Need to know strains with highest thcV

• Thread starter Intellect
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
500lbs Guerilla

500lbs Guerilla

+1 to the previous post about most east Asian sativas being pretty high in ThcV. I've also heard about a few African landrace sativas being up there as well, like Malawi Gold.... Don't know for sure though as I've never seen test results

OctoberDee

OctoberDee

+1 to the previous post about most east Asian sativas being pretty high in ThcV. I've also heard about a few African landrace sativas being up there as well, like Malawi Gold.... Don't know for sure though as I've never seen test results

As I did more research I found that searching for THCV and CBD stability in any strain is kind of guesswork. There hasn't been enough research to definitively say which strain has how much of what. Also there could be other compounds at play when dealing with the properties of strains that are deemed healing or medicating. It may not be THCV or CBD that is causing the effects that we are desiring. Until medical research is legalized in the US, I don't think we can determine the standards that we seek. The best we can do for now is put blind faith into lab work that may or may not be correct. Also since we are dealing with raw materials any readings can vary with the environment that the test samples are exposed to and change from place to place. I found articles that stated that research that was done on Pakistani and Afghani pot that had high doses of THCV. I also found articles that claim that THCV is not an effective medical cannabinoid. It all goes back and forth. The reality is smoke as many strains as you can and try to stick with ones you like, this is going to be more medical research than has been allowed in almost any country for decades and more fun that lab work in my opinion. Blaze It Up!!!

J

jimis

I have a person that is important to me in my life that has an auto immune disease, and recent studies say that THCV are helpful in these forms of diseases.

I need to know strains that are, or would be, high in this specific cannabinoid.

I know that JTR from Sub has a 5% ratio of it in it, guess that would be a specific pheno though probably. And from what I've seen THCV is only present in low percentages, so 5% is pretty high.

Anyone know of any other strains high in THCV??
Nevilles Haze, Tangerine Dream, pretty much all haze crosses. I got a chemberry dream i'm working on thats high in thcv but its been a pain in the ass to work with. Usually high THCV strains are over 20% overall. This threads from last year. I'm out.

G

Gene Hunter

The article on Halent Labs is wrong. An anorectic is a substance that suppresses hunger, it does not enhance it. For this reason, THCV can be useful for obesity & diabetes. I am actually currently working on this very issue.

The project is simply to isolate and breed for THCV. We have searched the world for cultivars that express it highly. So far we have found THCV in many landraces from E and S Africa, Nepal & Bhutan (many Himalayan border varieties express it), a very few Pakistani (Chitral tested with some content). Hazes, whether Jamaican or SE Asian, generally tend to have very high THC values, but not so much THCV. The same seems to be the case with many S American strains. Many may have it, but usually not in higher quantities than certain other landraces. By far the highest values I've seen come from E Africa. S African cultivars (Mozambique, Durban Poison) have less, but can still have a significant amount. Some landraces that have gone into my breeding project are from Kenya, Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Mozambique, and Zimbabwe, with a touch of a slightly higher THCV Durban Poison to help shorten the flowering time. Some E African cultivars have close to 50% of the total cannabinoids (not by total sample weight) expressed as THCV. We are still working to stabilize both a high-THC variety and a low-THC variety. Stability is an issue, not just because of the number of strains involved (I want a broad genetic base for vigor after inbreeding for THCV), but because the same enzyme that converts CBG into THC also cyclizes CBGV into THCV, which can lead to variable end results. You basically have to breed for a high CBGV plant (w/o CBG), which is hard (impossible) to do because most labs can't test for CBGV. So without knowledge of its precursor's levels, we are forced to select directly for THCV. If I could test for CBGV, then selecting for a high THCV plant would be easier. I could determine much earlier whether the precursor is being produced in enough quantity and cull the low producers. Right now we are still getting wildly different %ages of THCV in the same batch of seeds, but the variance is slowly decreasing. We are hoping to have a high-THC, high-THCV cultivar by next year and a low-THC, high-THCV cultivar some time after that.

Kragle

Kragle

The article on Halent Labs is wrong. An anorectic is a substance that suppresses hunger, it does not enhance it. For this reason, THCV can be useful for obesity & diabetes. I am actually currently working on this very issue.

