Never seen this streak pattern on leaves before! Variegation you think?

• Thread starter Binary
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Binary

Binary

Seedling seems healthy, but has these zebra stripes on its leaves! Seen this before?

Never seen this streak pattern on leaves before  variegation you think

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
Tried to zoom in but it gets blury.

You’ve not fed have you and what medium are you in soil , coir or a mix of both
I take it you ph is ok and you have looked for bugs ?

Binary

Binary

It's Gaia Green living soil mixed with worm castings. Water going in at 6.2-6.6. No bugs, very tightly sealed cabinet, VPD has been perfect since day 1. Just a really odd pattern!

It's about a week old 👍🏻

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
It's Gaia Green living soil mixed with worm castings. Water going in at 6.2-6.6. No bugs, very tightly sealed cabinet, VPD has been perfect since day 1. Just a really odd pattern!

It's about a week old 👍🏻
No nutes until the end of week three. Looks like it’ll grow out. I wouldn’t stress it too much. If it continues on the next couple of sets of leaves, then I would try to figure it out. It’s a little early for ailments. But, it could be tmv. It bred in a lot of strains these days by accident. It can manifest really early on in leaf structure like this here. In my experience with seedlings that had identified characteristics of tmv like this possible case, it grows out. Monitor closely, don’t stress about too much.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Oh and keep your tool clean after making any cuts on it before using the tool to cut any others.

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
I have seen the pattern before dunno what tmv is it could well be that witchever way as said it’s grown out I always put it down to living soil being to hot. Have to re evaluate that and figure what tmv is as said thou nothing to stress about

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter

I’m just really learning about it too, but a few cases I have diagnosed where right. It’s still a little early to tell. But if you didn’t know about this stuff, you should. It manifests a lot these days. @Gmix @Binary

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
Wow so many viruses have been discovered lately. My guess is that it’s a mixture of bad breeding practices by all them that jumped on it for cash reasons & new tech being able to find these things.

it doesn’t help it looks like various other ailments

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Wow so many viruses have been discovered lately. My guess is that it’s a mixture of bad breeding practices by all them that jumped on it for cash reasons & new tech being able to find these things.

it doesn’t help it looks like various other ailments
I think you are 100% correct on the bad breeding part. If you can’t have enough people to scan these things, breed less. But I digress, money. I hate it.

Binary

Binary

I suspected TMV, but the damage usually looks far worse. I've run into it before. I agree that it seems seed quality is on the decline - but that's anecdotal. These were from s**dsman, held onto them for a few years; "Lemon Haze" - sounded summery!

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
I suspected TMV, but the damage usually looks far worse. I've run into it before. I agree that it seems seed quality is on the decline - but that's anecdotal. These were from s**dsman, held onto them for a few years; "Lemon Haze" - sounded summery!
Indeed it does, sounds tasty, I’ve seen some really odd cases of it so far in my studies, I really think it’s inconsequential on this little one tho I’m going to go through my pics and see if I can’t find the weird white widow stuff. May not be on this phone.

Top Bottom