New grow room I’m building

• Thread starter elusiveshame
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
E

elusiveshame

Question....

Will you be setting up the fan inside the tent or are you cutting a hole in your wall to push air inside your room?
I have 2 small fans that I’ve mounted to the top rails, but I’m going to get another one or two for the bottom.

The filter fan is running through the wall to pull air out.
DB8702CB 3454 4D1C A361 3CBDA7480370

E

elusiveshame

I love seeing the wires and everything up off the floor. I see so many photos with wires all over the floor where water is and it makes me cringe thinking about it.
For real. I just realized that this came with a floor mat that I need to toss in.

I just finished mounting the fan:
F7A8135A BF31 45C5 B411 F2EAC0067288

Now I’m looking for my hygro outlet, then figure out a way to cover up the outlet timers display. Prob gonna make a facade out of a box, then some tape over the power strip light and over my other humidifier.

I think I have some extra pipe laying around that I can cover the extension cords lit end.

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

For real. I just realized that this came with a floor mat that I need to toss in.

I just finished mounting the fan:
View attachment 1312130

Now I’m looking for my hygro outlet, then figure out a way to cover up the outlet timers display. Prob gonna make a facade out of a box, then some tape over the power strip light and over my other humidifier.

I think I have some extra pipe laying around that I can cover the extension cords lit end.
You set up a nice room for yourself, considering you are going to "burn your house down" 🤣🤣🤣 that guy was a clown.

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

So you placed your charcoal filter inside your tent and your fan outside. Are you using the filter to filter the air coming into the tent? If so charcoal filters are better for scrubbing odors rather than trying to filter out contaminants. That would better be done with a HEPA filter.

I guess everyone has there own way of doing it but I would've installed the fan inside the tent and the filter outside to keep the tent under negative pressure. With the filter in the tent it will be under positive pressure. Having the fan inside the tent will be quieter since the tent will tamp down the sound.

E

elusiveshame

You set up a nice room for yourself, considering you are going to "burn your house down" 🤣🤣🤣 that guy was a clown.
Thanks! And seriously 🤣 right next to my furnace 💨💨💨

So you placed your charcoal filter inside your tent and your fan outside. Are you using the filter to filter the air coming into the tent? If so charcoal filters are better for scrubbing odors rather than trying to filter out contaminants. That would better be done with a HEPA filter.

I guess everyone has there own way of doing it but I would've installed the fan inside the tent and the filter outside to keep the tent under negative pressure. With the filter in the tent it will be under positive pressure. Having the fan inside the tent will be quieter since the tent will tamp down the sound.
The filter fan is drawing air out to stop the smell. The room the tent is in isn’t airtight so it *should* be okay with getting air through the canvas + when I go in there. The door will also likely be open most of the day anyway, so it won’t be fully closed off.

And here’s the rest of the pics:
FBEC022D FD3B 4E7C BB96 91AE9C174368

CC623E60 97F1 46D2 8C32 60E1827B0600

65ABC2D4 D127 4D20 B4E7 06D0EC2F3BA1

Sock over the hygro outlet seems to work really well, and the box over the timer outlet does the job as well.

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

I saw a video where the guy does a smoke test to see how efficiently his filter was working. When he pulled air through the filter to the fan only the area around the filter connection to fan was pulling much air but when he pulled air through the fan first and then out to the filter the entire filter was working.

JerzeyMike

JerzeyMike

There is a thread on here that taught me about exhaust fans and having the filter pull air in is cutting the fan’s efficiency by about 30%. Its because of the fan having to work harder for the air its trying to move. I have a six inch duct out the top to fan, then filter. Your set up looks cools tho✌🏻

E

elusiveshame

So one thing I've been having a tough time with is keeping the humidity levels up. I think it's for 2 reasons:

1.) The hygro outlet sensor was much higher up in the tent than I should've had it. I have since changed it so it's in between the light and the soil/pots currently.

2.) The humidifier I have in there now will not automatically turn on. It doesn't have a mechanic power switch, so when it shuts off, it just resets itself and I have to manually turn it on.

I've turned both 6" fans off for now, and turned my exhaust fan down to help with keeping some humidity in there. I'm now able to get it between 50-55% regularly, but I do have to keep going in there to turn on the humidifier. I have a new one arriving Friday (the same one I have for my 2x4 tent), so this shouldn't be an issue after that's put in place.

E

elusiveshame

Added a 2nd humidifier and 2 more fans:
ECBDA945 C5B7 4794 A77F 480FCFE7D4C3

13019557 C9EF 4C1E A858 8DE78ED3A59C

The white humidifier is able to be set to shut off when it reaches a certain humidity level, but it doesn’t seem to ever shut off. The black one works as intended with the humidity outlet.

The 2 new fans oscillate, but since I don’t have enough outlets, one of the old fans is just for decoration.

All 3 fans are on now, though, as with the colder nights, the basement heats up more due to having to heat the whole house. Still doesn’t get above 83F, but I like to keep it in the high 70’s if possible.

E

elusiveshame

I put both filter and fan outside and push through the filter... I found at maturity I needed the headroom .
Looks way better with the tent :)
I could do that, but I don’t think I’ll have to worry about space in here. My first grow was about 3.5-4 feet tall, so if I get between 4-5’ I think I’ll be good here.

Plus the less that’s outside of my tent, then better I think 😅 my cats are little assholes and will try to jump on it.

D

Diverge

I put both filter and fan outside and push through the filter... I found at maturity I needed the headroom .
Looks way better with the tent :)

This is what I do as well. I have my fan/filter on the otherside of my wall in oil burner room. I don't even have a filter on it right now since I like the smell of my plants 😄

Then I open one of the bottom 8" tent ports and have a filter box attached to keep dust out. With my humidifier close by it to pull in humidity.

Top Bottom