New Grow - G-13 and MotherLode

• Thread starter SweetLeafGrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

Greetings Fellow Cultivators!
I have just finished up my first successful grow here at the Farm and am moving on the the next, all important medicinal cannabis cancer miracle cure, which I am dedicating to one of my favorite bands, Black Sabbath.

Those old enough might have recognized I took my Farm handle from a very cool Black Sabbath song called Sweet Leaf which just so happens to be about our beloved Cannabis flower. One of my new friends here at the Farm had named his plants, so I decided to take a page out of @AmokNewb book and name these plants this time around. Let me introduce you (starting back left, moving clockwise) to Geezer Butler, Bill Ward, Tony Iommi, and last but not least, Ozzy.

New grow   g 13 and motherlode

Geezer, Bill, and Tony are all G-13 strain and Ozzy is a strain by Sannie Seeds called MotherLode that I got from @Poekie. I started out with two of each, but only one of the two MotherLode seeds I had sprouted after a week so I quickly got another G-13 seed in the soil which came up about 3 days later and is about a week behind the others.

A few specifics about this grow.

Stonington Blend Soil by Coast of Maine - 5 gal fabric pots
3x3 tent with MarsHydro TSW 2000
Distilled water with homemade cal/mag added
Nutrients-
Roots Organics Terp Tea nutrients which includes Grow, Bloom, Bloom Booster, Microbe Charge microbial supplement
Real Growers Recharge Microbial supplement
Organic Fish Bone Meal
New grow   g 13 and motherlode 2

These seeds went in the soil on the 11th of August, although it could have been the 18th. I didn't write it down and I have been pretty loopy for the past several weeks since starting the ROS treatments. I am hoping to keep better track of this grow now that I started a thread for it! I am using the same soil from the last grow but will be feeding with the Terp Tea Grow and the microbe boosters during veg and then a transition to the bloom nutrients once I flip to flower since this soil is most likely very depleted of nutrients at this point. They started out in 4" peat pots and I transplanted them into the 1/2 gal pots already, and they will eventually go in 5 gal fabric pots for the rest of the grow.

BionicKroniK

BionicKroniK

I have just finished up my first successful grow here at the Farm and am moving on the the next, all important medicinal cannabis cancer miracle cure, which I am dedicating to one of my favorite bands, Black Sabbath.

Those old enough might have recognized I took my Farm handle from a very cool Black Sabbath song called Sweet Leaf which just so happens to be about our beloved Cannabis flower. One of my new friends here at the Farm had named his plants, so I decided to take a page out of @AmokNewb book and name these plants this time around. Let me introduce you (starting back left, moving clockwise) to Geezer Butler, Bill Ward, Tony Iommi, and last but not least, Ozzy.

View attachment 1167964

Geezer, Bill, and Tony are all G-13 strain and Ozzy is a strain by Sannie Seeds called MotherLode that I got from @Poekie. I started out with two of each, but only one of the two MotherLode seeds I had sprouted after a week so I quickly got another G-13 seed in the soil which came up about 3 days later and is about a week behind the others.

Nutrients-
Roots Organics Terp Tea nutrients which includes Grow, Bloom, Bloom Booster, Microbe Charge microbial supplement
Organic Fish Bone Meal
View attachment 1167965

These seeds went in the soil on the 11th of August, although it could have been the 18th. I didn't write it down and I have been pretty loopy for the past several weeks since starting the ROS treatments. I am hoping to keep better track of this grow now that I started a thread for it! I am using the same soil from the last grow but will be feeding with the Terp Tea Grow and the microbe boosters during veg and then a transition to the bloom nutrients once I flip to flower since this soil is most likely very depleted of nutrients at this point. They started out in 4" peat pots and I transplanted them into the 1/2 gal pots already, and they will eventually go in 5 gal fabric pots for the rest of the grow.
Love the names...They're looking good too, nice job...Enjoy! 👍 😎

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

Love the names...They're looking good too, nice job...Enjoy! 👍 😎
Thanks bro, but I am having a bit of a hard time seeing my rock legends identifying as Female so I may rename them. 🤣

Awesome man I’ll be watching! Hey you picked up the recharge I was really pushing that one man that’s a great product. Im gonna reuse my soil after this next run too.
Thanks bro, yea, I got that on your word and so far it seems great.

