new grower knows nothing!!! help

• Thread starter alexnewgrowr
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

alexnewgrowr

At over 6in from top cfls become almost useless. They lack penetration and lose so many lumens. Check out the "inverse sqaure law" to see what im talking about.
Ok i tried LST for the first time today but im still thinking too much into the snap...is bending that much needed i tilted just enough its still over the pot but to one side

-SG

A

alexnewgrowr

I don't know what happened there but anyways SG didn't say that what I was trying to say was...
i tried LST for the first time today but im still thinking too much into the snap...is bending that much needed i tilted just enough its still over the pot but to one side.

Supergoo

Supergoo

I don't know what happened there but anyways SG didn't say that what I was trying to say was...
i tried LST for the first time today but im still thinking too much into the snap...is bending that much needed i tilted just enough its still over the pot but to one side.

Are you at 12/12 yet? Pics of plants.

-SG

mevius

mevius

[QUOTE =“alexnewgrowr,郵編:1346005,會員:64117”]後來生病後一個事先知情同意,但IM仍然在18/6 [/ QUOTE]

18/6 bad?

A

alexnewgrowr

[QUOTE =“alexnewgrowr,郵編:1346005,會員:64117”]後來生病後一個事先知情同意,但IM仍然在18/6 [/ QUOTE]
I dont speak chinese but your plant is bigger than mine ive been told i can induce flowering at 12:12 anytime I want I have one little pistol right now that's it or I mean bud

18/6 bad?

cannapits

cannapits

Original Swamp Fam
Supporter
cannapits is likely to suggest a topping, but even this could be considered an advanced technique, and not a requirement.

personally Id suggest bending it over and tying it up while rick james plays super freak in the background. but thats just me.. I agree there isnt a big need to top it . I was just suggesting I think it would be better to bush it out a bit with the lights hes using.. truth is I just wanna see him succeed and get more than a few grams for his effort..

A

alexnewgrowr

personally Id suggest bending it over and tying it up while rick james plays super freak in the background. but thats just me.. I agree there isnt a big need to top it . I was just suggesting I think it would be better to bush it out a bit with the lights hes using.. truth is I just wanna see him succeed and get more than a few grams for his effort..
I am doing my best to take your advice(s) it seems i am limited

A

alexnewgrowr

its all good. Im trying my best to offer sound advice and not try and confuse ya lol.. im no expert but I did stay at an Holiday Inn Express last night. for what thats worth lol.
Your a funny person it is helping I'm trying to take everybodys advice with a grain of salt I guess you could say because I know everybody like you said is going to have different opinions but when someone suggest one thing at look it up I read up on it it sounds good I try it maybe...and from what I've read topping does look to be a pretty good idea but I'm still unsure about it I'm going to read more

cannapits

cannapits

Original Swamp Fam
Supporter
Your a funny person it is helping I'm trying to take everybodys advice with a grain of salt I guess you could say because I know everybody like you said is going to have different opinions but when someone suggest one thing at look it up I read up on it it sounds good I try it maybe...and from what I've read topping does look to be a pretty good idea but I'm still unsure about it I'm going to read more

Thats a good way to approach it. really its you thats gotta live with the results.. learning from failure happens. thats how I started long ago. I didnt get lots of advice etc.. trial and error. lots of reading and trying new things. dont get me wrong Ive picked up tips here and there and I still do. get everything with a grain of salt. read up on it and then make a sound decision.

Im looking at building a 10k sqf grow facility. Ive built out to many grow shows to count in rental homes. but I still bounce ideas off of people I respect that have done it before.. I study up and in the end I make the best informed decision I can.. same as you bro.. and ive been doing this 25 years lol.. always learning. have a great night.

A

alexnewgrowr

Thats a good way to approach it. really its you thats gotta live with the results.. learning from failure happens. thats how I started long ago. I didnt get lots of advice etc.. trial and error. lots of reading and trying new things. dont get me wrong Ive picked up tips here and there and I still do. get everything with a grain of salt. read up on it and then make a sound decision.

