Need Water Basics

• Thread starter JBloomers123
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Simple for some, not for me. When u say get your ph right are you talking about the water, soil or both? greatly appreciated.

I never really mention ph and only check it once when I mix up a new bag of of with some perlite. Unless I really see a ph correctable problem.

But just watering to runoff with tap or decent well water kind of resets the medium if it is buffered with lime. The ph swings around as the plant eats it rises. Salts can lower it. Etc. it’s a balancing act but handled with proper environment, feeding and watering habits.

I can’t speak for hydro techniques. Water culture is more direct uptake and is different than a potting soil grow.

JBloomers123

JBloomers123

Jr peters professional 20-20-20 use at one half teaspoon per gallon of tap water every watering.Get a bale of sunshine mix4 and all you have to worry about is lights and temps/humidity.
This will produce a excellent crop and is very easy to do.

based on the pic u posted I think I'm going to give your ideas a try :) thank you!

JBloomers123

JBloomers123

Jr peters professional 20-20-20 use at one half teaspoon per gallon of tap water every watering.Get a bale of sunshine mix4 and all you have to worry about is lights and temps/humidity.
so u use no other fert except the JR Peters with every watering? that's intriguing. I might use the JR Peters to give them a jump start but I like the organic factor as well with the low NPK analysis BioThrive offers. How long do u flush before chop chop? THANKS

arb

arb

Dude.........nothing else,ever.
You use something else and you will fuck it up,guaranteed.
Doesn't make one shit of difference what you like it is the plants that matter bro.
Organic,synthetic on the level the plant uses it is totally irrelevant a ion is a ion.
Why ask for help fixing a problem if you ain't gonna listen anyhow?

greenthumb89

greenthumb89

most tap water now contains chloramine which is chlorine with another chemical i forget attached to it.. basically its damn near impossible for it to evaporate or bubble out so putting it out for the night is kind of pointless. if you're concerned about beneficial bacteria being killed i wouldnt advise using tap water however with that said once the chloramine touches something organic it will react with it neutralizing it but also destroying itself. you will lose some bennies from the chloramine but not all of them i dont think. theyll reproduce quicker than you can kill them if your soils dialed right

JBloomers123

JBloomers123

Doesn't make one shit of difference what you like it is the plants that matter bro.
Organic,synthetic on the level the plant uses it is totally irrelevant a ion is a ion.
Ha - I'm totally down with your feedback and it is greatly appreciated - I'm still in fact finding mode. last question - do u use the JrPeters for both veg and flowering state? I just picked up the JrPeters 20-20-20 and completed my first feeding with it for my flowering kids - surprised it didn't change the color of the water when I mixed. THANKS ARB!

JBloomers123

JBloomers123

do u use the JPeters 20-20-20 for both veg and flower state? thanks,

arb

arb

The water should be a light blue color.........just saying.
Yes all the way through till the last week then I just use plain tap water.
Don't over think it or try and complicate what is essentially a very simple thing.
I know it seems way too easy,that's because it is really that easy.

JBloomers123

JBloomers123

The water should be a light blue color.........just saying.
Yes all the way through till the last week then I just use plain tap water.
Don't over think it or try and complicate what is essentially a very simple thing.
I know it seems way too easy,that's because it is really that easy.
ha yea I think it was a light blue - would you believe I use a blue bucket to mix and a blue watering can to pour - so I didn't pick up on the color right away when I mixed - it looked clear against the color of the bucket and watering can. Buddy I'm down with ya - I'm all about keeping it simple. just picked up a bale of the sunshine Mix4 and JR Peters is my new jam for keeping my girls happy - if it doesn't work for me I'll try something else.

THANKS

JBloomers123

JBloomers123

Dude, my plants rebounded like a fcking banshee - and that was only from making the switch to Jr Peters. I've got a few ladies going under the hood this weekend where I'll begin using the sunshine mix. Thanks Man!

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
most tap water now contains chloramine which is chlorine with another chemical i forget attached to it.. basically its damn near impossible for it to evaporate or bubble out so putting it out for the night is kind of pointless. if you're concerned about beneficial bacteria being killed i wouldnt advise using tap water however with that said once the chloramine touches something organic it will react with it neutralizing it but also destroying itself. you will lose some bennies from the chloramine but not all of them i dont think. theyll reproduce quicker than you can kill them if your soils dialed right
Vitamin c removes both

greenthumb89

greenthumb89

yeah that's what ive heard aboutt vitamin c aswel. pretty cool

Buddafett23

Buddafett23

I had the same problem with yellowing and brown spots and all my ph was spot on.
The problem for me personally was nute burn. I give them straight water for one feed and reduced my nutes by 50% for about a fortnight then upped it then back to full feed. The problem stopped for me and my lady’s are very happy now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom