Needshelpguys Grow Thread

• Thread starter needshelpguy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Hi mate it could be the build up of salts with that jump in ppm in the runoff the light burn explains the tops being burnt n crispy , mmmm what a bummer man I feel your pain . Od
+1 agree with mr. OD, I think a combination of the 2 factors is what caused the issue, I like my runoff c. 600 in the heat

needshelpguy

needshelpguy

Yeah pretty gutting it's so strange how quick it happened which is why I thought light burn, but then thought it had to be a nute problem after it significantly got worse even after I raised the light, and there other plants on other lights that are closer sad times other plants look great flushed them all to be safe

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Yeah pretty gutting it's so strange how quick it happened which is why I thought light burn, but then thought it had to be a nute problem after it significantly got worse even after I raised the light, and there other plants on other lights that are closer sad times other plants look great flushed them all to be safe
Lightburn can happen in just a few hours and where your PPM was somewhat high I think it contributed

needshelpguy

needshelpguy

How has you ppm in & out going do you keep track like a grow diary ... Od
Nah what's classic is I stopped watering to run off due to humidity and advice from a friend hadn't done for a month but once I chopped them back they stopped drinking so i think they got burnt before that was feeding 800-900ppm every two days

needshelpguy

needshelpguy

No over time it‘s still going to build up plus the roots are wet all the time watering till run off is important for drainage.
I'm def going to for this one, but surely you can why doesn't it in soil? Because there's enzymes or something? Argh frustrating at least its just
One hopefully i flushed out the others in time

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Nah what's classic is I stopped watering to run off due to humidity and advice from a friend hadn't done for a month but once I chopped them back they stopped drinking so i think they got burnt before that was feeding 800-900ppm every two days
Surely I can just feed them lower ppm and not to run off though

No. ^^^ your friend is incorrect!

My flower plants are fed twice, third time I flush them with 2x the normal volume and record the ph and PPM, I seldom feed in exceed 650 PPM

my veg plants are treated in a similar manner but I don't feed them twice in a row, maybe two waterings and a feed, depends how they look

You always got to flush those salts out, and as Mr O D mentioned above start tracking feed and run off, these notes will be your best friend, hope this helps!

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yup all bang on here. High salinity and K availability will affect water uptake and you will see that crispy cooked leaves as the plant cannot cool itself well because of the reduced water uptake. This makes it more susceptible to heat and and light stress. So even if you change the lights it's prob not going to be enough to offset it until you fix the primary issue. Back the lights off until resolved.

needshelpguy

needshelpguy

Thanks guys really appreciate It, also I just realised I've been flowering these at 11 on 13 off reckon I should change to 12/12 or could switching them possibly make them revege?

needshelpguy

needshelpguy

No. ^^^ your friend is incorrect!

My flower plants are fed twice, third time I flush them with 2x the normal volume and record the ph and PPM, I seldom feed in exceed 650 PPM

my veg plants are treated in a similar manner but I don't feed them twice in a row, maybe two waterings and a feed, depends how they look

You always got to flush those salts out, and as Mr O D mentioned above start tracking feed and run off, these notes will be your best friend, hope this helps!
So if I water once a day and flush every 3 reckon I'll be fine as long as the medium remains damp?

Top Bottom