New farmer

• Thread starter GreatfulShu
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GreatfulShu

GreatfulShu

First indoor grow op AMA. Love to have any and all input. Not sure bout a lot of things but I do know these autos have been vegging very long and for some reason have started to re veg but here they are... what y’all think? The last picture is of a sickly plant that suffered some cold temps from what I was told . I’m trying to save for a buddy of mine but don’t think it’s saveable

New farmer
New farmer 2
New farmer 3
New farmer 4
New farmer 5
Seraphine

Seraphine

Autos don’t go into reveg. Only photoperiods can revert back to a vegetative state. I would get a scope and check for pests under the leaves. They definitely have something going on there....

Also, just an observation, I would keep your tent floor clear of plant debri. It’s just an invitation for critters.

GreatfulShu

GreatfulShu

yea I know I got some cleaning to do. I was out of town for a few days. When I left they were plump and beautiful but came back to them in the shape you saw them in the pics. Could it be spider mites and if so is there any cheep home remedies ‘other than just cleaning the tent’ that I can do to correct the problem.
2nd question is could too much potash or phosphorus be to blame?

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

yea I know I got some cleaning to do. I was out of town for a few days. When I left they were plump and beautiful but came back to them in the shape you saw them in the pics. Could it be spider mites and if so is there any cheep home remedies ‘other than just cleaning the tent’ that I can do to correct the problem.
2nd question is could too much potash or phosphorus be to blame?
So if that happened over a few days it's not likely spider mites although that bottom picture looks exactly like mite damage I've had, so check for webbing and little white dots

Did somebody else feed them while you were away?

GreatfulShu

GreatfulShu

Just got done checking for bugs with a scope ; none that I can see, and for feeding right now I’m having to use GenHydro trio w/ FF lickedy split &calmag ph typically between 5.5 and 6. I am using well water so it’s pretty constant at that ph and growing in a coco base , currently i use the lift the pot method to know when to water
The lighting is a 1200w led 12 band spectrum at 16” height from canopy. W/18-6 light on/off
temp anywhere from 72-76 and 66 % humidity

GreatfulShu

GreatfulShu

@Beachwalker do I look for white spots on stalks or leaves and if spider mites do I need to remove other plants away from the one that looks really bad or too late probably on all plants in tent?

Seraphine

Seraphine

so With coco I don’t need to wait till it’s used up most of the water and dry. Just water same time everyday? And maybe half the amount of nutes yeah?
Feed every day. Coco is not like soil where you can suffocate roots if watered too much. Coco has much better O2 holding capacity so too much water won’t suffocate roots. Even if it’s looks or feels wet, feed. If you have a large pot, you can get away with feeding once per day. Smaller pots require 1-2 feeds per day. Feed until run off each time. Salt build up can lead to toxicity which will lockout nutrients

GreatfulShu

GreatfulShu

Thank you @Beachwalker and @Seraphine for your help I’ll follow instructions on feeding for a week or so and update this post with results.
@Seraphine I think you might be on to something with the salts locking out the nutes. Should I do a fresh flush before starting the new feeding schedule you suggested ?

Seraphine

Seraphine

Thank you @Beachwalker and @Seraphine for your help I’ll follow instructions on feeding for a week or so and update this post with results.
@Seraphine I think you might be on to something with the salts locking out the nutes. Should I do a fresh flush before starting the new feeding schedule you suggested ?
I would flush with plain pH water, then immediately follow up with a feed with half strength nutrients. Never let Them sit in the run off.

Seraphine

Seraphine

That’s the only bad thing about coco, you can’t be away from your plants without a drip line or someone else taking care of your plants. If you travel a lot, I recommend a drip line with proper drainage.

Seraphine

Seraphine

Also, if it helps, I found keeping my pH in the higher end of the spectrum is better. Like 5.8 - 6.3. Calcium and magnesium are absorbed best 6.2 so it’s best to keep your pH in a range, never the same every time.

GreatfulShu

GreatfulShu

Ok I’ll definitely have too look into a drip line cause I do have to be gone sometimes for a few days doing roofing out of town. And also I got ph up so I’ll up ph as you suggested. As far as the you can tell from the pics. Do you think with some babying for a bit they’ll bounce back alright or I guess a better question would be what kind of time frame you think till I see some change? Can it be as quick as a couple nights I start to see a difference?

GreatfulShu

GreatfulShu

And currently I’m doing the flush . And I never let them sit in the run off I always empty they’re drip pans

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

first off im curious of something you said earlier,did you by chance add potash and or phosphrus trying to make them flower?
you havent done any homework as far as growing goes ,but serpintine is leading you the right direction,flush and check the ppm when you think your close,what ever ph and ppm of water your using should be close to what your getting out in your runoff,when you have acheieved that or close then do you have strength feed,add your cal mag first then your nutes,coco has nothing and you for sure want it to have the cal mag it needs before food,they are mixed together,but what im saying is if your using 2ml per gallon water of cal mag,add that to your water then finish off your ppm count the rest of way with food.
i have very hard water and this is how i have to do it

Top Bottom