New Farmer

• Thread starter Punky0923
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Punky0923

Punky0923

Hello all,
New to growing and I started with a tent. I’m using simple nutrients and the tent is a Mars Hydro 3’x3’ with TS-1000 LED. I purchased clones and started them 18 days ago in Fox Farms Happy Frog Soil. Simple 18/6 light schedule and I will be adding a net to train horizontally. Left is Romulan Grapefruit and right is Knights Templar. Any input on their size? Is this a good size to start manipulating at? Also I’ve been adding my nutrient every other watering, is that enough? Thanks for any input and sorry if this isn’t where it’s supposed to be posted, I’m new to anything related to forums lol.

New farmer
HaveApuff

HaveApuff

Welcome to the farm! Plants look good so far. So, what are your plans...are you going to Top them and then LST to put under a SCROG, or are you just looking to LST them before you SCROG?

Punky0923

Punky0923

I’m going to top and LST before SCROG. I’ve never grown so it’s going to be interesting lol. I get the Gist of how to, it’s just the timing based on plant size I’m unsure of. These are growing about a node a day so I should be able to Top and start messing with them in the screen in about a week right? That would be around 25 days. Does that sound like the right track? Also should I just feed cal mag when they are put into flowering? Thanks for any thoughts!!

HaveApuff

HaveApuff

I top and LST and then place into a SCROG. First thing is to not rush the trellis so soon yet. You can top this plant around the 5th or 6th node from the bottom and let the nodes push up new branches from the remaining nodes. keep the shorter branches in towards the middle and the higher branches you can slowly bend down over the next few weeks (some people tie them down) so that you allow the bud sites to turn upward (which will help form your canopy later). Rather than give you a full detail of how I do it here now, I will help you along the way, but to fill a canopy and get the best efficiency for your lights, you need to let it veg longer so that when you flip the stretch can be controlled in those first few weeks of flower in your trellis. Be patient 😉👍

20220514 111306
20220524 162603
HaveApuff

HaveApuff

As far as feeding goes, I feed on every 4th watering in veg (water, water, water, feed). I add Cal/mag in every watering and feeding in veg as the plant looks for calcium and magnesium in its growth, but after flipping I change to a Mag/ Sulfur as the plant is still looking for magnesium, but now not so much calcium. I use Sweet "RAW" as sulfur aids in the ripening of the flowers more in the flowering stage and still provides the magnesium needed. But, if you do not have this Cal/mag will still work in flower as it will provide the magnesium still required by the plant(s). 👍

Punky0923

Punky0923

Welcome to the farm! Plants look good so far. So, what are your plans...are you going to Top them and then LST to put under a SCROG, or are you just looking to LST them before you SCROG?
I top and LST and then place into a SCROG. First thing is to not rush the trellis so soon yet. You can top this plant around the 5th or 6th node from the bottom and let the nodes push up new branches from the remaining nodes. keep the shorter branches in towards the middle and the higher branches you can slowly bend down over the next few weeks (some people tie them down) so that you allow the bud sites to turn upward (which will help form your canopy later). Rather than give you a full detail of how I do it here now, I will help you along the way, but to fill a canopy and get the best efficiency for your lights, you need to let it veg longer so that when you flip the stretch can be controlled in those first few weeks of flower in your trellis. Be patient 😉👍
I get it. I’m just on a bit of a time crunch but I know if I rush it’s gonna show in the end :( But hopefully they’ll grow like crazy in veg!!!

Punky0923

Punky0923

Here’s a bit of a quandary , I sprayed some mist into my little tent see how much it would increase the humidity and I’m fairly certain my Templar is showing signs of Rust. I haven’t searched anything up and it’s not completely widespread, however I feel like I’ve unnecessarily stressed my lil girl. I’ve noticed the fan has been blowing pretty vigorously and it shows n leaves from other side. I’ve since turned and noticed the rusty spots. It was pretty much within hours that I noticed the “ issues” . Plant still vigorously growing just need some thoughts???? I’m hoping just too much breeze.

