New grower leaf problems help needed please

• Thread starter Ryanboii
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ryanboii

Ryanboii

Hi im a new grower so I don't have much experience but trying to learn. A few days ago 1 of my 3 plants started showing signs of rusty looking patches on the leaves and its gotten alot worse a friend told me it could be that iv over fed so I just gave her water to see what would happen and its getting worse and spreading I don't have a clue at this point I need help ill post pictures so you can see what I'm talking about

New grower leaf problems help needed please
New grower leaf problems help needed please 2
New grower leaf problems help needed please 3
Garg710

Garg710

Are you dechlorinating and modifying the pH of your water?

Garg710

Garg710

I'm not sure if its the rust fungus or nutrient lockout like I thought. If its the fungus, its a humidity born issue.

Ryanboii

Ryanboii

Possibly to do with humidity as I recently introduced second light and bigger fan and as the humidity increased I now have my extractor on all the time n that was just before this problem appeared but my other 2 plants haven't been effected wich is strange but they are abit further from the fan. Im not sure lol im confused atm

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Could you try taking clearer pictures; also information like medium, nutrients, pH & PPM, frequency of watering would help

Ryanboii

Ryanboii

Hi the medium is just standard soil and I watered it today and the ph before was 6.39 and run off was 5.94 and I had only gave them bud candy up until just over a week ago at age 7 weeks and then I gave them 2ml micro 1 ml grow 2ml bloom no bud candy this time. Ill post a pic of the notes I use and up to date pic of plant below. I realise iv messed up feeding too late and probably stunted the growth on them but its my first time learning from my mistakes.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

It's a rootzone issue 100% maybe nutes, ph, watering, but I would check for bugs first.

Next would be runoff ph and ppm

Ryanboii

Ryanboii

It's a rootzone issue 100% maybe nutes, ph, watering, but I would check for bugs first.

Next would be runoff ph and ppm

How about if some of my roots are exposed above soil would that cause this ?. There's no bugs.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Then I would look to ph and ppm of runoff. Hmthe dark and shiny leaves lead me to think they were over fed to the point of causing lockouts from either salinity or ph.

No mater the deficiency that makes me think this is the cause. Typically a calcium deficiency if from the plants not uptaking enough water and salinity and ph can affect that.

Ryanboii

Ryanboii

Then I would look to ph and ppm of runoff. Hmthe dark and shiny leaves lead me to think they were over fed to the point of causing lockouts from either salinity or ph.

No mater the deficiency that makes me think this is the cause. Typically a calcium deficiency if from the plants not uptaking enough water and salinity and ph can affect that.

What would you suggest i do ?

Garg710

Garg710

Hey I use the same nutes along with Velo Kelp, astroflower and nature's candy. I use distilled water from my home distiller and I collect it into a 35 liter tote. Reverse osmosis water is great as well. In that plastic storage tote, there's an air stone connected to a cheap usb power air pump. Ph to 6.1 with a tiny pinch of baking soda and that's it. Two weeks worth of water in my case. I also use Advanced nutrients Carboload in-between

Ryanboii

Ryanboii

Hey I use the same nutes along with Velo Kelp, astroflower and nature's candy. I use distilled water from my home distiller and I collect it into a 35 liter tote. Reverse osmosis water is great as well. In that plastic storage tote, there's an air stone connected to a cheap usb power air pump. Ph to 6.1 with a tiny pinch of baking soda and that's it. Two weeks worth of water in my case. I also use Advanced nutrients Carboload in-between

I just use tap water but I have ph up and down if needed but never had to yet as the water has always been between 5.5-6.5 so then I add what nutes im using and feed never had a problem until this occurred im gutted other 1 is doing fine and iv done the exact same to each only difference is this 1 is closer to the fan and as I noticed recently when I water I notice some roots on or near the surface so iv topped it up with some living soil. Moved the plants round and gone back to my original routine of having extractor off for a day every now and then. So it don't get too dry.

Latest posts

Top Bottom