The project is simply to isolate and breed for THCV. We have searched the world for cultivars that express it highly. So far we have found THCV in many landraces from E and S Africa, Nepal & Bhutan (many Himalayan border varieties express it), a very few Pakistani (Chitral tested with some content). Hazes, whether Jamaican or SE Asian, generally tend to have very high THC values, but not so much THCV. The same seems to be the case with many S American strains. Many may have it, but usually not in higher quantities than certain other landraces. By far the highest values I've seen come from E Africa. S African cultivars (Mozambique, Durban Poison) have less, but can still have a significant amount. Some landraces that have gone into my breeding project are from Kenya, Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Mozambique, and Zimbabwe, with a touch of a slightly higher THCV Durban Poison to help shorten the flowering time. Some E African cultivars have close to 50% of the total cannabinoids (not by total sample weight) expressed as THCV. We are still working to stabilize both a high-THC variety and a low-THC variety. Stability is an issue, not just because of the number of strains involved (I want a broad genetic base for vigor after inbreeding for THCV), but because the same enzyme that converts CBG into THC also cyclizes CBGV into THCV, which can lead to variable end results. You basically have to breed for a high CBGV plant (w/o CBG), which is hard (impossible) to do because most labs can't test for CBGV. So without knowledge of its precursor's levels, we are forced to select directly for THCV. If I could test for CBGV, then selecting for a high THCV plant would be easier. I could determine much earlier whether the precursor is being produced in enough quantity and cull the low producers. Right now we are still getting wildly different %ages of THCV in the same batch of seeds, but the variance is slowly decreasing. We are hoping to have a high-THC, high-THCV cultivar by next year and a low-THC, high-THCV cultivar some time after that.
Hey, Gene Hunter, are you still working on developing a stable high THCV cultivar?

gardnguyahoy

gardnguyahoy

all strains grown in colorado tested above 20 percent no matter what the strain was.
I'm sorry this was just a stupid statement..

At the place I work, We had a patient with the some of the same problems your exhibiting are. Our Lab did not test for THCV.

I would recommend an African sativa. I know that sounds wierd but things like Malowai Gold and other hazes (Hazes come from around the world) are your best bet.

Now here comes the sad story, 10week+ Flower times and very testy plants, I personally love them but ehh its a personal thing.

Good luck to you mate,
Chobbs

The confusion was, thc % and thcV % @efnscreenames he was asking for thcV% not thc% simple mistake. Most strains, as the op was earlier stating, have less than 5%

Hence why everyone was like wtf...every strain in rado is above 20%?? Lol

Read slower next time, quit bickerin. Positive vibes for growers and smokers alike

shaganja

shaganja

I have a person that is important to me in my life that has an auto immune disease, and recent studies say that THCV are helpful in these forms of diseases.

I need to know strains that are, or would be, high in this specific cannabinoid.

I know that JTR from Sub has a 5% ratio of it in it, guess that would be a specific pheno though probably. And from what I've seen THCV is only present in low percentages, so 5% is pretty high.

Anyone know of any other strains high in THCV??
have been researching this for two years now. i have a list of landrace strains which carry thcv. it is my project but it is a slow one considering thcv is found mainly in sativas.
black willie from reeferman seeds. is vietnamese black and nepal highland.
durban poison from cannabiogen. reason is because landrace not fucked with. well known to have thcv.
mekanika haze from plantformers. brazilian landrace. notes on page stating high in thcv.
malawi gold from the real seed company or cannabiogen. i forget. also known for thcv.
and wild thailand from world of seeds.
if you make a strain using this recipe, send me some beans! this is my project. its slow. i need help! lol lets make a thcv strain!

shaganja

shaganja

As I did more research I found that searching for THCV and CBD stability in any strain is kind of guesswork. There hasn't been enough research to definitively say which strain has how much of what. Also there could be other compounds at play when dealing with the properties of strains that are deemed healing or medicating. It may not be THCV or CBD that is causing the effects that we are desiring. Until medical research is legalized in the US, I don't think we can determine the standards that we seek. The best we can do for now is put blind faith into lab work that may or may not be correct. Also since we are dealing with raw materials any readings can vary with the environment that the test samples are exposed to and change from place to place. I found articles that stated that research that was done on Pakistani and Afghani pot that had high doses of THCV. I also found articles that claim that THCV is not an effective medical cannabinoid. It all goes back and forth. The reality is smoke as many strains as you can and try to stick with ones you like, this is going to be more medical research than has been allowed in almost any country for decades and more fun that lab work in my opinion. Blaze It Up!!!
sounds like bad info. not medical! lol parkinsons, diabetes, obisity, siezure activity.........thats just the studied ones.

shaganja

shaganja

i just started my project last year starting with black willie, and pakistani peshawar. didnt know this project was gonna be so difficult! thanks for info!

shaganja

shaganja

i just started my project last year starting with black willie, and pakistani peshawar. didnt know this project was gonna be so difficult! thanks for info!
Lost my black paki, had seeds in wrong place. Nobody would open. Starting over. Had to put project on hold. Low on cash, and had to grow what I had. Am running some cookie line stuff now. Strains givin to me. Will be able to get project going again when can purchase the strains needed. Sucks cause most strains are a hundo for a pack. That's a lot of cash, when you need 5 strains to do the job! Lol

shaganja

shaganja

Lost my black paki, had seeds in wrong place. Nobody would open. Starting over. Had to put project on hold. Low on cash, and had to grow what I had. Am running some cookie line stuff now. Strains givin to me. Will be able to get project going again when can purchase the strains needed. Sucks cause most strains are a hundo for a pack. That's a lot of cash, when you need 5 strains to do the job! Lol
its funny that thcv isnt a thread that gets much action. i believe not many ppl understand what thcv is, and that they have already had it but dont even know. examples:
og kush. the most popular strain ever (so far) this strain is half thai. the real og grows spindly. like grapes. everyone fell in love with this plant, not just for the undescribable dank, but for the up thcv buzz!
blue dream. the blue gets thcv from the super silver haze! another iconic strain.
and of course, the one and only girl scout cookies! this one gets thcv from the durban poison.
i believe there is a certain ratio of thcv to other cannabinoids that create a feeling many ppl really enjoy!

shaganja

shaganja

aww shit guys and girls! got some landrace durban poison from cannabiogen! and some wild thailand from real seed company! my buddy is running malawi gold from ace. here we go! part two of thcv project is all go!!

shaganja

shaganja

aww shit guys and girls! got some landrace durban poison from cannabiogen! and some wild thailand from real seed company! my buddy is running malawi gold from ace. here we go! part two of thcv project is all go!
aww shit guys and girls! got some landrace durban poison from cannabiogen! and some wild thailand from real seed company! my buddy is running malawi gold from ace. here we go! part two of thcv project is all go!!
What's so funny trustfall?

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

I'm jumping on the end of the thread so I haven't read what was written from 2012 ...

Moby Dick is supposed to be a higher thcv strain. I have some seeds waiting for my next grow.

shaganja

shaganja

I'm jumping on the end of the thread so I haven't read what was written from 2012 ...

Moby Dick is supposed to be a higher thcv strain. I have some seeds waiting for my next grow.
Yes! When I first wanted to do this project, I wanted to use that strain and Jack the ripper. But after seeing how hard it is to bottleneck this cannabinoid, using hybrids, I thought going the landrace route would give better outcomes. I hear Moby puts you way out there!!

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Yes! When I first wanted to do this project, I wanted to use that strain and Jack the ripper. But after seeing how hard it is to bottleneck this cannabinoid, using hybrids, I thought going the landrace route would give better outcomes. I hear Moby puts you way out there!!

I've heard that too. I've got the following planned for my next grow: Moby Dick, Dos So Dos, OG Kush, and Cheese.

Edit: I bought mine here:
I have not grown this strain yet so I can't say much about it yet. I have never tried it. I bought it because I liked the description. I figured 4 plants scrogged in a 4 x 4. Outdoors they say it grows big.

Last edited:
shaganja

shaganja

I've heard that too. I've got the following planned for my next grow: Moby Dick, Dos So Dos, OG Kush, and Cheese.

Edit: I bought mine here: I have not grown this strain yet so I can't say much about it yet. I have never tried it. I bought it because I liked the description. I figured 4 plants scrogged in a 4 x 4. Outdoors they say it grows big.
Dosi

Edit: I bought mine here: I have not grown this strain yet so I can't say much about it yet. I have never tried it. I bought it because I liked the description. I figured 4 plants scrogged in a 4 x 4. Outdoors they say it grows big.
Nice! I theorize cookies has thcv from the durb, and the triangle. (Just my theory) if we really even know if those strains are even in it, lol. But maybe that dosi would go good on the Moby.

Latest posts

Top Bottom