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

So I have been absent from the Farm except for looking occasionally at some threads I have been following. I've sorta checked out while I am on this cannabis cancer therapy. The RSO therapy is a lot more intense than I had imagined with unanticipated side effects. I have also started a new part time job and have been very tired ALL THE TIME. That is good because I know my body is healing and the rest is the best thing in the world for me right now. In some ways, I am glad to be working; others, not so much.

The good news is I have travelled to another legal state where the best of friends hooked me up with the remainder of flower that I needed to finish out my cancer treatment! I simply cannot afford $300 an ounce at the dispensaries here in my home state. I got 10 ounces off my first grow (not enough, need about a pound), and God has provided in abundance leaving me with about 2 lbs of potent flower, and I found out who my REAL friends are. Praise God.

So as far as this update, these plants have suffered a bit because of the above, and as well, I am still a novice grower with much experience to be gained! I am reusing the soil from the last grow and I did not amend it. My inexperience showing itself perhaps, but it is what it is. I did feed with some organic fertilizer that I had from Walts Organics, which I did mix in about 1/4 cup in each 1/2 gallon pot that I transplanted them into from the 4" peat pots. I also gave them about 1/4 cup of fishbone meal. Then when I moved them to the 5 gallon fabric pots, I again fed with the Walts Organics fertilizer 1/2 cup each and another 1/4 cup of fishbone meal. Alongside the Walts Organics fertilizer, I have also been mixing in the Terp Tea Grow, Bloom, and the Recharge in with cal/mag distilled water. Last feeding, I had noticed quite a bit of deficiencies and so top dressed with Terp Tea Grow and bloom at the rate of 1 TBS per gallon of potting soil, and mixed the same nutes with the water at the rate of 1 tsp per gallon. From what I can tell, the new growth is showing that I have corrected the deficiencies fairly well and they seem to be doing better.

As far as growth, they are all quite robust, with the Mother Lode strain being quite aggressive. I had neglected them to the point where Mother Lode started getting super tall. She also had more nutrient problems than the G-13's. I have never done a lot of LST, but had to here because I thought I would run out of tent if I let her keep going. I crushed the two tallest stems and bent them over and installed my netting trellis. The canopy is much better now, although, it could be better. I also topped all 4 plants but this time I only topped each plant one time.

I have been giving bloom nutrients leading up to yesterday when I flipped to 12/12 light schedule. These were all planted from feminized seeds and they are already showing some pistils before I flipped. I figured they were ready! I have done some light defoliation on the lower 1/3 of the plants as well as cut out most of the damaged fan leaves.

This grow has suffered because I cannot keep up on it as well but hopefully, this robust plant will make up for my lack of due diligence and give me a good harvest in spite of myself.

IMG 0666
IMG 0667
IMG 0668
IMG 0669
IMG 0670
IMG 0671
IMG 0672
IMG 0673
IMG 0674
BionicKroniK

BionicKroniK

So I have been absent from the Farm except for looking occasionally at some threads I have been following. I've sorta checked out while I am on this cannabis cancer therapy. The RSO therapy is a lot more intense than I had imagined with unanticipated side effects. I have also started a new part time job and have been very tired ALL THE TIME. That is good because I know my body is healing and the rest is the best thing in the world for me right now. In some ways, I am glad to be working; others, not so much.

The good news is I have travelled to another legal state where the best of friends hooked me up with the remainder of flower that I needed to finish out my cancer treatment! I simply cannot afford $300 an ounce at the dispensaries here in my home state. I got 10 ounces off my first grow (not enough, need about a pound), and God has provided in abundance leaving me with about 2 lbs of potent flower, and I found out who my REAL friends are. Praise God.

