New grower in need of a lighting guru Please Help!

• Thread starter WickedMichelle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
WickedMichelle

WickedMichelle

Good morning....

New grower here and getting really frustrated. I hope someone can help me.

I bought a 3x3 grow kit. Tent, lights the whole set up.... you know... you all see them. Anyway.... As I am putting together my lights, I notice that the additional lights they offered for a higher yield do not fit the kit they sold me. WTH!?!?!?! Why would you offer lights made for a bigger kit? Misleading!

New grower in need of a lighting guru  please help 2

The kit came with 2 UV, 2 IR and 2 RR. There should be one of each on each side of the light. 4 lights on the kit light... this would be places between the outer 2 as shown. But as you can see, the lights are too long and too wide for this light.

I tried to hang from the top bars however they are stationary and cannot be raised and lowered like the rest.

New grower in need of a lighting guru  please help 3

The space under the power supply is wide enough to strap 1 row of lights (1 uv, 1ir and 1 rr) under it.... Would 1 LED bar be enough?? I am not sure how I can get all 6 lights on this set up. I have seen a hack on youtube however the guy never shown how he did it and I cannot seem to figure out how to get both on. UG. If I can get away with just one strip of each light I can make this work... They all run at different times so I do not know if 1 bar would be enough light for a 3x3.

Thanks in advance.

New grower in need of a lighting guru  please help
WickedMichelle

WickedMichelle

UPDATE:

Ok, I was concerned about this being too wide but it fits. I ended up using zip ties to secure this to the outer frame of the light. I would like to cut down the plastic holders that came with the light since they do not fit anyway.... do not have anything that will cut it :( Even though they are a bit wide, I am hoping that the reflective material will be enough. And all lights will not be on at once so.... Fingers crossed LOL.

This is what I did....

20240514 083714

These end pieces were the concern and what I want to cut.
20240514 083659

This is all lights on with main at 25% Although just the main and RB would run on similar time schedules.
20240514 083431

I still need to make a few adjustments, tie up wires, level the filter and blower better.... but I think I am almost there. FINALLY!!!!

Any thoughts on this set up before I start planting? I really want this to go well 😊

Thanks.

WickedMichelle

WickedMichelle

What kind of light is that? What diodes does the light have?
Main light
The others are this:
  • UV30: 365-370nm, 30w(Each bar is 15w), 2 bars in package
  • IR15: 730-745nm, 16w(Each bar is 9w), 2 bars in package
  • R30: 660nm, 30w(Each bar is 15w), 2 bars in package
You will receive 3 package, each package is with 2 bars

Recommend for main light over 500W, for example FC3000, FC4800 LED grow light

I am not sure the diodes. Sorry.

Newty

Newty

Will they fit between the other led bars but from the bottom, not the top or under the driver?

I just checked Mars Hydro website, they sell 2 different sizes and the ones you have are for bigger lights, you need the smaller ones to fit correctly.
If it came in a kit, they sent you the wrong ones.

WickedMichelle

WickedMichelle

Will they fit between the other led bars but from the bottom, not the top or under the driver?

I just checked Mars Hydro website, they sell 2 different sizes and the ones you have are for bigger lights, you need the smaller ones to fit correctly.
I have written support and no reply yet.

These are the lights that are recommended (https://www.mars-hydro.com/adlite-uv30-ir15-r30-led-grow-light-bars) on the purchase page (https://www.mars-hydro.com/fc3000-3x3-grow-tent-ifresh-kits) When you search their site, there are other supplemental lights but they are also for other model main lights.

Which ones did you see that might fit? Can you provide a link? Other than not fitting the 3x3 FC3000 main light as they say, the lights seem good.

Each has a programmable timer to set each light on it's own schedule. A bit cumbersome on the power-strip but a nice feature.

At this point, I just want to make these work. I do have them attached, not pretty and not sure if too far spread to be effective... but they are on and can be raised and lowered with the main. They are supplemental so even if not properly placed they might still have a positive effect. Or no?

I read, watch videos but until I actually do it... I am clueless to all this.

WickedMichelle

WickedMichelle

I was not far off... I heard back from MarsHydro. This is their response.

