NEW GROW LIGHT Technology!! Induction Lighting & Sulfur Plasma

• Thread starter Elite Nugs
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
E

Elite Nugs

I was wondering if anyone has used a light like this before or know someone who has. I would like to get one to test it out. They have a bunch of scientific research on their website that looks pretty promising.

From what I've been hearing, the new Plasma lights and these Induction lights are going to be the new thing that will soon replace metal halide and HPS.

Here's the info I found on the Induction lighting. Im hoping someone here has gave one a shot.

They go over the PAR rating for the light and a bunch more on the site. Looks like it might be a pretty decent light.

Website...
http://inda-gro.com/

* Saves up to 70% in electrical loads.
* Emits 95% PAR usable light.
* Excellent canopy penetration.
* Faster rooting of clones and seedlings
* Long life lamps and drivers.
* *60,000 hour 10 year warranty.

* Highest lumens per watt of any lamp manufactured.
* Single lamp for vegetative through flowering stages.
* Low operating temperatures require no added ventilation.
* Fewer plant diseases related to higher temperature lamps.
* Fully assembled, tested & wired to plug in to a standard 120 volt outlet.
* Four Pro 400 Series will run on a single dedicated 120 volt 20 amp circuit.
* 30 day return policy less shipping and handling
* World wide next day shipping of all stock items

And here's some info on the Sulfur Plasma Lights...
http://urbangardenmagazine.com/2010/02/plasma-grow-lights-the-promises-of-full-spectrum-plant-lighting/

Im really interested in finding out more about these lights and seeing what they could do. If anyone has used em or know someone who has... please comment.

J

JAHGYDI

sd hydro uses them in san marcos on some of the plant displays and aquaponic stuff.

GanjaGardener

GanjaGardener

Thanks for the lead, nugs. This is right up my alley so will check it out, get back and will be hangin' w/ your thread. I know enough w/o going anywhere that plasma is on the cutting edge and is not terribly expensive to produce once it's tooled up for mass production. But, hell, the majority of the GP haven't caught on to LED's for home lighting yet and only started getting in touch w/ CFLs, on a large scale a few years ago.

E

Elite Nugs

sd hydro uses them in san marcos on some of the plant displays and aquaponic stuff.

Do they look like there getting the job done?

Next time Im in Oceanside, I'll have to swing by there.

Thanks for the lead, nugs. This is right up my alley so will check it out, get back and will be hangin' w/ your thread. I know enough w/o going anywhere that plasma is on the cutting edge and is not terribly expensive to produce once it's tooled up for mass production. But, hell, the majority of the GP haven't caught on to LED's for home lighting yet and only started getting in touch w/ CFLs, on a large scale a few years ago.

Hey... its the movie lighting guy!! Hola senor.

Yeah... I really like the CFL's. I like em even better then the T5's. Plants love em too.

I've been eagerly waiting to see some type of plasma light hit the hydro stores. Light is the main limiting factor when growing indoors. If we can just get the light right, then we're good to go.

J

JAHGYDI

hells yeah there working huge tomato vines growing off a flood table using water from a 500 gal tank with a bunch of koi.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Where on the site does it say how many lumens the 400 is putting out? Spectrum looks great, but how bright are they, and what kind of penetration can you get compared with a 1000w.

GanjaGardener

GanjaGardener

Hola senor.
Gracias y Hola! back atcha elite. This has been on the back burner for awhile. Still connecting some dots and filling in the colors as I go. Will post up something when I get my shit together on it again, Meanwhile, I'll hang and see what the cat drags in, (no offense to all the kewl kats doin' the draggin' meant, pf course. $680 is getting close to what I was figuring but have to look closer at specs, ie spend somem more time @ the site.

E

Elite Nugs

Gracias y Hola! back atcha elite. This has been on the back burner for awhile. Still connecting some dots and filling in the colors as I go. Will post up something when I get my shit together on it again, Meanwhile, I'll hang and see what the cat drags in, (no offense to all the kewl kats doin' the draggin' meant, pf course. $680 is getting close to what I was figuring but have to look closer at specs, ie spend somem more time @ the site.

We'll be waiting for your expert opinion.

Where on the site does it say how many lumens the 400 is putting out? Spectrum looks great, but how bright are they, and what kind of penetration can you get compared with a 1000w.

I was wondering the same thing. After digging around there site for a while I found this...

Activity Inda-Gro Induction Grow Lights LPS HPS MH T8 LED
Ignition time Instant 6-8 minutes 5-8 minutes 5-10 minute instant instant
Hot Re-strike Yes no no no Yes Yes
Lifespan 60-100K 16-18K 18-24K 8-10K 6-10K 30-50K
Average Mercury Content 5mg 6-45mg 12-50mg 10-1000mg 10-43mg N/A
Mean Lumens per Watt 65-90L/W 183-200L/W 150L/W 65-115L/W 80-100L/W 50-100L/W
Lumen Maintenance 70% 80-85% 55-65% 55-60% 50-75% 45-60%
CRI 85 N/A 21 64 62 75
Color Temperature 2700 - 6500K 1800K 2700K 3000 - 4000K 3000 - 5000K 2700 - 6500K
S/P Ratio* 1.96 0.38 0.76 1.49 1.62 1.85
Power Consumption Low high high Low Low Low
Flicker No yes yes yes yes No
Maintenance Cost very low high high high high Low

So if its 90 Lumen Per Watt and its a 400 watt light... We're looking at 36,000 Lumens. Not much at all, which is probably why they dont have it listed.

