• Thread starter Punky0923
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
HaveApuff

HaveApuff

Oh, and it can be challenging at best the first time...I know! 😉😆😆

Punky0923

Punky0923

Yes, you are correct that you should have done a topping sooner and allowed more branches to grow out, but for a first timer you are doing great 😁, and if anything this is where you learn...through your own failures and accomplishments 👍 8 days into flower means you are still going to get a little more stretch, so you can continue to move your bud sites on your branches along your SCROG to keep them spread out and even....but by third week stretch will start to subside and bud sites will start to fatten up from that point until finish...so, you only have so much time before you finish weaving your plants in under the SCROG. Also, to help promote growth of the canopy, you might lower your SCROG a little and use this to help spread the branches a little more, and you should trim up all the leaves and larf below your trellis, as this area will not get the light needed to produce anything worthwhile once your canopy starts to fill in anyway. Help promote growth to the canopy, if you understand, but must work fast as stretch is happening now 👍😉
Im sure it’s still going to produce only hoping it’s going to be substantial 😀 and like you said , it’s all learning so nothing was wasted!😌
I guess both are supposed good producer’s so maybe I’ll be surprised? I will certainly heed your recommendations and keep trying to spread out. As far as “larf”, I’m hesitant to know how much to remove ( the plants have short node spacing so there’s a lot of available bud sites sprouting)from below my screen. I’ll hit it again this weekend and take as much off as looks necessary, I’m still a bit reserved when cutting away so much of a beautiful plant lol. I thought by 3rd week I would show some photos and see what the thoughts would be on them, and that would be my last opportunity to do any trimming. However, they are flowering now, and there’s a lot of trichomes already showing on leaf surfaces. And they are stinky! So maybe I should trim before this weekend? Here’s a not so amazing closeup, still pretty cool
4398CEA4 B2BA 49B4 8D41 4963903B8FB7
4DCD9184 83EA 4EB1 BE47 A20DC3A930C8
695AE6F0 2EBD 4F67 AF91 1242DB7E0B99
7BD21EFB 207A 458F 9225 E2178A9143CF

HaveApuff

HaveApuff

I hear your concerns about trimming, but you still have weeks to go and lots of growth yet to happen...any unnecessary larf will only steal away from your canopy above the trellis and there will be still lots of growth at the top where the light is, and this far out ways larf buds from the bottom that won't give you what you are looking for. In saying that, I saw some of your bud sites just below your trellis, hence I suggest a little lowering of your trellis to incorporate those tops into your SCROG 👍 Also, look below your trellis, and if you can see that a top (bud site) on a branch can be manipulated upwards to the center and will reach the threshold of your trellis, weave it up to the center of you plant and trim the larf below....this will generate all the production to the top of your canopy and your bud sites, which will enjoy the light for a better evenly (mostly) over your canopy and produce a better product and overall yield 😉 Even if you wait until after your stretch is done and then trim, it will help the canopy developed better 👍

Last edited:
HaveApuff

HaveApuff

This is a photo of an early SCROG grow I did , which shows that after 5 days of growth you will see a quick growth to the top of my canopy, just from keeping the bottom trimmed up and the plants weaved into the trellis....I hope this helps you to understand you still have at least 6-7 weeks before you finish 👍

20210520 122650
20210525 212920
Punky0923

Punky0923

This is a photo of an early SCROG grow I did , which shows that after 5 days of growth you will see a quick growth to the top of my canopy, just from keeping the bottom trimmed up and the plants weaved into the trellis....I hope this helps you to understand you still have at least 6-7 weeks before you finish 👍
Im on it!😁

