Neem Cake Meal In Coco

• Thread starter smokin jay
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
smokin jay

smokin jay

Hey guys anyone here add neem cake meal to their coco? I started mixing it in when I mix my perlite in and was just curious as to how often one should reapply as top dressing. The fungus-knat populations have been reduced significantly since I started using it and I would like to keep it that way. Thanks in advance!

Tnelz

Tnelz

If it's working for u top dress when u notice populations starting to rise. It's a guess seeing as I've never added it to Coco but makes sense to me. Good luck bro!

smokin jay

smokin jay

Sounds logical! Been lookin into just doin a neem cake meal tea too that looks promising. Thanks for the reply!

Tnelz

Tnelz

IM really intrested in this..How well did this work for you
Shortly after posting to this thread I began adding neem and karanja to my coco. I don't have major issues with fungus gnats so can't say for sure but it def seemed like those pots were even less messed with by the gnats that were there. Give it a shot. I do believe caps foliar pack or grokashi do just as good though.

Donnie420

Donnie420

Hey guys anyone here add neem cake meal to their coco? I started mixing it in when I mix my perlite in and was just curious as to how often one should reapply as top dressing. The fungus-knat populations have been reduced significantly since I started using it and I would like to keep it that way. Thanks in advance!

How well did this work for you was it constant.I was think of using. A layer of sand at the bottom and some on top so the hats can penetrate the medium.

Tnelz

Tnelz

How well did this work for you was it constant.I was think of using. A layer of sand at the bottom and some on top so the hats can penetrate the medium.[/QUOTE.
It worked for sure. If ur having major issues use the sand it works for sure. Another thing u can do is paint strainer bags. They are tight mesh bags the bastards can't penetrate. It works 100 percent. That is the only 100 percent I can give u. However the sand def works well.

cephalopod

cephalopod

Bump on this one....
I’m looking at getting something rolling again and have been thinking of amending a chow mix with neem cake on a recirculating drip feed. Am I asking for trouble trying this approach? My intent is to run the jacks 3-2-1 program but will be using the megacrop line for the addition of amino acids and b vitamins, supplements will be recharge and fulvic acid.
I will likely be using 5 gallon buckets and 27 gallon tote for a reservoir.
I just keep having the nagging thought of organics in hydro being a recipe for disaster. I understand with items like guano and such, but with neem cake as the only “organic“ component, am I still tempting fate.

mikeross

mikeross

Look into Microbal Lift BTI... its super cheaper, very effective and literally just add some drops to the Rez. Its cheaper, more effect and less effort than what you're doing now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom