Nesta’s Lost in the Weeds Perpetual Journal

• Thread starter Nesta028
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Nesta028

Nesta028

Totally digging my AC Controller 69 Pro. Being able to set VPD is awesome.
08915DFF AAEA 452C A378 DFEBFB7EEDC2

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
not leaf variation.,
could be from a couple things.. firstly i see some 3 fingered leafs?
i do see the odd leaf tacoed..
pests?
heat stress?
light stress?
overfeeding?
5% watering? what’s that? run off?

Nesta028

Nesta028

not leaf variation.,
could be from a couple things.. firstly i see some 3 fingered leafs?
i do see the odd leaf tacoed..
pests?
heat stress?
light stress?
overfeeding?
5% watering? what’s that? run off?
Good call out Nick.
No pests
Heat varies between 72 lights out up to 83 on.
PPFD is 400-500 on these
I run Gaia Green amended in soil. I’ve never had an issue with over feeding, but perhaps SD is a low feeder?
5% watering - I run the buildasoil way for watering for the most part. I will water 5% of the total container volume, let sit and come back with another 5% depending on needs.
My humidity has been low. I just got a new humidifier and its now 40-50%.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
ok just the 3 fingered leaves and some are twisty, a couple are taco..
that’s stress..
again that’s not leaf variation on those leaves with lighter spots.. i can’t say for sure what is causing this

Nesta028

Nesta028

It could definitely be stress induced from when I trimmed them back. Thanks for the insight Nick. I will keep an eye on them. This is a first for me. My wedding cake survived the trim no problem.

Last edited:
Madmax

Madmax

ok just the 3 fingered leaves and some are twisty, a couple are taco..
that’s stress..
again that’s not leaf variation on those leaves with lighter spots.. i can’t say for sure what is causing this
variegation..not variation..

Last edited:
PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

fkin lovin it Nesta 💪 and I don't even work at McDs. It is that SFV I'm watchin the closest though. Fan of them all but that OG has my eye. As for the leaves discoloring, everyone would laugh if gave my opinion hah so best to know when to just listen. I do however not think it is from you trimming. Hey bro how do you keep your PH in line? Do you have a water agitator pr a stone or nada?

Nesta028

Nesta028

Your opinion always welcome here @PerfecTrader! Im pumped for the SFV also! Keep an eye on that MB15. Thats SFV OG x Chemdog. Im genuinely excited for all 4 strains. As far as PH, my tap is right around 7 and I let it sit for a day to dechlorinate. Other than that, I don’t really mess with PH. Perhaps I should. If I had to guess it would be a tad high, but shouldn’t be low.

ninjadip

ninjadip

fkin lovin it Nesta 💪 and I don't even work at McDs. It is that SFV I'm watchin the closest though. Fan of them all but that OG has my eye. As for the leaves discoloring, everyone would laugh if gave my opinion hah so best to know when to just listen. I do however not think it is from you trimming. Hey bro how do you keep your PH in line? Do you have a water agitator pr a stone or nada?
Yeah I don't think the stress that is showing is from trimming either. Ph is a good place to start

When the water is sitting for a day is it being aerated?

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Your opinion always welcome here @PerfecTrader! Im pumped for the SFV also! Keep an eye on that MB15. Thats SFV OG x Chemdog. Im genuinely excited for all 4 strains. As far as PH, my tap is right around 7 and I let it sit for a day to dechlorinate. Other than that, I don’t really mess with PH. Perhaps I should. If I had to guess it would be a tad high, but shouldn’t be low.
thanks brosef and oO I didn't know what MB15 was. I grew Chem Cookies from Mamiko Seeds my 1st grow so am a fan fosho. Ahh so you just dechlor the water and dump into bucket and feed the blumats? About how often do you have to change the water would you say?

Fromunda506

Fromunda506

The purple petioles on the leaves and the way they are curling down are signs of phosphorus deficiency. Phosphorus is mobile though, when those leave symptoms show up from a true need for it, deficiencies tend to start lower on the plant. Ime, when I have a plant start acting like that at her top it’s because she’s getting too much light for her. You might try backing it down for her if it’s possible and see if she doesn’t bounce back. Sometimes after a good trim, a lot of leaves that were shaded are now getting blasted and doing lots of heavy lifting. The plant can get a little pissy from it, especially if she’s already a bit sensitive.

Even if that’s not the culprit, reducing your light intensity a bit usually helps ones that are struggling improve. It’s like the taking two Tylenol and getting a good nights rest of growing weed. If it’s only affecting that strain, I would be looking at things like light sensitivity or pH sensitivity, as suggested. Good luck getting her sorted. Cheers

Nesta028

Nesta028

thanks brosef and oO I didn't know what MB15 was. I grew Chem Cookies from Mamiko Seeds my 1st grow so am a fan fosho. Ahh so you just dechlor the water and dump into bucket and feed the blumats? About how often do you have to change the water would you say?
So I havent set up my blumats in the veg room yet, but plan to soon. I dont ever change the water out so to speak in my flower set up. I simply add more water when it gets half empty or so.

Nesta028

Nesta028

The purple petioles on the leaves and the way they are curling down are signs of phosphorus deficiency. Phosphorus is mobile though, when those leave symptoms show up from a true need for it, deficiencies tend to start lower on the plant. Ime, when I have a plant start acting like that at her top it’s because she’s getting too much light for her. You might try backing it down for her if it’s possible and see if she doesn’t bounce back. Sometimes after a good trim, a lot of leaves that were shaded are now getting blasted and doing lots of heavy lifting. The plant can get a little pissy from it, especially if she’s already a bit sensitive.

Even if that’s not the culprit, reducing your light intensity a bit usually helps ones that are struggling improve. It’s like the taking two Tylenol and getting a good nights rest of growing weed. If it’s only affecting that strain, I would be looking at things like light sensitivity or pH sensitivity, as suggested. Good luck getting her sorted. Cheers
Solid advice. Thank you

Latest posts

Top Bottom