Need to know what the cause of these spots is

• Thread starter wthVa
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
wthVa

wthVa

Hello, this is my first outdoor grow, everything’s going great so far, just recently noticed small brown spots on the middle to lower leaves of the plant. Can anyone tell me what this is or might be?? Calcium deficiency? Phosphorous toxicity? Anyone know??

Need to know what the cause of these spots is
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Hello, this is my first outdoor grow, everything’s going great so far, just recently noticed small brown spots on the middle to lower leaves of the plant. Can anyone tell me what this is or might be?? Calcium deficiency? Phosphorous toxicity? Anyone know??
that to me is a very bad case of leaf septoria,
how is this growing? in the ground or a pot?

PauliBhoy

PauliBhoy

That's Septoria leaf spot, a fungal pathogen. Looks like an outdoor grow...what was grown there before?

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

The Blue circle is Grey Mold, also called Leaf Sephoria. The red circle looks like bugs. Lets see the backside of the leaves close up.

Mix some reg Vit D milk with water (1 milk to 3 water) and spray them. Let dry, rinse. Treat again the next 3 or 4 days until it's all gone.

Purple
wthVa

wthVa

That's Septoria leaf spot, a fungal pathogen. Looks like an outdoor grow...what was grown there before?
It’s being grown above a vegetable garden, but where the plants being grown, nothing else has ever been planted there. I dug holes and filled with Fox farms coco loco.

wthVa

wthVa

About 10 days I started watering them with TPS Nutrients Bloom. I thought possible phosphorus toxicity. Or cal mag deficient. Any suggestions on getting rid of this lead septoria??

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Not being a chemist, I can only tell you that something in the milkfat changes in the light and it has anti-fungal properties.
After 3 or 4 treatments, the problem is usually gone.
And if you live in a high humidity area, it's also safe as a preventative.

ezenzyme

ezenzyme

hmmm, i wonder i have also heard that milk changes the PH on the surface of the leaves but i have made labs, and now adays you can even buy lab fermented ferts, i wonder... @Aquaman ??

wthVa

wthVa

The Blue circle is Grey Mold, also called Leaf Sephoria. The red circle looks like bugs. Lets see the backside of the leaves close up.

Mix some reg Vit D milk with water (1 milk to 3 water) and spray them. Let dry, rinse. Treat again the next 3 or 4 days until it's all gone.
Pic of underneath of leave

31B4A5A2 915B 4CCC AEA4 4FF204E86092
ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Crazy light burn. That's not good for the plants.
When you spray them, you should do it just before they go dark. Add up all the burn spots and see how much less energy your plant is getting.
Spray just before dark and leave the fans running.

wthVa

wthVa

Crazy light burn. That's not good for the plants.
When you spray them, you should do it just before they go dark. Add up all the burn spots and see how much less energy your plant is getting.
Spray just before dark and leave the fans running

wthVa

wthVa

So you are saying that it’s light burn?? As in from the sun? Or bloom nutrients?? And they are outdoors in the ground, a fan isn’t possible.

wthVa

wthVa

It’s
The lights you have in your grow can put out twice the intensity of the sun because they are within a couple of feet or so.
People get light burn all the time. But this kind that runs up the edge like this is when lights are too high and the plant has enough water to keep itself from cooking. But the leaf edges are thin and more easily burned. So you get light edges and green centers.

Scroll down to see your symptoms

Toked323

Toked323

Out sulfur in a spray bottle or gently dry mist after removing infected leaves , I’ve also had a case where it wasn’t septicemia and was a moldydenum and magnesium deficiency. Also chelates copper spray works but I’d go with sulfur which has worked from me and keep it away from any trees as it can travel and if it’s wet and rainy outdoor try to move it or cover and keep dry

Toked323

Toked323

Usually with leaf septoria you will get black spots too but people have told me not always could be a deficient but that’s rarely molbydenum

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

OMG! I'm so sorry man. I was talking to someone else here and I ended up on the wrong thread. My bad. That was not for you. I deleted them to avoid confusion.

That looks like spotty leaf burn from spraying while the sun is out, it MIGHT be septoria. Can you get closer?

Do the milk spray to kill and remove the molds.

Top Bottom