So as far as this update, these plants have suffered a bit because of the above, and as well, I am still a novice grower with much experience to be gained! I am reusing the soil from the last grow and I did not amend it. My inexperience showing itself perhaps, but it is what it is. I did feed with some organic fertilizer that I had from Walts Organics, which I did mix in about 1/4 cup in each 1/2 gallon pot that I transplanted them into from the 4" peat pots. I also gave them about 1/4 cup of fishbone meal. Then when I moved them to the 5 gallon fabric pots, I again fed with the Walts Organics fertilizer 1/2 cup each and another 1/4 cup of fishbone meal. Alongside the Walts Organics fertilizer, I have also been mixing in the Terp Tea Grow, Bloom, and the Recharge in with cal/mag distilled water. Last feeding, I had noticed quite a bit of deficiencies and so top dressed with Terp Tea Grow and bloom at the rate of 1 TBS per gallon of potting soil, and mixed the same nutes with the water at the rate of 1 tsp per gallon. From what I can tell, the new growth is showing that I have corrected the deficiencies fairly well and they seem to be doing better.

As far as growth, they are all quite robust, with the Mother Lode strain being quite aggressive. I had neglected them to the point where Mother Lode started getting super tall. She also had more nutrient problems than the G-13's. I have never done a lot of LST, but had to here because I thought I would run out of tent if I let her keep going. I crushed the two tallest stems and bent them over and installed my netting trellis. The canopy is much better now, although, it could be better. I also topped all 4 plants but this time I only topped each plant one time.

I have been giving bloom nutrients leading up to yesterday when I flipped to 12/12 light schedule. These were all planted from feminized seeds and they are already showing some pistils before I flipped. I figured they were ready! I have done some light defoliation on the lower 1/3 of the plants as well as cut out most of the damaged fan leaves.

This grow has suffered because I cannot keep up on it as well but hopefully, this robust plant will make up for my lack of due diligence and give me a good harvest in spite of myself.
Welcome Back! 👍 😎

You are doing an EXTRAordinary job with those babies, they're glad you didn't give up on them, that's for sure... 👍 🤜🤛🙌👏🥰 I Love Your Story and I'm Expecting a Mighty Praise Report from You too...👍😉😊 Cancer Survivors Unite! 👍🙌🙂

Nice Work and Enjoy Your Abundant Harvest! 👍🙌🥴🚬😎

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

Grow Update- October 30, 2021

Working on week two of flower, the gals are in full on stretch mode. As I had mentioned before in this thread, I have been neglecting these plants (not my choice!) because I have been working now and also in the middle of RSO cancer therapy. I have began to get much more used to the oil and can function at a higher level now days, although I am very tired most of the time, but the point here is I am a bit more able to take better care of these babies and they are starting to really recover from my neglect.

Part of my problem is my inexperience as a grower. I reused the soil from my last grow and realized it was quite depleted of nutrients. The MotherLode gal was the first to really show deficiencies but the other three G13's were also affected. I think I finally got everything dialed in now as all the new growth is vigorous and robust and flowers are beginning to form. Still using the Terp
Tea blends alongside the Recharge and the plants are loving it.

Other changes I have made is raising the light, and increasing the intensity of the light to around 60%. I will gradually raise that up to 100% by the end of week 4 flower.

IMG 0667
IMG 0668
IMG 0669
IMG 0670
IMG 0671
SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

Grow Update- ~Start of week 4 Flower

Cruising along heading into week 4 Flower which will be officially on Monday but I am doing a week 4 feeding today. The gals have been stretching nicely and putting on a nice array of flowers. I've done some defoliation on the lower 1/3 and should probably put the upper scrog net in soon to support what I hope to be some nice buds!

I am still dialing in the nutrients, especially for MotherLode, which has been a bit finicky because of my inexperience as a grower. I had some deficiencies early on that I believe have ALMOST corrected themselves. The soil was much more depleted than I thought so I have had to amend it along the way, just letting them tell me what they need. Today, even though I am well into flower, I went ahead and top dressed the MotherLode with 3 TBSP of Terp Tea Grow, and also, top dressed all 4 gals with 1/4 cup of organic fish bone meal. Then, since I did not feed last time (only cal/mag water) I fed with 1/2 tsp Recharge, 1 TBSP Terp Tea Grow, 1 TBSP Terp Tea Bloom, and 1 Tsp of Terp Tea Bloom Booster per gallon of cal/mag water. We will see how this goes this week and go from there.

