new desktop PC....please help!

• Thread starter hubcap
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

bucshott

Hey Hubcap See if you cant Take your Norton Disk An Trade for Kaspersky or better yet just Get yer $ back and go with any one of those FREE ones kill-9 was talkin bout. He seems to be abit more knowledgeable then myself.

Buc

I

indodoja

just download a trial copy of your favorite security suite. then keep rolling back the date one day. a ..say twenty er thirty er whatever day trial can last as long as you like. keep updating n rolling back the clock to be cheep... n secure.

K

kill-9

can i ask, specifically, why you dislike norton?
my old man works DoD and swears by it...
but these are work pcs behind major security from the start....

In the government scene, Software, just like weapons, it's made by the lowest bidder. Norton is just good with corporate institutions because they can offer 'skeleton keys' to clients. Norton has been around for a long time, it's just simply brand recognition at this point.

Norton is a joke really, they pop out "hacker alerts" for simple things like port scanning. So some random 10 year old kid does a ping all across a whole wide range of ip addresses and Norton will block a simple ping but give it's user a "I blocked a hacker gimme an attaboy!".

They use fear to make it's users feel better and sometimes it works.

Norton has so many vulnerabilites they can send a random exploit code and it shut down and crashes the firewall. It's like a fat security cop.

The code of the program has gotten so big over the years that it basically needs a rewrite, but it's a cash cow.

cant we nominate you as a resident "tech guru?"

got MY vote

-hubcap-

Thanks for the kind words, I just want to offer my advice, they're having a war against us and arresting us for non-violent things where there are no victims, fuck them. Of course if the government wants to hack some of us they will succeed, but let's not make it financially sound for most of the cases.

hubcap

hubcap

tell me the best security suite, in your opinion available today for WinXP

-hubcap-

K

kill-9

tell me the best security suite, in your opinion available today for WinXP

-hubcap-

Eeye Blink Professional:

http://www.eeye.com/html/products/blink/index.html

I've seen the Eeye guys at the Defcon Computer Security conference and Black Hat Briefings. One of the few/rare companies started by hackers themselves that actually know what they're doing.

Personally, I'd trust Nod32 and Kaspersky Suites as well with the contents of my computer. But you asked for the best, and that's Eeye's suite.

hubcap

hubcap

FOR ALL THAT DONT KNOW ALREADY

kill9 is the shit!

thanks alot for all you do for us wee-todds here.

HUGE help

-hubcap-

hubcap

hubcap

jdubz...
i can see the newegg page

tricky
whats 'black?"

-hubcap-

K

kill-9

Windows XP black edition is basically a pirated version of Windows XP that includes alot of security programs in the default install. But that could also mean someone can easily upload something malicious into it. There is no official site for it, obviously. Unless they wanna be sued up the ass by Billy Gates. So anyone with some bit torrent skills can upload their own version of black edition. I wouldn't recommend it.

Even if it were entirely legit and there were no viruses in it. You have a legit version of XP, and you'd just be getting a headache trying to find keys and subvert Microsoft's WGA authentication. All very easily done, but a waste of time.

Top Bottom