70318D11 3BDB 4862 BBD1 7CCCA1B10076
Last edited:
HaveApuff

HaveApuff

When you say you sprayed a mist into your tent, I'm not quite certain what you mean exactly...a bottle mister? Since this is a humidity issue you are concerned with, understanding your venting practices would help. Like do you draw air into your tent from the outside somehow, or from a room outside your tent (lung room)? How do you circulate air in and out of your tent? This would be more helpful in understanding your possibilities for more control with humidity👍 Was this problem you noticed on the leaves (more right side of leaf in photo) in which these rust spots are showing the most, that you misted? I've also gone back up to review your earlier photo, and though they look good, I do notice a slight tacoing of the upper leaves of your plants, which raises concerns that maybe your plants are getting to close to your light(s) as they grow toward them, and it may be time to raise them up, or dim them back a little, as this in not clear in the photos. If you could provide a bit more information, and add more photos to show your set up I might have some suggestions to help 👍

Punky0923

Punky0923

When you say you sprayed a mist into your tent, I'm not quite certain what you mean exactly...a bottle mister? Since this is a humidity issue you are concerned with, understanding your venting practices would help. Like do you draw air into your tent from the outside somehow, or from a room outside your tent (lung room)? How do you circulate air in and out of your tent? This would be more helpful in understanding your possibilities for more control with humidity👍 Was this problem you noticed on the leaves (more right side of leaf in photo) in which these rust spots are showing the most, that you misted? I've also gone back up to review your earlier photo, and though they look good, I do notice a slight tacoing of the upper leaves of your plants, which raises concerns that maybe your plants are getting to close to your light(s) as they grow toward them, and it may be time to raise them up, or dim them back a little, as this in not clear in the photos. If you could provide a bit more information, and add more photos to show your set up I might have some suggestions to help 👍
Hello and thanks for responding,
Sorry I did in fact leave out some vital info on my grow. Secondly I think I’m suffer from helicopter parent syndrome?? Lol , I may be overthinking and over reacting to some level. Maybe I smoked too much last night and overreacted? Still I would like to know if something , especially fungus or smuts , or diseases may be present and unknown to me as my background is more related to agronomy grass not this kind of grass lol. I have a more than sufficient variable speed blower motor(extraction fan) with a charcoal cylinder attachment. Humidity is typically at 48-54%. What may have happened as you noted “ tacoed” leaves. Yep I had that side of the plant on the fan side and it got the hurricane force wind for a day before I noticed. It’s also Not widespread not on the other plant. I don’t handle plants simultaneously as to prevent cross contamination. Then in the spot I photographed, I still had the fan on the plant when I spray bottle misted , sorry I failed to mention that, trying to adjust Humidity. Then next day I noticed the “ rust “ looking area. And no , the netting is not being used yet, I just wanted to have it in there for future use.

BB5BECEC 675D 4493 9DA2 DF091F57CED7
0D5779F7 36B6 453B A5E6 1CFFF98AB063
freezeland2

freezeland2

Hello all,
New to growing and I started with a tent. I’m using simple nutrients and the tent is a Mars Hydro 3’x3’ with TS-1000 LED. I purchased clones and started them 18 days ago in Fox Farms Happy Frog Soil. Simple 18/6 light schedule and I will be adding a net to train horizontally. Left is Romulan Grapefruit and right is Knights Templar. Any input on their size? Is this a good size to start manipulating at? Also I’ve been adding my nutrient every other watering, is that enough? Thanks for any input and sorry if this isn’t where it’s supposed to be posted, I’m new to anything related to forums lol.
Is the plant on the left revegitating?

Punky0923

Punky0923

Is the plant on the left revegitating?
Well it’s Still veggging if that is what your asking. Does it look off or odd in some way? They aren’t in flower yet and the net is just in there until it’s needed

Top Bottom