Lastly, I have noticed some peculiar whitish spots on some of the fan leaves. Nearest I can tell, it might be white powdery mildew? I have looked at photos of the real deal and it doesn't really seem to me to be wpm. Anyone recognize what this might be? See last photo of fan leaf.

IMG 0001
IMG 0002
IMG 0003
TUBSTER

TUBSTER

View attachment 1167964

Nutrients-
Organic Fish Bone Meal
View attachment 1167965

Could u help pls I'm gonna cut down tomorrow and gotta dry in cardboard box will a 4 inch fan fitted in in bottom with a bigger hole in top corner will this be on ok
20211106 174035
20211106 174035
20211106 174053
20211106 173959

20211106 174008
SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

it's definitely not wpm. Not sure what it is but my guess would be thrip damage?
Thanks. I had thought that too Krispy but I cannot find any of the possible culprits, and I have looked top and bottom of a lot of fan leaves. From what I have read about thrips, they are fairly easy to spot with the naked eye and I have not seen anything that would even resemble a little parasite.

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

PK1

PK1

Supporter
Grow Update- ~Start of week 4 Flower

Cruising along heading into week 4 Flower which will be officially on Monday but I am doing a week 4 feeding today. The gals have been stretching nicely and putting on a nice array of flowers. I've done some defoliation on the lower 1/3 and should probably put the upper scrog net in soon to support what I hope to be some nice buds!

I am still dialing in the nutrients, especially for MotherLode, which has been a bit finicky because of my inexperience as a grower. I had some deficiencies early on that I believe have ALMOST corrected themselves. The soil was much more depleted than I thought so I have had to amend it along the way, just letting them tell me what they need. Today, even though I am well into flower, I went ahead and top dressed the MotherLode with 3 TBSP of Terp Tea Grow, and also, top dressed all 4 gals with 1/4 cup of organic fish bone meal. Then, since I did not feed last time (only cal/mag water) I fed with 1/2 tsp Recharge, 1 TBSP Terp Tea Grow, 1 TBSP Terp Tea Bloom, and 1 Tsp of Terp Tea Bloom Booster per gallon of cal/mag water. We will see how this goes this week and go from there.

Lastly, I have noticed some peculiar whitish spots on some of the fan leaves. Nearest I can tell, it might be white powdery mildew? I have looked at photos of the real deal and it doesn't really seem to me to be wpm. Anyone recognize what this might be? See last photo of fan leaf.
that looks like spider mites. look at the back of the leaves and focus on the little white things. see if they move.

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

Thanks for the comment, but I hope you are wrong!

Seriously, I have looked the back sides of the leaves with a jewelers loupe and can't see anything moving or otherwise on the bottom (or top) of any leaves. The white spots don't rub off even with a bit of water on my finger. They seem very random and mostly on leaves around the outer edges of my tent....very strange. I have come to the hopeful conclusion that it may be something coming off one of my fans, some kind of lubricant or something leaking out in small quantities and dispersed around by the fans themselves in tiny splatters.

Anyhow, I will be doing an update on the grow soon and hoping I don't have any unwanted guests in my grow tent!

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

11-20-21 Update

Monday begins WEEK 6 of flower, getting ready to put her on cruise control for the final weeks before harvest.

The MotherLode gal is a hungry one and I have struggled to keep up with her, mainly because of my inexperience as a grower. But I have been slowly increasing her feeding without overdoing it and so far, I think I have been successful. She is not a vibrant green color (never has been) but I am hesitant to give any more veg nutrients this late in the game. These two strains will most likely go 9-10 weeks and I wanted to be cautious about giving too much N this late....instead, loading up on the bloom nutrients to the maximum recommendations on the Terp Tea products from Roots Organics, I've also been feeding Recharge every watering @ 1/2 tsp per gallon of water,

The white spots on the leaves have continued to concern me as it seemed to be getting worse. Yesterday, I sprayed all 4 plants down real good with H2O2 hydrogen peroxide in the event I am dealing with any kind of mold or mildew, this should take care of that. If I am seeing problems next watering, I think I might go ahead and water with some H2O2 added to the water to kill off anything that might be in the soil, and then amend with Recharge and Terp Tea Microbe Charge next watering. Playing this by ear, I do not think it's a huge deal at this point but I absolutely could be wrong.

