New Cali outdoor grow op questions

• Thread starter GotCookies7
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

GotCookies7

Hello everyone I have to tune in to receive some feedback from some experience outdoor/soil growers pots trees dank weed is what we need.

To start off we have a really nice plot (on a mountainous hill) it receives great sunlight. We are in the process of clearing the area to perfection which means chainsaw work, and some more debri clearing.

I had built a nice staircase from the top to plot 1 and plot 2. Here we will be talking about plot #2 which is our main big plot we are about to start. Clones/seeds starting now and more coming soon, there had been financial burdens a couple weeks ago that set our projections off 2 weeks to catch up and plan and plant and grow.

We both (my partner and I) want to grow in smart pots, expensive yes but they do oxygenate nicely and don't get too hot in the sun (we decided to ditch holes at least for now because top soil gets in and some other things but also we want to do a nice plot of 60 plants and 60 big holes is too much work right now, not wanting to get a whole lot of people helping knowing our private location. And I have noticed a big difference in the sizes of plants already by the size of their holes, anyways we wanted to do 45 gallon pots but since our delay we don't think the plants are going to veg all that big to compliment that space, or will it?

Here is what we want to do basically.

-60x plants in 30 Gallon smart pots
-Humbolt Locals "hot soil mix" -question here is after I mix do I need to let it sit for a certain amount of time before we can mix plants with it?
tomato cages for early support + netting for extra bud support later on
-I heard someone say something about slow releasing nitrogen and this seems like something important because they need a lot of this and don't want to get deficient in any area.
-we plan to take early control of the pests mildew etc anything before flower
-should we do ground matting? is it a luxury or is it very important keep pests away, keep it clean etc?
-we plan to bury the waterlines from the source to keep the cool.
-we plan to use dripper emitters like humbolt local exact amount not known yet
-we plan to use a good compost tea every 2 weeks or so for the flowering phase
-hay for the top of the soil

with all of this and done right according to plan and any new relevent feedback i may receive could i expect to see 1+ pounders? I am an experienced indoor grower howeveer uncertain what to expect outdoors. Next year I want to start the plants indoors or in greenhouse in like feb-march to really get them huge before flower but if we start vegging outdoor indicas now, what kind of yield could i hope for in 30 gallons with good mix, good ph, good phenos, etc etc saying everything is done right which it should be. basically my question is more leaning towards the amount of veg before flower this year can i still expect quality yields (1+lbs per plant)

3-4lbers would be nice, is this still a possibility?

all feedback would be appreciated, and time is of the essence, we suppose to have done this last month!

New cali outdoor grow op questions
New cali outdoor grow op questions 2
New cali outdoor grow op questions 3
G

GotCookies7

*this is definately not my best engish please disgregard i'm not some illiterate indian just stoned & tired.

it's problem

geologic

geologic

Old Pharmer
Supporter
*this is definately not my best engish please disgregard i'm not some illiterate indian just stoned & tired.

it's problem

Them thar "illiterate indian"s was growin ganja a hundred thousand years before you were born.

They could have given you a whole buncha tips and advice--

but fer some strange reason I don't think they woudda bothered...

ncga

ncga

Just a quick note before I head out to the garden

You are planning way to small. There is still a LOT of veg time left this summer so don't sell yourself short. I would do a minimum pot size of 45 with 65 working the best.

the yield depends on your skills and strains grown, also just important is how you plan to handle the Fall harvest. Do you have mold prevention products ? Do you have enough space if needed to pull and hang your plants ?

Lots of work need to grow good large plants

G

GotCookies7

Just a quick note before I head out to the garden

You are planning way to small. There is still a LOT of veg time left this summer so don't sell yourself short. I would do a minimum pot size of 45 with 65 working the best.

the yield depends on your skills and strains grown, also just important is how you plan to handle the Fall harvest. Do you have mold prevention products ? Do you have enough space if needed to pull and hang your plants ?

Lots of work need to grow good large plants

Thanks a lot I just shared this information with my partner. Both of us actually wanted to do 45 gallons but this was 1.5 months ago when we were planning on doing it but plan to do this now within next 2 weeks and thought it would be overkill, just don't know what to picture in my head.

What do we look out for towards harvest?? When do we expect to start seeing indicas flowering? aug-sep and harvest early october?

thanks

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
45 to 65 gallon holes need to be on 10'-12' centers...thats the size i run and they need every bit of 10' centers but 12' is much easier to manage

Look out for the late rains and the freeze, thats pretty much what sets your harvest schedule....mid August starts the flower run, somewhere around the 16th..indicas can come down in the last week of September to the first week in October...if ya have some cold frames you can stretch it into November if ya want

G

GotCookies7

Thanks TK

Wow 10' centers? We had only planned for 6'.

How much can we yield per plant starting them now and transplanted into 65 gal smart pots, pure indicas?

We have some sativas/and indicas in the ground now getting pretty big 5' ish now and looking great i'll take some pictures of those soon and our new plot which will be ready soon.

What would be the best way to setup 60x 65 gal pots on a hill on a 40 degree incline or so, some parts of the hill are too steap to walk and that's why I built stairs throughout the 2 plots.
We're thinking about making a "shelf" for each Pot/plant 6 rows of 10 with a fat tomato cage around them and maybe a bamboo stick in the middle with a wire attached about 2/3's up the stalk.

Also is tap water good or bad? Should we use a resevoir and PH? We do plan to use lime for the soil/pots then is tap okay? just want some insight am not sure if this is okay.

also what is a good water/feeding plan and efficient water delivery irrigation system for 65 gallon pots for thorough watering, I am leaning towards something like 1gph dripper emitters around rings (inner middle and outter ring)...

can probably think of more stuff to ask but this is good for now, thanks and GL!

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Your really behind the gun...Memorial day or the day after in the ground is a good rule of thumb for me and at the very least knee high by the 4th of July, just like corn but preferably waste to chest high by 4th of July though...daylight starts decreasing mid August and you ease into flower..tap water works just depends on the quality of it....tier off your inclines and make ledges, wanna cut your runoff and washout issues down as much as possible...on one setup I have (2) 4gph emitters per plant and I hit it twice a day for 15-30 minutes...another setup has (2) 16gph maxijet sprayers on each plant, all fed off a 1/2" feed line from the big tanks and pump

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
You can expect 1lb+, as long as you're mindful of how quickly the Smart Pots can dry out. If you go with organic soil food web methods, you don't need to mess around with pHing water or feed.

If you cover crop after the plants have a bit of a start, that helps increase and maintain soil biology, and it also really helps with keeping moisture in and shading the soil. I like small stuff like fenugreek.

G

GotCookies7

Thanks for the feedback much appreciated

some updates coming....

for now going to clear our plot decided on either 50 x 65 gallon smart pots or 30 65s/ 30 45s not sure yet.

Soil will be Empire got "everything" in it, also using activated compost tea forgot the name but has to stay refrigerated.

Will be getting a lot of clones because we're not sure if our seed will produce sex by our plant out projection time which is no later than July 7

can't wait to work in the sun on a 45 degree angle with snakes bugs sticks rocks knives oh I thought this was suppose to be easy :)

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Go with fifty 65s and be done with it. :) You'll get a crop, as long as it's not ripped.

Latest posts

Top Bottom