New Advanced Nutrients Digital Ballast Coming Soon

• Thread starter Billygoat
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Bloodline

Lumatek had problems awhile back causing plugs to melt down and it was an isolated issue, it only happened if you used Hortilux bulbs. I prefer Galaxy Digital Ballasts myself.

ebbensmoke

ebbensmoke

has anyone grabbed one of these yet? Im hearing there are a few available but are in the cases like the lumateks. these are what we saw at the thc expose. im going to wait until they are in the bling cases. although maybe they are better in the lumatek style...

so...whos got one?

F

fido

But Dude you know its gotta be the bomb,they make it just for herb and it's wavelength. Sorry BG but a fert comp going into lighting just does not make sense. They are like other people going into fertilizer when that's not their market. They are great at coping shit like they did GH.
I would not buy the first model of anything from any company. I would let others buy and watch,especially if it is something that can burn my house down.JK

hahaha.
words to live by.
this newbie thanks you

fido

D

dxco

Digital ballasts? When EYE certifies that a certain digital ballast will work properly with their bulbs, I will buy another. My Lumetek KILLED 1Kw HPS's & wouldn't even work with Hortilux MH.
I talked with the rep from Hydrofarm about their new Phantom digital & how it causes my timers (made by GE) to reset & shut down intermittantly he said it was a software issue -Same thing Lumetek said about short bulb life (they admitted a problem).
SO, If the software is an issue & gets updated every single revision, why don't they spend the 50-cents & add a USB or flash bootloader to update their product? Short answer: Because they want you to buy a new one! -
PURE BS: Wait -Unless you want to be the guy who bought windows Vista or ME, wait until the bugs are worked out. The only bulb certified to work in digital ballasts (horticultural) is SunPulse and they cost about $160! They are using their customers as a proving ground for their products. They should be paying you. It's a rush to get a new product on the market while everybody is all excited about buying the latest & hreatest new thing. WAIT!
The new microcontrollers made by Atmel & others have huge potential & will bring about change in HID ballasts but the R&D work hasn't been done by the ballast manufacturers. Don't buy into "the gases are excited by the high frequency & provide more lumens per watt" -High Frequency = Better Efficiency??? Then tell me why AN (a nutrient co) is saying their ballast is BEST because it operates at a LOWER frequency! Go Figure...
Cap & Coil ballasts are time-tested & reliable -all the bulbs work with them -they put out the right voltage & current -Why buy windows Vista when XP is working so well?
DXCO
DXCO

Illmind

Illmind

You people wondering how the lights dim are somewhat on. You can throw a resistor in the path according to ohms law and it'll reduce current hence reduce light, but as you guys said that would cause heat. Some have a mini transformer inside that lowers the voltage to dim, the dimmer switch does not save on electricity! I repeat u don't save money running a 1K at 600W, unless the transformer is inside the plug that take the juice directly from the outlet which it is not. Have you ever seen like an AC or DC adapter for Nintendo or whatever? It'd look something like that. I almost bought into the dim shit but ohms law is ohm law. Also most of the other shit eballasts claim is BS and has been debunked too like more lumens longer bulb life can't prove bulb life but more lumens I could with a light meter. If you went bulb life on average it would lose too because of all the lights they've blown.. The only electricity it saves u on is on startup. Which IMO is not worth the drawbacks. Coolstar will be my ballast of choice until eballasts are perfected or the 600W LED lights come out, not the BS nite-brite sets I'm talking a bigass led made in china not yet mass produced.

Dorje

Dorje

I repeat u don't save money running a 1K at 600W, unless the transformer is inside the plug that take the juice directly from the outlet which it is not.

So in 600W mode the ballast just burns off 400W as heat? Probably not or the ballast would quickly fail or require it's own 6" exhaust fan.... I'm not going to pretend to know how computer controlled power electronics work, but generally it's very efficient.

Also, in med states some places require UL certification, AFAIK Quantum is the ONLY ballast that has UL, so that makes the choice easy. Sunlight and HFarm coil ballasts are not UL either... If your place is ever inspected the fire dep't or inspectors can demand UL compliance if they wish.

Dorje

Dorje

Digital ballasts? When EYE certifies that a certain digital ballast will work properly with their bulbs, I will buy another.

Nextgen's work fine with EYE bulbs, even the Super Blue. It's the only e-ballast the stores around here will recommend with EYE bulbs and I haven't heard of or seen any issues with them.

Crysmatic

Crysmatic

Im sure there just like anythang mechanical, its gonna fail sooner or later..........GM

they're not mechanical...they're electronic! a designer knows, almost down to the hour, when these things will fail! if there's a manufacturing defect, it'll blow within 90 days. otherwise, they probably will last 7 years + 1 day. that goes with any electronics...it's called planned obsolescence.

from AN's site, "The tentative release date for the BaddAss Magnetic and Digital Ballasts is mid to end of July, 2010". has anyone used these yet?

ebbensmoke

ebbensmoke

so.... as hesitant as i am to belive it, im now hearing these will be shiping next week. anyone else heard this? As i just pre-ordered mine, i am sure there are a million folks that will get one before me becuase i think pre-orders began in Jan.

Not to mention I am cautious to belive anything until I see it.

well...right after i wrote this i check the site like ive been doing for about 3 months and sure as heck there is new info on the site...it does look like its the lumatek style cases... finally some new info...

now if they can get the new calc werkin ........

Bb lf banner
Baddass ballasts lf bg
BB LF Low Frequency
BB LF Lumatek Super Lumen
BB LF Quantum Dimmable
ebbensmoke

ebbensmoke

Yeah , they just got the container in last week, Theres 50,000 of them on tap ready for shipment.

does that mean there shouldnt be backlog? sweet!

found this too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXEenDFeSoc&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfGqqf156Lk

anyone else notice theres a vid on you tube from reners.com that shows they offer a magnetic, and on the AN site they offer the one in the old case and one in the new? always unsure of what the heck is going on with these guys....

M

Motherhugger

These are finally coming out? I've been hearing about these for ages, it seems.

Well, then again this post started a long time ago, so maybe this is just old news. I haven't bought new lights in a while, so I haven't really been on the market and checking these out.

Should be interesting to hear more about what growers are seeing with these. I wish someone would post a journal with these Advanced Nutrients digital ballasts.

good luck to those using them....I'll be watching, for sure.

ebbensmoke

ebbensmoke

I got'm access to them right now, as many as you want.
I do have 6 coming for me personally in about a week.
l let ya know what I think.

I have one on order but didnt think they were shipping yet? Have you seen one? How was pricing? Are they in the fancy case? Cant wait!!!! Thanks garnden of dreams!

S

strictlyHYDROid

nice 1 dude
that is definitely on my wish list
as well as the Co2 burner and all accessories
not too fond with the nutrient side of things especially when its competition product is easy to use

wish the best for your future grows man
go hard!!!!

DrCALIGREENTHUM

DrCALIGREENTHUM

Gotta love the 10 year warranty with this
and its digital?!

squarepusher

squarepusher

I have one on order but didnt think they were shipping yet? Have you seen one? How was pricing? Are they in the fancy case? Cant wait!!!! Thanks garnden of dreams!

I can't wait either. AN coming out with a new product is like the highlight of my year with all this extra cash i got lying around.

ebbensmoke

ebbensmoke

you say you have them now? how muc is the 600w? also, are they in the groovy case or lumatek style? i am only seeing 1k's available in places....

Top Bottom