Some recipes had kelp. I mean where are the potassium sources. Also fox farms bulb food I am trying as a booster too.

G

greenplanetguru

2:1 ffof : Lw

Does anyone use this mix with FFOF instead of ROOTS potting soil?

Hi,

I've seen posts where Subby suggests as an alternate to
Roots to use 2 bags of FFOF to 1 bag of Foxfarm Light Warrior. FFOF is a bit 'hot' to use it with all of the Supersoil amendments so it's good to cut the strength a bit with LW and it also gives the root zone an added mychorrizae boost.

Peace!

S

savage

subbys supersoil is good stuff. good idea on recommending to supplement with LW

R

rebornfarmer

Im kinda new to this.. i only have 4 harvests under my belt. I just bought all new equipment. 3 1000 watt quantum ballasts and i want to make sure my soil is right on. I always went with fox farm ocean soil what do you guys think of that stuff? besides wasting money hows the quality compared to these home mixed soils. Im up for whatever works the best giving best results.

true grit

true grit

People have said it is a bit hot, but I've always just cut it 70/30 with perlite and had no issues. Some cut it 70/30-50/50 with Light Warrior as well. Recently it was recommended to me by a long time FFOF grower to cut it 50/50 with the Roots Organic soil used in this super soil. I did and love the consistency of the Roots Organic. I still cut in about 10-15% chunky perlite though (so its like 45/45/10). FFOF is higher in nitrogen I believe than the Roots, but both are hot. This is my veg mix. Plants seem to like but I still plan on feeding with Roots Buddha Grow (organic).... Some don't feed with FFOF but I have always started feeding light after the first couple leaf sets.

Top Bottom