New Grow 4 Strains..

• Thread starter bstilwell1988
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bstilwell1988

bstilwell1988

Anyone use them just to keep soil moist for about 9 hours????

bstilwell1988

bstilwell1988

Here a nug shot..
IMAG0182

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

Really dude, Keystone Light? That stuff is only good for drinking games, not actual drinking. Go get some real beer.

What size pots are you in? Are you watering to the point of run off? What is your light schedule? Are your lights turning on at 4 when you get home or are they on before that. Maybe you should be watering once at lights on and again at lights off. But I have a feeling that if you just give more at each watering you will only have to water once a day.

I have never used the globes so I cannot give an honest opinion on those. However it really does not cost much to set up a drip feed system, so that is a perfectly viable option for you. Also maybe you should check out Blumats, they have had some very good reviews for quite a long time now.

bstilwell1988

bstilwell1988

Ballen on a budget homie. 6 pack of 16 oz cans comes out to 5 bucks. Otherwise I brew my own beer. Tastes somewhat like shocktop except with oranges and some lemon. It's really good my friends r always saying I need to start up an actual brewery and sell my beer along with others or just sell the recipe which my grandfather gave me before he died. I wont sell it. ANYWAYS pots are 5 gallon from lowe's silver color, 3 bucks a piece but I wish I did at least 7 gallons. But I've dialed it in now. I call my girlfriend on my first break at 9:30 to water every plant with a Dixie cup of water I have premixed already or just ph'd depending on day. I'm home by 3:30 soil is dry again but still everything's good so I water again with about 2.5+ Dixie cups per plant till run-off and everyday buds are getting bigger. Tmrw is start of week 6 :) 2 of my plants finish attach 8-9 weeks one finishes 9-10- and the other10-11. But its all about tricomes and I have a scope for that.. I'm so ready to harvest and make some wax... lol oh ya and smoke some fire :ooOO

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

Honestly that just doesn't sound like nearly enough water. Don't forget water will drain out of dry soil quickly. I would try getting each of those buckets totally saturated. Do your regular waterings, but then do it all over again that same day. Hopefully that should help keep your pots from totally drying out. You may still need to do daily waterings, but it will keep your plants happy and give you abuffer if you should accidentally miss a day of watering.

bstilwell1988

bstilwell1988

Thanks man the whole grow room smells like skywalker which is just one of the plants. Smells amazing and so glad I cloned them all. And next time I'm doing 7 gal pots for sure and try 6 plants in the tent. It will be a tight squeeze after training. Keep postin brotha I love the comments and I'm watchin your thread to! ~THINK GREEN~

bstilwell1988

bstilwell1988

Ive used root pots and I honestly dont like them. They leak valuable nutes and watter and I didnt notice a difference in growth or quality. I havent tried the smart pots tho

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

If you really wanna be ballin out of control, use those air pots or smart pots. That's what I'm going to do next time. Even small ones indoors have to promote way healthier root systems vs plastic pots.
There are actually plastic ones that bang as well "Root Maker" nice pics!

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

Ive used root pots and I honestly dont like them. They leak valuable nutes and watter and I didnt notice a difference in growth or quality. I havent tried the smart pots tho

I use the Smart Pots outside for my hot peppers, and I love them. There is absolutely a difference in the root development. I have had a Banana tree in an Air-Pot for over a year; there is absolutely no way that plant would have survived in a standard plastic pot of the same size, so they really do work as promised. The only times I have seen my water and nutes run out the holes of the Air-Pot was when the soil had dried out too much or if I put the pot together upside down. If the soil is well moistened it will soak up most all of the water and nutes you are applying. But then again Cannabis is really a short season crop and there may be no advantage of the aeration pots in such a short growing cycle.

Mrgrow

Mrgrow

bstillwell, just wanna ask you one question which I have trouble with myself... How do you get ur plant to grow such nice colas? Mine seem to only grow 1 :(

Thx

Bannacis

Bannacis

nice thread, great girls brstilwell... I love the 5 gallon buckets, but also up to the 7's. 2.5 Dixie cups? in a 5ver? half gallon maybe.... sounds like you have a very light mix. if it drains out bottom that quick.
What you can do is put trays under your buckets and you pour in enough water that it will catch in tray, and be sucked back up when plant needs it.
And love LST and supper cropping, its like training your little girl to be as big as Arnold Swartzenganja...

Air pots... good deal... the more air to your roots the better... on my buckets I would drill holes up the side for more air, plus when the roots exposed them selves to light they stopped. which encourage root growth back towards center of pot.

Top Bottom