Punky0923

Punky0923

Well while probably failing at scrog lol I am still getting results, and the whole process makes me happy either way😃! Sorry about the photos, I was using my hand loop to zoom so it’s kinda blurry. I just wanted to show them , I thought they look so amazing close up! Just over 2 weeks on flower
4EF99E3C 0219 4550 8A32 1A95EF56DE9F
5403CA5D 2697 440F ABE5 1EB4569B85F0
A3362695 26B6 4B57 9E5E 87B3115AE813

sambapati

sambapati

Punky0923

Punky0923

Here’s a few photos of my grow, not a lot new aside from some growth. I didn’t really see stretch but the buds are getting frosty quick. But…. Are they where they should be?
I feed according to directions of nute, 7-4-10, 1 tbs per gallon during flowering, plus my cal mag 1/2 tbs per gallon and Molasses 2tbs per gallon, I’m watering every 2-3 days at this point ,fertilizing very 3rd water, temp at 77, Humidity 37-51 depending on watering typically 44%. So, explosive Bud Growth for the next 4 weeks??? I hope so! 😃 Should I use more per feeding, Just not sure if I can push them or if they are looking just right.
A60F1CDB 407D 425A 913E AEE24EF0773F
8778A8B8 A7FD 4F94 8052 5127A47545EB
02441482 3E15 45F0 9F0C 747E167DF0E7

sambapati

sambapati

Here’s a few photos of my grow, not a lot new aside from some growth. I didn’t really see stretch but the buds are getting frosty quick. But…. Are they where they should be?
I feed according to directions of nute, 7-4-10, 1 tbs per gallon during flowering, plus my cal mag 1/2 tbs per gallon and Molasses 2tbs per gallon, I’m watering every 2-3 days at this point ,fertilizing very 3rd water, temp at 77, Humidity 37-51 depending on watering typically 44%. So, explosive Bud Growth for the next 4 weeks??? I hope so! 😃 Should I use more per feeding, Just not sure if I can push them or if they are looking just right.
View attachment 1260465View attachment 1260466View attachment 1260467
More isn't required....They look nice as they sit, last 4 weeks could hit them with UV light 4 hours daily for higher Brix scores....

C

Christos1974

Hello all,
New to growing and I started with a tent. I’m using simple nutrients and the tent is a Mars Hydro 3’x3’ with TS-1000 LED. I purchased clones and started them 18 days ago in Fox Farms Happy Frog Soil. Simple 18/6 light schedule and I will be adding a net to train horizontally. Left is Romulan Grapefruit and right is Knights Templar. Any input on their size? Is this a good size to start manipulating at? Also I’ve been adding my nutrient every other watering, is that enough? Thanks for any input and sorry if this isn’t where it’s supposed to be posted, I’m new to anything related to forums lol.
Welcome, your girls are looking good 👍

Punky0923

Punky0923

I know that my plants will lose some leaves during flower, however these are only at 4 weeks and my Romulan is acting like it’s in its 6th week! Here’s some photos as I’m not sure this is completely normal, if it’s a problem I guess I really need help! It should still be in flower for another 4 weeks according to this strains grow cycle, it’s also supposed to be more trait to diseases and pests. They’re not brown it’s actually light purple coloration mixed with the yellow.
BB58C2FF E0A3 4069 834C 69257A058A2F
BD1EDC87 4FC5 443B 9351 9B67DBC47FDF

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Hmmm, should I hit her with any specific nutes? I’ve been using 7-4-10 but this plant has been iffy since i brought it home as a clone.
No thats fine… did you reduce concentration of feed or not adjust for an increase as it grew?

Punky0923

Punky0923

No thats fine… did you reduce concentration of feed or not adjust for an increase as it grew?
I have been feeding the same as my other plant which was 1/2 tsp Per gallon. Then when I switched to 12/12 light schedule I moved to 2 tsp per gallon. But I also haven’t tried to feed it more, the Dark Heart site that it’s from stated that it was a heavy feeder but to me , a newbie, I don’t know what that would be so I’ve stayed with the mfg suggestion.

sambapati

sambapati

I have been feeding the same as my other plant which was 1/2 tsp Per gallon. Then when I switched to 12/12 light schedule I moved to 2 tsp per gallon. But I also haven’t tried to feed it more, the Dark Heart site that it’s from stated that it was a heavy feeder but to me , a newbie, I don’t know what that would be so I’ve stayed with the mfg suggestion.
How about a tsp of spirulina powder to add vitamins and minerals....

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yeah that’s probably why… different plants need to be treated differently. If your deals with all clones then generally they all get the same treatment. Thats one of the challenges of growing multiple strains

Latest posts

Top Bottom