New Farmer Pre-flower?

• Thread starter Traviscorzin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Traviscorzin

Traviscorzin

hello
My aunt and I have recently started growing at her house. We are growing 5 plants. 3 from clone: Galactic Jack, Sunset Sherbet, and 24k Gold. 2 from seed that I found in good bud from local dispensaries: Platinum Girl Scout Cookies and "Lemon Cookies".
The clones were kept on a 24-0 light cycle for a week while trying to simultaneously adjust to being outside and a reduced light schedule. I'm pretty sure the timer I had didn't work properly and the girls got too much dark. This is our first time and we are still learning.
If this is indeed pre flowers, can I just leave them on the 18-6 light schedule and they will stop flowering naturally? How long will it take? And will this stunt growth?

New farmer pre flower
New farmer pre flower 2
New farmer pre flower 3
C

Commercial

24,18-6,16-8 hour light is veg and proper, formula depends on grow method.
24 no stretch
16-8 a lot
Darkness is never good unless ready to harvest.
Don't worry about stunt, it's to hard to predict, just grow.
Plants look great but I see nute burn. Back off on the nute overdose. Also looking a little yellow. Nitrogen uptake

Toaster79

Toaster79

Plants look great but I see nute burn. Back off on the nute overdose. Also looking a little yellow. Nitrogen uptake

Have another look at those pics, especially at those tips that are starting to claw and tell me again, where do you see lack of N. All I see is some clones in fres soil that is a bit on the hot side and too wet, and those plants are showing light N toxicity.

Toaster79

Toaster79

hello
My aunt and I have recently started growing at her house. We are growing 5 plants. 3 from clone: Galactic Jack, Sunset Sherbet, and 24k Gold. 2 from seed that I found in good bud from local dispensaries: Platinum Girl Scout Cookies and "Lemon Cookies".
The clones were kept on a 24-0 light cycle for a week while trying to simultaneously adjust to being outside and a reduced light schedule. I'm pretty sure the timer I had didn't work properly and the girls got too much dark. This is our first time and we are still learning.
If this is indeed pre flowers, can I just leave them on the 18-6 light schedule and they will stop flowering naturally? How long will it take? And will this stunt growth?

They don't seem to be flowering so I'd say youre fine. Since those are clones, they are comming from a sexually mature plant and showing preflowers is totally natural thing. Let them do their thing and don't love them to death.

Those black pots might get you in trouble pretty quick. They are gonna get darn hot in the sun and those roots are gonna start cooking. Also go easy on the water for now. Those plants haven't developed much root mass and cannabis needs wet/dry cycle to grow normally. Soggy, constantly wet soil won't get enough oxygen to the roots and they will start to rot. Also fungus gnats love wet soil and they will start to breed in there.

Happy growing and keep it green!

Last edited:
GanjaNGains

GanjaNGains

hello

Hard to tel from pic but I do not see any pre Flowers on her sometimes when the plants goes form one light source to another like a CFL to an LED or what have you they will go into a mild shock and show signs of pre flower there is a like I would say a 50/50 chance the plant wil snap out of it and go back into Veg stage I had that that happen recently to some clones I got and they were under 24 hour light and still pre flowered but snapped out of it but took some time

Traviscorzin

Traviscorzin

I absolutely love this site! I will definitely look out for the black pots getting too hot. When people say soil is hot, what exactly does that mean? I'm using the fox Farms ocean grow along with their nutrients. I haven't added any nutes with nitrogen yet I think. Their big bloom in some ph adjusted distilled water is what I've been giving them so far.

Irish063

Irish063

I'm by no means an expert.
Hot- is going to refer to the amount of amendments or nutrient providing additives in the soil. Like @Toaster79 said they don't have much of a root mass established yet so a little water and nutrition go a long way. That being said, if you are in Fox Farm Ocean Forrest (FFOF) and you just put them in there you should be good for the next 3 weeks or so before needing any nutes. At least, that's what I have been told before.
As far as using Big Bloom you will want to wait until they are actually flowering. The Nitrogen in the NPK ratio of that product is very low. During vegetative growth your plant will want more nitrogen than what Big Bloom provides. You may want to look at there Grow Big as far as a veg nute. I do not have a good recommendation on a good ratio. I will leave that for some other more experienced people to advise you on.

Welcome to the Farm.

Traviscorzin

Traviscorzin

@Irish063 good lookin out. I will definitely look into what the soils N-P-K is. I have the three fertilizers that my local osh had from Fox Farms as well. I was just going according to their schedule of feeding nutrients every other watering, just at half strength.

Irish063

Irish063

@Irish063 good lookin out. I will definitely look into what the soils N-P-K is. I have the three fertilizers that my local osh had from Fox Farms as well. I was just going according to their schedule of feeding nutrients every other watering, just at half strength.

For sure man. The soil should be fine. I have my girls in some of it in there last pots and they really liked it. A lot of people on here use it. The N-P-K you'll want to pay attention to in your case is on what ever supplemental nutrient line you choose. Ask your local shop about a nute for vegatative growth. The charts they provide are a good place to start to get an idea of what and how much to feed them. You may even want to go down to 1/4 strength. I'm learning small/young plants don't need a ton of nutes and can't use them all either. Definitely, see how the plant responds to what you give it.

Best of luck. Your girls look like they are doing great.

Traviscorzin

Traviscorzin

Thank you. I'm excited and it's hard to not love them too much. A little saving grace for me is that they are not where I live. They're like 20 minutes away but that prevents me from doing too much.

Looking into getting some 7 gallon fabric pots for my finishing pots. Any recommendations are greatly appreciated.

Irish063

Irish063

Yeah I hear ya about loving them too much.

I ordered mine from greenerhydroponics.com
I think they have a wharehouse in cali so it should get there pretty quick. I don't think they are the smart pot brand but no difference. I would only recommend not getting black ones for the reasons listed by other people already.

Farmer P

Farmer P

I once spray painted my black pots white. Another time I just wrapped some white paper around them and taped it on good. But yeah, black absorbs most of the light that hits it making it get super hot. Good luck and welcome to the farm!

Irish063

Irish063

I once spray painted my black pots white. Another time I just wrapped some white paper around them and taped it on good. But yeah, black absorbs most of the light that hits it making it get super hot. Good luck and welcome to the farm!
Nice, I was thinking of wrapping some frabric, like pillow cases or something cheap from Walmart before I transplanted them into fabric pots last weekend. We have had some crazy intense sun lately.

Top Bottom