new grower knows nothing!!! help

• Thread starter alexnewgrowr
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
cannapits

cannapits

Original Swamp Fam
Supporter
I was a commercial grower in a non med state. here we are criminals not med users lol. Hoping that changes come this Nov. Im not growing anything at the moment. just waiting to see how things turn out after vote cause if it doesnt go my way Im out this state I think.

A

alexnewgrowr

I was a commercial grower in a non med state. here we are criminals not med users lol. Hoping that changes come this Nov. Im not growing anything at the moment. just waiting to see how things turn out after vote cause if it doesnt go my way Im out this state I think.
Hope it goes good the clubs need you.

A

alexnewgrowr

Thank you for the kind words. I wish you nothing but the best as well.
I was reading the link it said to cut above the 3rd node i counted and im pretty sure that would chop off the part with the pistols, my question is is it ok to do that

A

alexnewgrowr

Hey people so the plant that I was thinking was a female, I looked at very closely and I saw little tiny balls so anyways I threw that away but my other plant actually has pistols growing out of it,now it only has two little pistols growing but I can't find anywhere online that will tell me exactly if its still in veg or in the flowering stage, so my question is should I switch to 2700 bulbs or just let it sit for a little while in the lights that I have her in currently?

Last edited:
Nef420

Nef420

Don't worry yet it's still in veg my guess. Just remember as long as you keep the lights on 18/6 you plant will stay in the veg stage. But as soon as you swich to flower or 12/12 meaning 12 hours of light and 12 dark, it will start to change but in like a week from then you will see more hairs and stuff. But if your lights are at 18/6 then your in veg and it's just the plant showing you what it is. I'd flip her at 12 inches but that's my opinion. Just add the 2700 k bulbs when you change to the 12/12 light timing.

cannapits

cannapits

Original Swamp Fam
Supporter
Im sure you changing the light to 12/12 for awhile induced it showing sex.. Leave the light on 18/6 or 20/4 and let it get back to veg and growing.

Again if it were me Id top it or use LST. bush it out before you flower it.. then worry about bulb change in flowering.

cannapits

cannapits

Original Swamp Fam
Supporter
Again top or LST and get a few colas then flip in a couple weeks IMO.

A

alexnewgrowr

Again top or LST and get a few colas then flip in a couple weeks IMO.
I have cut some Fans off to get rid of the shaded areas and already growing backI'm hesitant to do LST since that has to do with bending of the Stem

cannapits

cannapits

Original Swamp Fam
Supporter
I have cut some Fans off to get rid of the shaded areas and already growing backI'm hesitant to do LST since that has to do with bending of the Stem

lol. I can understand that.. me I pinch the stems and roll my fingers to control height as well.. do what you feel comfortable with but when bending you do it slowly. not an issue.

A

alexnewgrowr

lol. I can understand that.. me I pinch the stems and roll my fingers to control height as well.. do what you feel comfortable with but when bending you do it slowly. not an issue.
Im trying to get the nerve to try the more i read how about it the easier it becomes is it necessary or should I say just recommended

cannapits

cannapits

Original Swamp Fam
Supporter
no.... you can top the main stem to encourage multi colas. I bend them over so the bottoms grow up at the same rate at the tip. very little stress IMO. again do what you feel comfortable with. we all gotta learn somewhere. I know how hardy this plant is. Ive had branches split ive had to tape back up. I ve had plants get yanked out the ground and tossed in the canal. then go back and get them later to replant them and kept them alive. Ive got a ton of crazy stories lol. lots of things happen over 25 years.

A

alexnewgrowr

Shade areas?!
The more green you got, the more you get.
cannapits is doing his best to help, but it ain't working.
All the advise here has been to DO LESS.
Give her time.
I believe it is working and what i mean by shaded areas are the areas that hardly see the light...ive been at this for a month i think i know what im talking about...lol
I read too this is what was said is a good idea "defoliation" right?

cannapits

cannapits

Original Swamp Fam
Supporter
Shade areas?!
The more green you got, the more you get.
cannapits is doing his best to help, but it ain't working.
All the advise here has been to DO LESS.
Give her time.

yeah I didnt see that part.. dont go cutting fan leaves off. no need for that. topping new growth to get multi colas is way different than just cutting random fan leaves off.

Top Bottom