Overall, I am tentatively optimistic about this grow. I know it has been less than ideal as far as me taking the best of care of things, mainly because I am in the midst of some heavy duty RSO therapy for cancer. I can give an update and say that the RSO is a miracle. It flat out deals with the intense pain I have had to endure, and it is slowly ridding my body of the cancer. Rick Simpson recommends 60 grams of oil in 90 days, however, I am at the end of that mark and still dealing with the cancer. After researching it out a bit more, I am realizing that Ricks recommendations are just a starting point for treatment. I have throat cancer, which is a particularly aggressive and deadly cancer and so I figure it will take more than the standard 60 grams of oil to treat my situation. Since I am sort of winging it through this, I am having to make these kind of discoveries on my own and adjust my personal therapy accordingly.

With that said, I have a MAJOR PRAISE report in that in the last week, the tumor in my neck has shrunken by at least 50% judging by the feel of it. The tumor has consistently changed size, shape, hardness, softness, etc since I started the Cannabis therapy. After returning from another legal state with 1/2 lb of OG Kush, I made this into some excellent medicine, and I kid you not, 6 days later the tumor has noticeably shrunk! You would never know it by the pain levels, which seem to have increased, but the tumor is getting much smaller! Praise God.

Here are some photos of the garden in full bloom. Hoping for a real good, and needed, harvest.

IMG 0019
IMG 0021
IMG 0023
IMG 0025
IMG 0027
IMG 0029
IMG 0031
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
11-20-21 Update

Monday begins WEEK 6 of flower, getting ready to put her on cruise control for the final weeks before harvest.

The MotherLode gal is a hungry one and I have struggled to keep up with her, mainly because of my inexperience as a grower. But I have been slowly increasing her feeding without overdoing it and so far, I think I have been successful. She is not a vibrant green color (never has been) but I am hesitant to give any more veg nutrients this late in the game. These two strains will most likely go 9-10 weeks and I wanted to be cautious about giving too much N this late....instead, loading up on the bloom nutrients to the maximum recommendations on the Terp Tea products from Roots Organics, I've also been feeding Recharge every watering @ 1/2 tsp per gallon of water,

The white spots on the leaves have continued to concern me as it seemed to be getting worse. Yesterday, I sprayed all 4 plants down real good with H2O2 hydrogen peroxide in the event I am dealing with any kind of mold or mildew, this should take care of that. If I am seeing problems next watering, I think I might go ahead and water with some H2O2 added to the water to kill off anything that might be in the soil, and then amend with Recharge and Terp Tea Microbe Charge next watering. Playing this by ear, I do not think it's a huge deal at this point but I absolutely could be wrong.

Overall, I am tentatively optimistic about this grow. I know it has been less than ideal as far as me taking the best of care of things, mainly because I am in the midst of some heavy duty RSO therapy for cancer. I can give an update and say that the RSO is a miracle. It flat out deals with the intense pain I have had to endure, and it is slowly ridding my body of the cancer. Rick Simpson recommends 60 grams of oil in 90 days, however, I am at the end of that mark and still dealing with the cancer. After researching it out a bit more, I am realizing that Ricks recommendations are just a starting point for treatment. I have throat cancer, which is a particularly aggressive and deadly cancer and so I figure it will take more than the standard 60 grams of oil to treat my situation. Since I am sort of winging it through this, I am having to make these kind of discoveries on my own and adjust my personal therapy accordingly.

With that said, I have a MAJOR PRAISE report in that in the last week, the tumor in my neck has shrunken by at least 50% judging by the feel of it. The tumor has consistently changed size, shape, hardness, softness, etc since I started the Cannabis therapy. After returning from another legal state with 1/2 lb of OG Kush, I made this into some excellent medicine, and I kid you not, 6 days later the tumor has noticeably shrunk! You would never know it by the pain levels, which seem to have increased, but the tumor is getting much smaller! Praise God.

Here are some photos of the garden in full bloom. Hoping for a real good, and needed, harvest.
hope everything works out for you!

Latest posts

Top Bottom