Neverending vac purge...

• Thread starter WeirdWentPro
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
squiggly

squiggly

Yeah, the problem really is that the more we learn, the more we are aware of how little we do know.....................

...and that's how I know kolah is severely lacking in the knowledge department. The guy seems to know everything about everything.

As you said, gray, the smarter we are the dumber we become. Pretty much sums up the entirety of my education right there. It certainly sums up my limited experience in industry.

Another thing I'll note is that the smarter(dumber) we become the greater our responsibility becomes to tell people how dumb THEY are. Otherwise they do stuff like, you know, run the country/economy into the ground and shit like that.

Each degree I received made me feel like a 4th, then a 3rd, then a 2nd level retard. I'm hoping someday I'll be doctor squiggly and set off on the work of reaching the maximum retard level that I can attain in this world before I die.

Some of us just give up and live in a yurt, though. Also an option.

Oil Dragon

Oil Dragon

Don't worry you get more butane in you smoking with a lighter then what's in a glob

I dont think so...Takes weeks, maybe months to finish a can of tane just for a lighter. A can of tane's worth of oil could last an hour if your motivated...

shawnskush

shawnskush

I dont think so...Takes weeks, maybe months to finish a can of tane just for a lighter. A can of tane's worth of oil could last an hour if your motivated...
but a vast majority will have been processed out..

SuperCan

SuperCan

Even oil that isn't 'purged' very well shouldn't give you as much butane as a regular 'Bic' lighter even worse are those $1.00 crap butane lighters. If you use a torch it will be better than smoking badly purged oil because the torches should completely burn the butane off but the lighters do a bad job of that. What Dad said is right.

Reactions: Dad
Graywolf

Graywolf

A little like the discussions of how many angels can dance on the head of a pin, since butane is a simple asphyxiant and the LD-50 shows that it took about a 65% atmosphere of it for 4 hours smother half the rats.

Residual butane is more of an issue of taste, than of health concerns. Check out the MSDS:

Oil Dragon

Oil Dragon

A little like the discussions of how many angels can dance on the head of a pin, since butane is a simple asphyxiant and the LD-50 shows that it took about a 65% atmosphere of it for 4 hours smother half the rats.

Residual butane is more of an issue of taste, than of health concerns. Check out the MSDS:

thanks graywolf, I was starting to become skeptical. Much appreciated!

Are you suggesting to only use N-Butane now instead of these "filtered cans?" (because propane content) or is the health risk just as low as 'tane?

SuperCan

SuperCan

Are you suggesting to only use N-Butane now instead of these "filtered cans?" (because propane content) or is the health risk just as low as 'tane?

Propane is 'better for you' in this instance even if it is not as good for the extraction.

Graywolf

Graywolf

We extract with both Lucienne 4X or Airgas n-Butane in our closed systems, and both do a good job. Propane does extract less non active ingredients than Butane, so the overall volume extracted is less.

Propane is a simple asphyxiant as well, so the real issue using mixed lighter fuel is efficiency, and the Propane won't stick around as long in an open system. Lighter butane costs more than 12% less than Instrument grade n-Butane, so a 12% loss of the Propane, is less of an issue.

Running straight Propane in a closed circuit Terpenator actually produces a blonder product and about half the volume of oil.

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

How do you guys feel about hand whipping wax/oil? I have heard so many various "theroies" it would be nice to have scientific info available about it. Graywolf, Supercan, Squiggly, and any of you other scientists, what type of finshed product do you prefer? Wax, shatter, something different? I have been expiermenting with making oil/wax recently, was turned on to a very informative site, but now I am interested in what you guys are actually smoking on. Do you scientists still enjoy flowers?

Another question, I have yet to see an oil rig that gets heated electrically, but would using electricity be a feasible way to eliminate the use of the blow torch?

Oil Dragon

Oil Dragon

Another question, I have yet to see an oil rig that gets heated electrically, but would using electricity be a feasible way to eliminate the use of the blow torch?

they have an E-nail available, i've seen it on video. haven't hit it personally

germinator

germinator

There are bundles of battery powered dabbing options, gpen, atmos nail cart,vaporcone, thermovape and they all pretty damn good too.

SCFSYNDICATE760

SCFSYNDICATE760

We extract with both Lucienne 4X or Airgas n-Butane in our closed systems, and both do a good job. Propane does extract less non active ingredients than Butane, so the overall volume extracted is less.

Propane is a simple asphyxiant as well, so the real issue using mixed lighter fuel is efficiency, and the Propane won't stick around as long in an open system. Lighter butane costs more than 12% less than Instrument grade n-Butane, so a 12% loss of the Propane, is less of an issue.

Running straight Propane in a closed circuit Terpenator actually produces a blonder product and about half the volume of oil.

so running a can that has 10% more ntane and 10% less propane SHOULD according to what u said yield better...im just sayin lb for lb on a closed system...
seems like maybe propane purges or dissipates quicker and may make a lil "cleaner" oil...if that even is accurate (i dunno enough about the science of color) but you suffer a yield loss...
personally, i already filter it so lose enough...if the propane isnt gonna make more or better prod and if butane is seemingly safe unless ur at 65% atmos of it and breathing for a long time...(like maybe if u were stuffed into a giant terpinator???)
jk
anyways, just reiteration of what ive been reading..lots of it from gdub...

so what have we learned here...
butane is safe unless u breath it for a long time or make a spark
propane MAY make a cleaner product but will not yield as well..

n yea...that tanked shit is kinda expensive!!

Graywolf

Graywolf

so running a can that has 10% more ntane and 10% less propane SHOULD according to what u said yield better...im just sayin lb for lb on a closed system...
seems like maybe propane purges or dissipates quicker and may make a lil "cleaner" oil...if that even is accurate (i dunno enough about the science of color) but you suffer a yield loss...
personally, i already filter it so lose enough...if the propane isnt gonna make more or better prod and if butane is seemingly safe unless ur at 65% atmos of it and breathing for a long time...(like maybe if u were stuffed into a giant terpinator???)
jk
anyways, just reiteration of what ive been reading..lots of it from gdub...

so what have we learned here...
butane is safe unless u breath it for a long time or make a spark
propane MAY make a cleaner product but will not yield as well..

n yea...that tanked shit is kinda expensive!!

Yes, the yield would be higher without the propane.

No shit! It is not only kind of expensive, price varies enormously by location. Cheapest in Texas and ghastly expensive in these parts.

We pay around $263 for an Lp-5 from the same company in Texas, that wants $402 for it here in Oregon. Matheson, their competition, still wants $349.

We just moved to a wholesale supplier for our Lucienne 4X, and our price is now down to $123 for (72) 300ml cans (21600ml).

21, 600 ml is about 5.71 gallons, or around 28.7 lbs at n-Butanes specific gravity of .601.http://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/specific-gravity-liquids-d_336.html

F

FruitOfTheLabor

long purges.. can get tons of terpenes to evap out of your oil also..

we flip 5-10 times with shatter.. and if we want honeycomb.. after its in a shatter form.. we fold it up.. pull a vac.. fold it up again.. pull a vac.. and let it sit. for a few hours. 4-10 hours.. and bam.. nice honeycomb patties..

Top Bottom