NEW 2 room build out Perpetual Design and Build

• Thread starter Stu
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Stu

Hey guys haven't even finish my first grow in my tent in my UC set up, and I already have plans to go bigger.

The build out will consist of two rooms. A 8'x7'8"x8' veg room. It will have a 4x4 tray DTW w/ a 50 gallon rez. Looking to grab a 4' 8 bulb T5 light to provide light for the tray and mothers around the edges. Do you think this will be enough light? For cooling the room will have a small 3,000 btu window AC unit to keep temp and humidity in spec. It Will also have a small humidifier to keep room where it needs to be.

For the flower room it will be roughly 12'x8'x8' space. I Plan to have a 4x8 tray running CoCo in a DTW set up. Looking to have 2000 watts of light in this room. With (2) 8" Mangum XXXL hoods cooled straight from OSA (Out Side Air) in the evening where temps reach 40s-60s year round. It will also have its own 8,000 btu AC unit to keep temp and humidity in spec. Going to be running a Marley tankless water heater for Co2 generation. This will add a good amount of Co2 to the sealed room. As well as having very little heat transferred into the room vs a Co2 Burner.

Below are some pictures of where the veg room will be built. I picked up the lumber and door today and plan frame the walls out by tomorrow if not this weekend. I am going to be using R13 insulation in the walls and for the ceiling. Inside the room I will be using 1/2 Mold resistant dry wall. Commonly used in bathrooms where the humidity reaches high levels.

Alright enough talking here is what it looks like.

photo28.JPG

photo-19.JPG

stu :joint:

R

RMCG

Very nice! Ambitious.

Running the Tankless HW heater Drain to Waste?

I'm not sure the greenboard is necessary. Seems like those that use it, sort of realize they didn't need to spend the extra on it.

Looking forward to the new show.

S

Stu

nice stu.....man already upgrading....cant wait...

Biggest thing is the heat. Non insulated structure sucks to have a tent in.

Very nice! Ambitious.

Running the Tankless HW heater Drain to Waste?

I'm not sure the greenboard is necessary. Seems like those that use it, sort of realize they didn't need to spend the extra on it.

Looking forward to the new show.

RMCG thanks for coming by.

Yes the water heater will DTW. Shouldn't be running that long.

Hm I was only using it cause I have seen everyone else using it. Over here it is 9.50 for a 1/2 4'x8' piece and a piece of regular dry way same specs is 5.50. 4.00 Dollar difference on 10 pieces is only 40 difference. Personally I rather use the Greenboard for 40 dollar difference just to save me the head aches further down the line. Would much rather have spent the 40 than have to start ripping down dry wall and changing insulation because of mold.

I will try to get some pics up tomorrow after the basic framing is up.

stu

soaringfast

soaringfast

Stu, I just put a tent together with two 4x4 trays in it. Each tray has it's own 1000 ocho.
I got the smart pot liner for the trays and filled them up with ready grow and a little bit of roots organic. I put about 40 plants in each tray to create a SOG style set up. It's drain to waste and so far I have not had to water that often.

I have seen what Grow Master has done and love the simplicity of this style of growing.
Best of all I can re use the medium.

Love the ochos because I can get lights very close with out any burning and they give a great spread.

aSilvrHaze

aSilvrHaze

got my seat for the build out.
giving the UC a rest after the tent run?
plants are starting to look great btw:anim_30:

S

Stu

Stu, I just put a tent together with two 4x4 trays in it. Each tray has it's own 1000 ocho.
I got the smart pot liner for the trays and filled them up with ready grow and a little bit of roots organic. I put about 40 plants in each tray to create a SOG style set up. It's drain to waste and so far I have not had to water that often.

I have seen what Grow Master has done and love the simplicity of this style of growing.
Best of all I can re use the medium.

Love the ochos because I can get lights very close with out any burning and they give a great spread.

