New Breeder advice for a new market

• Thread starter Delusionalthomas
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Delusionalthomas

Delusionalthomas

I’m re running my pheno of rainbow g that has an extremely citrusy mendo terp from smell to smoke all the way through to recheck my structure it’s not where I want I’d like to cross to get that heavy og calyx structure but preserve terpenes of the original rainbow g any breeding advice really appreciated im very new to this space and am trying to get into this for my legal market that just opened

New breeder advice for a new market
C

Chilly_01

I’m re running my pheno of rainbow g that has an extremely citrusy mendo terp from smell to smoke all the way through to recheck my structure it’s not where I want I’d like to cross to get that heavy og calyx structure but preserve terpenes of the original rainbow g any breeding advice really appreciated im very new to this space and am trying to get into this for my legal market that just opened
To achieve a heavy OG calyx structure while preserving the citrusy Mendo terpene profile of your Rainbow G strain, follow these steps:

1 Select an OG strain known for its pronounced calyx development, complementing Rainbow G's growth patterns and flowering times.

2 Choose Rainbow G phenotypes with consistent citrusy Mendo terpene profiles.

3 Use traditional breeding methods, like regular seed production, to cross a male OG plant with your selected Rainbow G females.

4 Perform backcrossing by crossing the hybrid offspring back to the original Rainbow G strain to stabilize and reinforce desired traits.

5 Evaluate and select progeny with both the heavy calyx structure and desired terpenes, along with other desirable traits like potency, yield, and resistance to pests.

6 Regularly test and analyze the progeny to ensure the desired traits are being passed down.

7 Be patient and persistent as breeding takes time and multiple generations. Keep detailed records to track progress

Delusionalthomas

Delusionalthomas

To achieve a heavy OG calyx structure while preserving the citrusy Mendo terpene profile of your Rainbow G strain, follow these steps:

1 Select an OG strain known for its pronounced calyx development, complementing Rainbow G's growth patterns and flowering times.

2 Choose Rainbow G phenotypes with consistent citrusy Mendo terpene profiles.

3 Use traditional breeding methods, like regular seed production, to cross a male OG plant with your selected Rainbow G females.

4 Perform backcrossing by crossing the hybrid offspring back to the original Rainbow G strain to stabilize and reinforce desired traits.

5 Evaluate and select progeny with both the heavy calyx structure and desired terpenes, along with other desirable traits like potency, yield, and resistance to pests.

6 Regularly test and analyze the progeny to ensure the desired traits are being passed down.

7 Be patient and persistent as breeding takes time and multiple generations. Keep detailed records to track progress
Thank you so much I appreciate the advice a lot I’ve wanted to start projects but I really wanted a proper way to get started the right way making the right decisions

Delusionalthomas

Delusionalthomas

...........really?
Well yea? I mean I’m extremely new to breeding cannabis so I wanted a bit of advice before I got into it it may seem dumb to you but honestly I’m just trying to find a way to make growing my full time job because I love doing it that much

Top Bottom