I think this would be a great supplemental light... like the LED's, but wouldnt use it as a primary light, except for Veg.

E

Elite Nugs

What I want to see is the Specs on some Sulfur Plasma Lights.

homebrew420

homebrew420

yeah don't know about these light in particular but I feel that us growers are ALWAYS on the cutting edge of lighting technology. Most of these lights, though bright as they are may not be a good grow light, especially for the cash shelled out. I start my new jog with a dispensary on mon, they own an led comany as well and wil lbe offering cutting edge spectral distribution as well as powerful more usable light. They build them frome scatch and we will be able to custom build all lights. We will also be doing research into their abbility to flower out plants. These are not a UFO clone by any means. I had my doubts about the tech until I saw the plants growing under these lights, in veg. They do very well and with altering the spectrum we should be able to dial in proper growth, not too dense, and hopefully be able to flower the plants for commercial viability. I will keep a running online journal when this comes to be. As much asa I am a fan of all the new tech out there, nothing as of yet will compare to a 1000w hps for the money. Sad but true.

Peace
and if someone does get one of these keep us all informed, I love being wrong if I can gain from the info.

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

I have used the Inda Grow 400 watt lights for 2 indoor grows now. Personally I am happy with the results. Buds are hard and frosty. Great flavor and smell also. By the way those 2 grows are my only grows I have ever done.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
I have used the Inda Grow 400 watt lights for 2 indoor grows now. Personally I am happy with the results. Buds are hard and frosty. Great flavor and smell also. By the way those 2 grows are my only grows I have ever done.

good to hear you got nice results

wish you had done some HID grows to compare them too

any pics CJ?

whats the heat output like?

website says the 400 does a 6' x 6' - you feel it covers that adequately?

if 1 400 watt could do a 4 x 4 the value in the bulblife(8 years 24/7) makes it worthwile - using 400 watts where I normally use 1k - thats some real good icing

Crysmatic

Crysmatic

the pics of the tomato plants in their gallery aren't impressive. they're spindly, and it doesn't look like the light penetrates more than a foot into the canopy.

people are getting 'hard and frosty' from led. the problem is low weight, and small plants (which works with sog). 'happy with the results' is very subjective. what does that mean to you?

nuttso

nuttso

I'm also really interested in these lamps. Think the spectrum makes alot of a difference. What about the ac costs you can safe? 2x600w hps against 3x400w induction. if the induction light wins it's on it's way here. :D

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

While i have no personal experience with induction lighting i have been privy to some business conversations with a friend in the industry that beleives induction lightings potential is huge enough to invest a shitload of the company he works for(one of the largest in the hydro industry)money in it,in fact he is in china right now.From what i gather it has been used in industry for quite some time and a 400 is on par with a 1000hps,lasts forever almost and emits very little heat.I dont know if any of this will pan out but we can only hope!

ttystikk

ttystikk

I'm playing with light rotators moving 1000w HID lights. Looked at moving the LEDs, but they're too focused, and flourescents are not strong enough to get anything out of moving them.

Wonder if induction lighting would be amenable to moving? Is the 400w the biggest they offer? What does a BIG one look and operate like?

GanjaGardener

GanjaGardener

Just met w/ my friend and associate who is one half of the design team that is fine tuning a prototype plasma grow light. These guys are miles ahead of me and, frankly, my services were not needed or, at best, my input, outside of the shell, the paint job and a logo, would be redundant. I've been around long enough to understand where my strengths lie, I'm happy for my friend and his partner (that I'm looking forward to meeting) and, for what is of major importance to indoor growers, the direction that grow lighting is going.

I'm not privy to give you all of the design details or the jaw dropping technology that they are using to dial in the sun's spectrum but I can fill you in on some of the things that you can be expect to see in the not distant future.

You will have:

The full spectrum in one lamp- something that plasma is capable of providing and HPS, MH, FLs and LED technology cannot.

The capability of customizing the spectrum- you'll be able to enhance the blue's or red's w/ a dial.

The capability of dimming your light source at your fingertips w/o a color temperature shift.

A low wattage : luminance ratio. ie 3x or 4 x efficiency of incandescent (not sure- maybe even more)

An affordable price right out of the shoot. About the same as what a good 600W HPS system would cost you w/ a Hortilux bulb.

Detailed specs on throw, spread, density pattern, etc.

I have a personal interest in this unit, but no financial interest. Will keep you posted.

GG

Top Bottom