One of the biggest things that stuck out to me in DTW is that the plants get the same amount of every nute during water. Not like in a DWC type system where the plant takes what it wants from the nutes you see your PPMs drop and you add back basic nutes. Also nothing beats the taste of growing in CoCo from what I hear.

Sounds like you are liking the set up that you have. Mine should be pretty similar.

got my seat for the build out.
giving the UC a rest after the tent run?
plants are starting to look great btw:anim_30:

Hey SilvrHaze thx for popping by.

The UC so far is great other than the few problems I had on my side slowing growth. My biggest complaint about the UC is that while doing a rez change on the system. The water only drains to about 1/2 to the level of the 2" PVC in the bottom of the buckets. This still leaves about 3 gallons of water in each bucket. The only complete way to drain this system 100% or close to is to remove the lids and use a shop vac to remove the rest of the water.

For me this is to much of a hassle. Another factor is that my knees are in petty bad shape. This system is low to the ground and requires a lot of on your knee work. That on top of not having a lot of room to work with inside the tent isn't helping. That is why I'm looking toward a 4x8 tray with a DTW type setup.

Again I am not bashing the UC system, it is just not for everyone.

stu

R

RMCG

I found that to 'drain/flush' the UC, just run water in to the system while you are pumping it out. Monitor the ppm's and you will get VERY close to your incoming tap. Once its there, stop pumping it out. No need to drain it all out/shop vac it.

Not sure on the 'taste' bit of coco grown. Its inert. Could be growing in glass beads, it wouldn't affect the taste any.

S

Stu

I found that to 'drain/flush' the UC, just run water in to the system while you are pumping it out. Monitor the ppm's and you will get VERY close to your incoming tap. Once its there, stop pumping it out. No need to drain it all out/shop vac it.

Not sure on the 'taste' bit of coco grown. Its inert. Could be growing in glass beads, it wouldn't affect the taste any.

This sounds like a good idea. One that looks like I am going to have to try when I throw the trellis on.

As far as CoCo vs DWC taste goes. I just want to try a different medium. And have heard from others that CoCo has the best taste after flushing.

S

Stu

Well banged around yesterday for the better part of the day. Have all the framing up. Followed everything to code the best I could. Insulated 2 walls and the ceiling with R13. Just need to do the other 2 and start with the dry wall. I have 2 outlets in here at the moment. I need to go over how many circuits I will need in this room. Hoping finish insulated and drywall today. We'll see how things go.

photo-45.JPG

photo-54.JPG

photo-62.JPG

photo-71.JPG

photo-8.JPG

photo-9.JPG

stu

R

RMCG

Room is coming along nicely. Looks great.

I'm 'handy', but not in the framing of walls/drywalling sense.

S

Stu

Room is coming along nicely. Looks great.

I'm 'handy', but not in the framing of walls/drywalling sense.

I'm handy, I have been taught at a very young age to weld a hammer, solder pipes, run electrical, you name it.

Its this hydro thing that I am trying to conquer next.

Winning

S

Stu

Hey guys have gotten a lot done sense last time I posted. Dry wall is up first coat of mud is on and has been sanded and put up a product call reflectix on the walls. Framed out the hole for the 6000 btu window AC. Slowly but surely everything is coming together.
photo32.JPG

photo-441.JPG

photo33.JPG

photo-112.JPG

photo-210.JPG

photo29.JPG

photo-110.JPG

photo-29.JPG

S

Stu

Putting in some more work. Slamed the AC unit it. Sealed the studs and small gaps with silicon. Then covered with the Refletix. EVC-2 up and mounted. Installed 6" vent above door to vent the HPS light from the UC while it is in there for time being. Oh and a speaker that will playing same music that will be outside of the room as well as in flower room :D

enjoy
photo30.JPG

photo-113.JPG

photo-211.JPG

S

Stu

Moved my UC set up in here for the time being. Going to take down the tent and start prepping for the 8x12x8 build out. Here is some pics.
photo39.JPG

photo-213.JPG

photo-116.JPG

photo-36.JPG

Top Bottom