New Advanced Nutrients Digital Ballast Coming Soon

• Thread starter Billygoat
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Swerve

You mean the bad ass ballast lol. They r nice. I have been using quantums fr a while now and it was based off of advanced nuts design well actually stolen from them via a disgruntled employee. Cl cert ul listed seems pretty solid. I stopped using limateks for he quantums but also hae a ten pack of phantom ballasts as well.

Should b a botching ballast imvho. And I don't use anything from advanced except for their ph up and down cuz it's concentrate

S

Sensibowl

Wait...the AN ballasts are selling out already?

I shoulda known. I better grab one of them as soon as possible.

S

socalsfinestmmj

Im a AN dealer so my price isnt the same as retail.
The MSRP i think is over 400.
I think i can get rid of them for around 350.00
And Melon heads for 150.00.
But i got Quantums for 275.00 for 1k dimmables.

Also from what they told me last wk i can ship ballast yesterday.
There in and available.

hey GOD.. you say u can get rid of quamtum 1k dimables for 275?? damn might need 4 can u get magnumxxxl cheaper as well? would be interested in possiable purchase since setting up room and spending considerable $ most hydro stores round these parts are douce bags out to rape the customer

ebbensmoke

ebbensmoke

Thats not a bad price. I rrally want a 600w though. Wonder why they didnt releaae any yet? I dont jave an edit buttom either. Have you fired yours up yet? Did you run it with a hortilux or the badass bulb? I ask becuase ive had issues with bulbs. For example my hydrofarm lumatek will run with an agro sun but the bwgs lumatek wont. Besides the diffetent plugs im guessing its set at anslightly higher frequency or something?

Have you heard id they will eventually be in that other case? Not a biggie, but i am going to hold until i fid out more on the 600w! Tjx for all your help.

Btw GOD, you build some nice rooms wish i knew someone out east that built em that nice

N

NugNation

yea 275 is a wicked price. My local hydro store sells them for ~390 retail. Right now they're doing a promotion for 30% off any complete light system which brings the quantum down to 275 as part of a package.

G

Green Supreme

Buncha kinds. Peace GS

ps. have heard good things about Nutrilife's electronic ballasts too

F

fiftythree33

The mellonhead hood looks really nice... not having to tape up a hood to seal it would be nice. I'll be sold if I can confirm the glass tube comes out in one piece and can be hung vertical.

ebbensmoke

ebbensmoke

I thought the melonheads would be cool but then i realized in one of big mikes old videos from kubbys garage that you loose five percent when passing through glass. So the logic for the melon heads would be one pass through glass going up to the top of the light and a secind pass through the glass reflecting back doen. Thoughts? Beaides that i like them and agree itd be easier to seal. Sorry for being off topic.

S

strawD

I thought the melonheads would be cool but then i realized in one of big mikes old videos from kubbys garage that you loose five percent when passing through glass. So the logic for the melon heads would be one pass through glass going up to the top of the light and a secind pass through the glass reflecting back doen. Thoughts? Beaides that i like them and agree itd be easier to seal. Sorry for being off topic.

actually, this is a good point. much of the light will actually be passing through the glass 3 times!! most hoods the light either goes right through the glass, or off some aluminum then through the glass. on these melon heads, 50% of the light from the bulb goes through the glass tube, reflects aluminum, and then much of it goes back through the tube 2x!

I just read a 52 page report on aircooled lighting patterns and footprints and hotspots, it'd be great to see the melonheads tested like them.

ebbensmoke

ebbensmoke

actually, this is a good point. much of the light will actually be passing through the glass 3 times!! most hoods the light either goes right through the glass, or off some aluminum then through the glass. on these melon heads, 50% of the light from the bulb goes through the glass tube, reflects aluminum, and then much of it goes back through the tube 2x!

I just read a 52 page report on aircooled lighting patterns and footprints and hotspots, it'd be great to see the melonheads tested like them.

thanks.... i also was wondering about "bell lighting". bike mike was plugging them for the marine aluminum hydro lights etc, but then stopped once they offered there own. makes me wonder.

also, that greners link above shows a 600w but at the same price as the 1k but in the other case. seems to be alot of mystery still around these ballasts . . .

Illmind

Illmind

Say that shit ain't so. That's also the reason I was gonna get one. If it still has RF interference fuc that bowl shit. It did lead me to a badass garden of super lemon haze though nice show by the dude.. hehe. That ballast makes more noise than my magnetic but I mount mine so they make less noise.

Illmind

Illmind

EMF and RF? They two different things. EMF is an electromagnetic field. RF is radio frequency. heh. Letys just say I know electricity.

G

goleboy

Anyone ever think of building a RF shielded box to enclose ballasts in ? Maybe mount them externally

Top Bottom