Im looking at building a 10k sqf grow facility. Ive built out to many grow shows to count in rental homes. but I still bounce ideas off of people I respect that have done it before.. I study up and in the end I make the best informed decision I can.. same as you bro.. and ive been doing this 25 years lol.. always learning. have a great night.
You do the same...when you can take a look at my recent pic that is me practicing LST...LOL but ive always had this prob where i only go so far with advice or whatever and all of a sudden im trying to make it work in my own way im working on that as well but those are my demons, I will contact you again let you know how things are going to you later man.
I've been meaning to ask how long is a usual harvest?

Supergoo

Supergoo

This is the best advice you can take believe me. Keep it simple! In the little set up you have under the small lights your using and being this is your first grow and you have seemingly a very lacking knowledge of how plants work, namely cannabis(we all did at somepoint so dont worry) there is no reason to be worrying about topping/supercropping/fimming/lsting. Just let your plant do its thing, because the very unfourtuante truth which I hate to be the debbie downer about is you wont be pulling more than 5-6 grams off that plants no matter what you do. Keep it simple learn, get experience, keep reading you will learn so much in the next month and as your plant matures, if you think you are out of the woods after you get to the end of flowing you will still have to learn about trichome ripeness and harvest times(lot of fun debates there). When you are more expeirenced and if you decide to do something a little bit bigger than a little micro grow than you can start learning about different training techniques and advanced methods of growing.

BTW post some pics.

-SG

A

alexnewgrowr

This is the best advice you can take believe me. Keep it simple! In the little set up you have under the small lights your using and being this is your first grow and you have seemingly a very lacking knowledge of how plants work, namely cannabis(we all did at somepoint so dont worry) there is no reason to be worrying about topping/supercropping/fimming/lsting. Just let your plant do its thing, because the very unfourtuante truth which I hate to be the debbie downer about is you wont be pulling more than 5-6 grams off that plants no matter what you do. Keep it simple learn, get experience, keep reading you will learn so much in the next month and as your plant matures, if you think you are out of the woods after you get to the end of flowing you will still have to learn about trichome ripeness and harvest times(lot of fun debates there). When you are more expeirenced and if you decide to do something a little bit bigger than a little micro grow than you can start learning about different training techniques and advanced methods of growing.

BTW post some pics.

-SG
Ok thank you i will post pics for you. It does take several months for anything to really show right? So in other words I will prob see vary little to no changes for a while, I know that...or I think anyway that the plant goes through changes every day doesnt it? Being a 1st timer I check it every day i see slight changes.

A

alexnewgrowr

there are a bunch ?of Colas all over the plant but now I gotta worry about it being in shock And turning because one of my lamps fell and where do you think I fell...yep right on the plant,
anyways it's looking ok for now.
so my question about lights is I was at the dollar store the other day and I found the light bulbs that they used to have before the energy savers they were 60 watts each 2700 K so those would be okay to use it would just put out Alot of heat right

CAM00022
cannapits

cannapits

Original Swamp Fam
Supporter
Stick with cfls. Need to just get a run in with this girl and save some money to buy a real light for down the road if you are gonna get serious about growing your own. To answer other question flowering time varies but on average its 8 to 10 weeks

A

alexnewgrowr

The only things that i find about when to switch to 12/12 is the flowering stage so should i wait till i get to my disired height? Or right when i see flower? Like i said before the colas are growing all over so 12/12 time? And if so when i finish my 18 hr cycle should i go from 6 off into 12 and then 12/12 from then on.

drewski85

drewski85

everyone has their own opinions on on/off times.some people go 18/6 - 12/12 or 18/6 then 11/13 then 10/14 for the end of the flowering cycle.as a beginner you should keep it simple and use 12/12 and not tweak flowering times.you also have to consider height limitations.some varieties stretch 2-3x after flowering is induced

Last edited:
A

alexnewgrowr

Alright so i might be asking the wrong question...
Its been a month when should i induce flower or wait? Up to me maybe?

Top Bottom