New "grow Beast" From Sun Light Supply

• Thread starter Seed Buyer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
soserthc1

soserthc1

Price doesnt include ballast or de lamp . ....why have all those lights in one place you ask , well its kinda like house powering out your mustang when the max speed in 65 mph .

Because you can and more is better :) unless its jail time

S

Seed Buyer

I have wanted to see a grow with DE's over top and lec 315's hung vertically between rows or trees.

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

@GR33NL3AF I agree buddy,this configuration makes no sense at all.....

I use the 315's in my veg room,and the DE 1000's in flower.
Both work excellent ,but it's hard to see how combining them like this is worthwhile,or very efficient....
Ya, it's a stretch.

Been awhile Waayne, hope all is well!

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Maybe a 600 watt de with lec's may work but this beast is useless! Great for the tent gardener that wants to fry some plants!!
Sunlight knows enough suckers exist so looks like they will combine anything to make A buck regardless of purpose.
I always thought the 1000watt bulb needed help from the lec

S

Seed Buyer

Maybe the Grow Beast will crash and burn but I give props to Sun Light for trying to push the envelope. The other heavy hitters in the industry( Hydrofarm and Bloomington Wholesale) just take what Sun Light makes and have the Chinese copy it. Props for the innovators, F the duplicators. I agree that DE's and LEC's are game changers.

Bull Trout

Bull Trout

What I see here is high priced fixture with multiple capabilities. If I were to buy this fixture, i would veg with 315 w 4100K bulbs then utilize a Philips bulb and a gavita remote ballast for flower, with the ceramics off.

@GR33NL3AF , I have been running these (sunlight LEC 315w 240 w ) for months and there is extreme veg production at 48" above canopy. In fact the wide spectrum available to the plants readies the vegers for the high intensity of the DE. Where IME if you throw plants veg plants from a t5 under a DE they are toast within in days.

And the whole 30 inch distant statement is fuzzy math. In real grow room use these things Ceramic LEC 315w are the best lighting thing to come along for indoor gardening. I run them above cuttings at 48" and the y are stout and solid and ready for the intensity of the D/E 1000w. I have been playing since 86 with HIDs (shoplights salvagee from a warehouse) and everything else offered since. Nothing compares to the ceramic 315 LEC as far as spectrum or par per watt.

Last edited:
GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

How is that fuzzy math? 1" x 30 = 30 inches...PAR/LUMENs decrease every inch you raise the fixture.

When we had this fixture tested in a lighting laboratory 30" was the magic number. Nothing fuzzy about it. Everyone's idea of vigor is different and all we can do is take your word for the growth rate, but I will say this, that one fixture is not going to solve all your problems.

And to adjust your first paragraph; the Philips bulb was only the 'shit' with Gavita's first generation equipment, it's now absolute sense they manufacture EVERYTHING in China. There is new and improved tech out there now, but I'll keep my industry secrets to myself.

Bull Trout

Bull Trout

@GR33NL3AF Ok my bad the math is on point as far intensity decreasing as the light distance increasing. Not trying to have a pissing match... All Im saying is the growth rate during veg under the LEC especially with the 4200 K bulb is unparalleled due to the spectrum compared to other lights that are currently available to the masses. Especially for the price point. Try vegging under a DE Philips or similar and compare. The LEC prepares the teens for the insity of 1000 w DE. As far as your insider trade secrets... it sounds interesting if they have something new that doesn't cost thousands like the plasmas available. When the price comes down Im sure plasmas will be the next go to tool.

Top Bottom