New "grow Beast" From Sun Light Supply

• Thread starter Seed Buyer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Greeneye04

Greeneye04

Yes.. I have six of them In a row overlapping light.. I also agree they do best with 4 per tray and pulled all the way to the corners.

Oldmanstoner

Oldmanstoner

I heard they run 5 lecs per 4x8 in flower,not sure on yield or plant count.I think these are the lights they are using(and selling),
http://sustainablegt.com/

Looks like the boulder light one I have except for the pretty black trim.

Yea this really looks like the one I have, the best thing is you can daisy chain up to 10 at 240. Outside of that
I think the hood of sunlight is better or prettier, lol. At least i would say sunlight has better light directly under the light hood but then the ones you posted has wider coverage if that makes any sense?

Last edited:
GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

Hydrofarm is entering the LEC market as well. Monkey see monkey do I guess. I heard Phillips will not warranty LEC lamps from Hydrofarm as they are using a Chinese driver and not the Phillips driver.

https://www.hydrofarm.com/p/PHR3150
Holy Cow batman, screw the warranty, who needs that these at 150 bucks? I will have to check these out! Sounds to good tho, so..........
The price on that fixture is WAY too low to trust, there's something going on there that doesn't meet the eye.

S

Seed Buyer

That is just the reflector not the ballast for $150. I guess Hydrofarm has not put their LEC ballast on their website yet.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Price doesnt include ballast or de lamp . ....why have all those lights in one place you ask , well its kinda like house powering out your mustang when the max speed in 65 mph .

Because you can and more is better :) unless its jail time
LOL @soserthc1 Man after me own heart. Tim Allen syndrome. Didnt have enough power and had to rewire it. Rugff Rugff :cool:

Oldmanstoner

Oldmanstoner

Yea and it's air cooled, lmfao! And hinged glass, are these people stupid! I do think my sun lights weigh 15 lbs with ballast n light.

Greeneye04

Greeneye04

This is week 4 of veg.. They have 2 more weeks in these trays before going to the flower room. Double dpaps set @120%

R

RPDC

Do we have anyone in here that is flowering with LEC's? I'm working on new tent packages for Monster Garden's and considered creating a few that were strictly LEC.

Greenleaf - I saw the Monster Garden LEC/LEP comparison video, which was perfect btw. I'm wondering about a couple comments in this thread though. Earlier, you said 30 inches was the sweet spot for the 315 fixtures (I think that's what you were referring to), but the LEC/LEP vid put it at 18 inches for the 315. Am I mixing something up?
Also, I see why a 1000w DE in between two 315s would be a bad mix, but what about using a 600w DE in this fixture? Seems like flowering with 50/50 LEC/DE HPS would be a good mix, and the fixture could still be around 24 inches from the canopy. You guys' video pointed out that the 315 fixture is ideal for a 2.5x2.5 area, so having two 315s over say a 5x2.5 area (if you're growing tall plants), and then firing up the 600 DE during flowering, seems like a nice solution if you're putting together packages for people who don't want to buy multiple fixtures. The "grow beast" is obnoxiously named, but it's cheaper than buying two of the 315 fixtures, and you get the DE fixture as a bonus. (Also, the 630 fixture has the bulbs horizontal and closer together - this fixture is only $75 more, which seems worth it just to get the bulbs vertical and spaced out).
If you're doing a single light for a tent, this fixture with 4100k bulbs and a 600w 2k DE bulb would seem like a good package. Thoughts??

MidniteGardener

MidniteGardener

The spectrum on the LEC is amazing, as well as the ability to light a 4x4 perfectly for veg. I got one to replace the 400w MH I was using. The nodes have never been tighter except vegging under T5. Stems get really strong as well. I was considering replacing 2x 1Kw with 6 of these bad boys over a 4x8. You won't save much on electricity but the advantage is uniformity of light spread and spectrum. The only problem is cost, just like LED. Sure I can replace all my lights but my yield probably won't improve much, so I'll probably keep trucking along with HPS until I have to buy new equipment.

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

Greenleaf - I saw the Monster Garden LEC/LEP comparison video, which was perfect btw. I'm wondering about a couple comments in this thread though. Earlier, you said 30 inches was the sweet spot for the 315 fixtures (I think that's what you were referring to), but the LEC/LEP vid put it at 18 inches for the 315. Am I mixing something up?
Also, I see why a 1000w DE in between two 315s would be a bad mix, but what about using a 600w DE in this fixture? Seems like flowering with 50/50 LEC/DE HPS would be a good mix, and the fixture could still be around 24 inches from the canopy. You guys' video pointed out that the 315 fixture is ideal for a 2.5x2.5 area, so having two 315s over say a 5x2.5 area (if you're growing tall plants), and then firing up the 600 DE during flowering, seems like a nice solution if you're putting together packages for people who don't want to buy multiple fixtures. The "grow beast" is obnoxiously named, but it's cheaper than buying two of the 315 fixtures, and you get the DE fixture as a bonus. (Also, the 630 fixture has the bulbs horizontal and closer together - this fixture is only $75 more, which seems worth it just to get the bulbs vertical and spaced out).
If you're doing a single light for a tent, this fixture with 4100k bulbs and a 600w 2k DE bulb would seem like a good package. Thoughts??
In my personal findings I thought 30" was the right distance for the 315, however, on the spectrometer the readings pointed to 18".

I like the idea of a 600w in the middle MUCH better.

Thanks for watching the videos brother!! Things are crazy busy over here!

E

Ellis Diesel

These lights are designed to be 18-24 inches from your canopy on a variable speed mover. Ive been using one for a few months now and have had outstanding results with way less electrical usage. 2 of these on movers can cover 96 square ft. (3 - 4x8 trays).
First run with 2 of these was just under 6 lbs.

Top Bottom