New EYE Hortilux Ballast

• Thread starter MissyGreen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Rushoe

Rushoe

shit check these out...

www.buddinghouse.com 250 for the hood with glass and bulb the whole light set up for 250 plus shipping....

They are knock offs of the raptor but these come with the ballast and 1000w dimmable to 110% output shit these hoods along at the shop are well over 250 even the xxxl someone posted this up on another site he said its working well...

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

I think that the point of the remote was because they have built in timers, so you can control the whole lot as one. Dimming and all. Saves the coin for a timer and a lighting controller. They also power up in a delayed sequence to avoid power spikes. Shit, I'll get an extra remote for the savings on the other items if you want to play it safe. Yes, it is a little inspector gadget. I saw it in action and it was the nicest ballast I ever saw. That's all I can say.

-TF

R

Resin

I think that the point of the remote was because they have built in timers, so you can control the whole lot as one. Dimming and all. Saves the coin for a timer and a lighting controller. They also power up in a delayed sequence to avoid power spikes. Shit, I'll get an extra remote for the savings on the other items if you want to play it safe. Yes, it is a little inspector gadget. I saw it in action and it was the nicest ballast I ever saw. That's all I can say.

-TF

w00T SolisTek, that ballast is like no other.... the remote sets the timer?! ^^
u mean i dont need to tinker with those POS digital timers that were not even designed for growers!!
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBlEt-_DmEw&feature=player_embedded[/YOUTUBE] watch!!

J

johnnycash

junk

Junk literal junk
shit check these out...

www.buddinghouse.com 250 for the hood with glass and bulb the whole light set up for 250 plus shipping....

They are knock offs of the raptor but these come with the ballast and 1000w dimmable to 110% output shit these hoods along at the shop are well over 250 even the xxxl someone posted this up on another site he said its working well...

J

johnnycash

Hortilux link

I replied to your quote but I dont know where it is. Check the specs.

Anyone seen these for sale yet somewhere?:

Quite a high MSRP, but you get a free bulb. Part of the Platinum Series....only the finest, marketing makes me laugh. :)

ttystikk

ttystikk

That price is ridiculous, and there's no dimming/overdrive feature? Get outta here...

K

kes5480

i could set up an entire 4x4 tent grow for that price

granted it wouldnt be top of the line brand name equipment but i could def pull it off, with the help of ebay and amazon.lol

R

rickisonline

shit check these out...

Those have an extremely large amp draw. Wonder why>?

dextr0

dextr0

Was looking at this Hortilux today; my question is what is the deal with the low frequency? That seems to be their selling point. They are saying that you will have less bulb problems then with other ballast because they are high frequency (other ballast). And bulbs are not made for high frequency....I think.

Anyway these interest me a lot; anyone have any more info they can share on low frequency?

dextr0

dextr0

So, yea I did a little digging yesterday and wanted to share some of my findings; and I got some questions...maybe someone got answers?

Lot of info im going off of was found here:

Ok; to my understanding the high frequency also can compromise your security. Does this mean that low frequency can help your odds of staying stealth. Alot of growers who arnt legal kept the magnetic ballast because of this problem. In looking the hotilux ballast up it runs at I believe 60hz, same as magnetic ballast. I know alot of you are looking at it like u got a good thing and thats cool...but im curious could this be the ballast that stealth growers have been looking for??

squarepusher

squarepusher

Their high price almost makes me never want to buy any of their bulbs ever considering how they gouge.

dextr0

dextr0

Their high price almost makes me never want to buy any of their bulbs ever considering how they gouge.

But at the same time if it comes to a personal grow there is no other bulb more advocated. I agree I dont like high prices; but piece of mind is priceless...

also the ballast is supposed to b made specifically to prolong the bulb you paid good money for.

It is funny that Advanced Nutrients ballast is cheaper. Hate for hotilux to get in the fert game.

Edit: some more info I found on AN Website

INTRODUCING THE MARKETS FIRST LOW FREQUENCY DIMMABLE DIGITAL BALLAST

Scientific testing shows current digital ballasts all take the same approach to operating lamps by using sawtooth wave forms operating at high frequencies (usually in the 20kHz-50kHz range or greater). Also, due to poor circuit design, they tend to have an unstable wave form as well as not maintaining constant output levels. This combination of wave instability and high frequency signal causes acoustic resonance greatly reducing lamp reliability and consistency. Compare that to the far right image of Advanced Nutrient's low-frequency ballast, totally engineered from the ground up to address these issues by operating at true low-frequencies….driving the lamp under conditions it was designed for perfectly matching available lamp technology... and... producing steady and consistent output levels to the lamp. The result is better performance, longer lamp life and more reliable lighting for your growing needs.

Quantum Dimmable 1000w Ballast
Operating Frequency: 33,000 Hz

Lumatek Super Lumen 1000w Ballast
Operating Frequency: 56,000 Hz

BaddAss Low Frequency 1000w Ballast
Operating Frequency: 100 Hz

I

indoorherbs

I've got a Baddass, it is appropriately named.

I can plug two hoods, one in the Baddass and one in the Quantum I have and you can definitely see which is which. Switch ballasts and it's the same thing, whichever one the Baddass is hooked up to is really noticably brighter.

I'm probably going to sell the Quantum to a buddy of mine and use that to help pay for a second Baddass.

Big J. Money

Big J. Money

Ordered one of these Horilux's a couple days ago for $570. Seems like an awesome ballast. Great technology. Very reliable. UL and ETL certified. Safe.
Way expensive, but I have a feeling it will be worth every penny.
I'll let yall know what I think when I get it. :cool:

Only 3 digital ballasts worth buying IMO are the Solis Tek, Phantom and Hortilux brands.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Okay, so I read this tech. bulletin from end to end and discovered a few interesting things. First, electronic ballasts are nowhere near as big an efficiency improvement as the backers make them out to be! I'm giving up 2-5% in total efficiency by staying with mag... at most. Second, they give some detail about why high frequency ballasts can screw up bulbs; 'swirling' in the gas envelope due to high freeq resonance. It's gonna be a long cold day in hell before the money I save on power consumption pays for the difference in price.

Ordered one of these Horilux's a couple days ago for $570. Seems like an awesome ballast. Great technology. Very reliable. UL and ETL certified. Safe.
Way expensive, but I have a feeling it will be worth every penny.
I'll let yall know what I think when I get it. :cool:

Only 3 digital ballasts worth buying IMO are the Solis Tek, Phantom and Hortilux brands.

I'm interested in your full report. I'm still pretty convinced I'm not hurting myself by sticking with magnetic ballasts.

Big J. Money

Big J. Money

Seriously? Take your magnetic versus digital argument elsewhere. I mean who is still debating that? Crawl out of your hole already.....

Anyways...anyone have any actual input on the Hortilux ballast? Or is everyone just gonna state how expensive it is.....blah blah blah.

Top Bottom