Dear Customer,

Greetings from Mars Hydro

Sorry for the inconvenience, At present, our fill lights have different hanging methods. If you cannot install the fill light on your light, you can also use the hanging method.

We provide you with a reference diagram
Unnamed

Pretty without all the cords LMAO.

So frustrating when you purchase something and it comes with incomplete instruction on setting up. I would not have made this extra purchase if I would have known it would have been this much trouble with this kit. I wanted the 4x4 but not enough room in my apartment. the 3x3 is almost too big.

Ok... well at least I am all set up. Time to get soil, nutrients and seeds. 😁

C

Canna_Digz

I’m truly sorry for your small loss here although i must say it works in mine or someone else’s benefit to not get caught in the same rabbit hole so to speak, as a small positive out of it 🤷‍♂️😊

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
I don't typically like youtube info, but MIGRO has a channel that is fantastic, all on lighting and he recently developed his own line of lights, but he's honest about if other lights beat his out. Good guy ✌️

Newty

Newty

I guess I made a mistake.
For some reason Mars Hydro sells them 1 inch longer then your light, the other size is 10" longer.
My bad.
Spider Farmer sells similar Supplement lighting but the difference is that Spider Farmer sells them so they fit right inside their lights. I would of figured Mars Hydro did also.
I've been thinking of adding them to my Spider Farmer SE4500 so I've done quote a bit of research.

Sorry about that.
I've been reading some not so good stuff about Mars Hydro lately, guess I'll stick to Spider Farmer and AC infinity.

WickedMichelle

WickedMichelle

I guess I made a mistake.
For some reason Mars Hydro sells them 1 inch longer then your light, the other size is 10" longer.
My bad.
Spider Farmer sells similar Supplement lighting but the difference is that Spider Farmer sells them so they fit right inside their lights. I would of figured Mars Hydro did also.
I've been thinking of adding them to my Spider Farmer SE4500 so I've done quote a bit of research.

Sorry about that.
I've been reading some not so good stuff about Mars Hydro lately, guess I'll stick to Spider Farmer and AC infinity.
No worries... Although I did get excited there for a min. ;)

This setup may not be pretty but unlike their method, it's adjustable. And if they had sent proper instruction with these lights, this thread would not have been needed. I was worried that having them wide spread would not be covering enough center.

Funny thing is, I have read somewhere that MarsHydro and SpiderFarmer are using the same components. Look at the tents. They look Identical with different logos. I went with the hydro name and cannot remember why. Cheaper maybe. I weighed the pros and cons for my budget. LOL.

Every company has good and bad, no one is perfect. Vivosun is popular and gets good reviews however their lights seem inferior when researching the pieces. The parts on the hydro seem good. The only thing this company really lacks IMO is proper setup instruction. I have read their customer service is bad... I just find them slow. But like their set up instructions, their responses can be bare and basic. Maybe it's the translation IDK.

G

gunslingor

I'm 95% sure you have the wrong part extender for a completely different size product... you bought a trailer for a semi truck when you needed a trailer for a moving truck. If mars hydro actually manufacturer this by design, then I officially will never by mars hydro... I would return the extenders and lights too if this is the best they can do... never thought vivosun would be better than mars, but there is no excuse if that's really what they give you.

WickedMichelle

WickedMichelle

I'm 95% sure you have the wrong part extender for a completely different size product... you bought a trailer for a semi truck when you needed a trailer for a moving truck. If mars hydro actually manufacturer this by design, then I officially will never by mars hydro... I would return the extenders and lights too if this is the best they can do... never thought vivosun would be better than mars, but there is no excuse if that's really what they give you.
You are correct. They fit the 4x4 light much better.
I watched this while it was being shipped from the warehouse never thinking that the light sizes would be different. They have a solution to the smaller light but not easily adjustable like in the video. My solution may not be pretty but adjustable LOL.

I like the fan and filter in the top corner... it gives the tent more grow height. I may try that. Although I am all set up... just need to add the fan and set up the app on my phone. Maybe next grow. LOL.

Latest posts

Top Bottom